Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Distant Worlds: The Men Behind the Music

Hey all, one of our staff at ZAM (so lucky!!) had the opportunity to interview Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu while he's in Seattle for the Distant Worlds concert. Check out the interview here: Distant Worlds: The Men Behind the Music :: ZAM News

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Wow that was a great little interview/story, I was always curious how that concert tour got started... thanks a lot :3

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Uematsu would have been an awesome wrestling name.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm going to this on Saturday!

Very interesting interview.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

nice interview..

i attended the Singapore leg of the tour. it was amazing..
    i wish i could attend again.. i want to hear the newly orchestrated J-E-N-O-V-A...

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I just got back from the Seattle show; Nobuo Uematsu was great. The symphony itself was great...

Unfortunately, the singers for Memoro de la Stono and Opera "Maria and Draco" were terrible at best. We did get NAs first live showing of The Man with the Machine Gun, which was fun. And watching chocobos dance was a blast, too.

I was surprised at the lack of Cosplay, though. I saw two people in costume.

Overall, the experience was fantastic. I was sad that the mezo-Soprano couldn't sing her way through a Rosanne impression, especially since XI and VI are my two favorites, but the rest more than made up for it. And, again, Nobuo was absolutely wonderful, and the reaction was superb.

If they ever do a UK version of this - wherever it goes - I'm fucking there.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

$10 tickets + meeting him in person tomorrow at my school = epic win!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    I just got back from the Seattle show; Nobuo Uematsu was great. The symphony itself was great...

Unfortunately, the singers for Memoro de la Stono and Opera "Maria and Draco" were terrible at best. We did get NAs first live showing of The Man with the Machine Gun, which was fun. And watching chocobos dance was a blast, too.

I was surprised at the lack of Cosplay, though. I saw two people in costume.

Overall, the experience was fantastic. I was sad that the mezo-Soprano couldn't sing her way through a Rosanne impression, especially since XI and VI are my two favorites, but the rest more than made up for it. And, again, Nobuo was absolutely wonderful, and the reaction was superb.
    I went to the Saturday night show, I didn't think the singers were too bad. She walked out and I thought "opera singer, gonna be a ton of vibrato!" Wasn't wrong.

There was a slapdash BLM and WHM there, I think people realize you don't cosplay to the symphony. Music was awesome, it's a fantastic tribute to FF and I strongly urge any fans to attend!