Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Corsair Quick Draw on Sleep

I couldn't find anything about this and I was wondering about the effects of Quick Draw on Lullaby and Sleep. Has anyone tested a few of the following

1) Does Quick Draw of the corresponding element increase the length of the sleep/lullaby?
    2) If it is partially resisted sleep(not sure how you could test this) will it bring the sleep/lullaby to max.
    3)Will a Light Shot ontop of a previous Light Shot do #1 or #2 or neither?

Also bit of a newbish question that I never got around to testing, what's the max length of the sleep on light shot and does light staff increase it?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i'm not certain if you realize this in your question, but a couple patches back they changed light shot to induce sleep, and dark shot to dispel.

so the two shouldn't effect the length on either

(sorry if thats not what you mean)

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo
    i'm not certain if you realize this in your question, but a couple patches back they changed light shot to induce sleep, and dark shot to dispel.

so the two shouldn't effect the length on either

(sorry if thats not what you mean)
    They still help spells even though thats what they do. It was proven on a Dia and Bio testing during ballista that it increases dot dmg.(I believe it was Dot dmg anyway cant recall if it helpped the -atk or -def effect of either)

edit: Even though it says It has no effect on dark one if there is nothing to dispel it still works btw.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

ah ok, sorry i haven't played corsair since right after they made those changes

Quick Shot doesn't effect duration.

Banned.

BG Level

I do have a question about Quick Shot:

What's it relation to Diabolos' Nightmare? I assume it's "Lullaby" type sleep.

I static merit with a Corsair. From everything I've seen, the sleep duration is always a 1 minute effect. I've never seen anything wake up like 10 seconds, 20 seconds, etc after being slept and she pulls like a BRD, doesn't camp on the slept mob, hoping it doesn't awaken while we're fighting the current one. I'm not real sure if light staff does anything, she claims it does and I think out of like 10+ parties she's been resisted only twice on sleep, both were when she didn't have sushi on. She never has anything else on in parties, she just basically plays BRD.

I think it's a Lullaby sleep. When she gets overwhelmed on pulls, maybe pulls a Mamool Stabler w/ a Raptor, I'll do Sleepga, but it never overwrites her sleep on whatever she slept. I'm not a RDM or BLM, so not sure if Sleep II would overwrite this.

Sleep II does in fact overwrite it. We had our COR sleep Ouryu last time, then had an RDM throw ES Sleep2 on top of it.

Can't really speak for the accuracy of COR's Light Shot though--he only tried sleeping Ouryu twice or so during the fight's duration; one landed, the other didn't.

Yeah, but then again, look at Sleep's accuracy on wyrms and stuff, it's not all that wonderful either unless you completely pimp out your Enfeeb+INT.

Well option #1 is a no, however I cant think of a good way to test option #2 any ideas in specific?