+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gift Box improved:

Summon Ticket x 6 -> Summon Ticket x 6 (unchanged)
    Growstar x 1 -> Growstar x 1 (unchanged)
    Ability Ticket x 12 -> Ability Ticket x 20
    Elixir x 2 -> Elixir x 5
    Phoenix Down x 2 -> Phoenix Down x 5
    Crystals x 3 -> Crystals x 5
    (New item) -> Spirit Ticket x 1
    (New item) -> Extranger x 1
    (New item) -> Mog Amulet x 1

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mobiu...03486706672506

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Unexpected tbh, it was already a good deal. Also I'm only 1 panel away from dark Knight. Been farming mantis in ch2 with Salamander + 3 inugami, getting 300-400 seeds per autobattle

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The cost to lvl jobs past 4 panels is daunting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Job cards are much stronger than starting jobs. We do get better jobs later, but the current jobs will still be possible to draw, so if you're unlucky enough you could end up with one of the current jobs.

Honestly, they're still pretty decent and can get you through chapter 3 when it releases, and you can't pull a duplicate. So if you were to pull now you can get through harder content for a while and have an increased chance of pulling a better job later.
    From what I've read pulling the starter jobs isn't bad at all as they are all better than the actual starter ones. From what I understand the main reason for this is that their panels go further or something. Like with the fighter guy you unlock warrior a few panels in, but still get 8 panels total, but if you pull warrior then you have him straight up with 8 full panels to unlock. Therefore, in the long run he's a lot better and even gets a few job upgrades that the initial fighter doesn't get. I hope this makes sense.

I think that's correct but I also may be mistaken.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No, you are correct. I'm not sure their panels go further, I think the starter job panels also go to 8, but don't give as great a stat boost as the jobs you summon.

Honestly, I would recommend you to do a job pull. Content gets a lot easier with one. And by a lot I really do mean a lot. And as I said, while "better" jobs get released later, the current jobs will still be in the poll, and you can't pull duplicates. Later jobs do have some unique properties from what I've read, like the Archeologist who can turn all orbs in to prism orbs that can be used for any ability.

No, you are correct. I'm not sure their panels go further, I think the starter job panels also go to 8, but don't give as great a stat boost as the jobs you summon.

Honestly, I would recommend you to do a job pull. Content gets a lot easier with one. And by a lot I really do mean a lot. And as I said, while "better" jobs get released later, the current jobs will still be in the poll, and you can't pull duplicates. Later jobs do have some unique properties from what I've read, like the Archeologist who can turn all orbs in to prism orbs that can be used for any ability.
    I pulled a warrior job out of mine. On the second panel I think it was I got something that gave me an extra attack during break. It was a HUGE upgrade.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kellen Amarian
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Each job-slot has two sets of a total of 8 skill panels. For the starter jobs, the first four are open, however the second set is unlocked after Chapter 4 -- at least in JP that's how it has been on JP. I believe, not started jobs-slots have access to all 8 skill panels, but idk if that'll be different on global.

Also, in JP if you pull a new job card, you can possibly get a job-slot that has all 8 skill panels full, which is awesome.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So I'm noticing that most of the time when I have issues with a stage it's because I don't have any support orbs available to heal with. Aside from the future content I saw on the JP side that can make these spawn more often is there anything available in the game today?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Unexpected tbh, it was already a good deal. Also I'm only 1 panel away from dark Knight. Been farming mantis in ch2 with Salamander + 3 inugami, getting 300-400 seeds per autobattle
    How are you doing 300-400? After skillseeds are unlocked most I see from one card is 12 skillseeds. What else are you doing to improve the rate?

This is what I'm working with now:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    So I'm noticing that most of the time when I have issues with a stage it's because I don't have any support orbs available to heal with. Aside from the future content I saw on the JP side that can make these spawn more often is there anything available in the game today?
    Use up the emental orbs by using Elemental Guard. If you use 2 out of 3 you should have higher chances to draw life orbs. Maybe WHM gets a weapon to improve life orb draws? I know Hunter (?) weapons do that for wind orbs.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Use up the emental orbs by using Elemental Guard. If you use 2 out of 3 you should have higher chances to draw life orbs. Maybe WHM gets a weapon to improve life orb draws? I know Hunter (?) weapons do that for wind orbs.
    Gladius (the Ranger job weapon) does that, with a 5%(?) chance increase per weapon rank.

The support card that converts all orbs in to wind orbs is really, really good for Ranger since Wind abilities deal extra damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    How are you doing 300-400? After skillseeds are unlocked most I see from one card is 12 skillseeds. What else are you doing to improve the rate?

This is what I'm working with now:

Play on Hard mode, you get a bonus to Seeds after battle. The higher your score, the higher the seed bonus is. This is an average run for me, I'm sure you can get higher by doing harder fights:

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

When people say to pick one job to focus one, what do you do about battles where your job is missing orb generation for the stronger element?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Personally, Ranger gets me through pretty much everything. If I meet a Fire boss, I have an element it's weak to even if I can't raise my resistance to it. If I meet a Water boss, I have an element I can elemental drive to get resistance against, even if I don't have anything it's weak to.

I'm hoping to draw a job with Fire orbs next time (unless Explorer gets Fire, I haven't unlocked it yet).

Also; Is there any Earth Ranger skills? It bugs me to hell that I'm still using a Warrior Earth skill.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Personally, Ranger gets me through pretty much everything. If I meet a Fire boss, I have an element it's weak to even if I can't raise my resistance to it. If I meet a Water boss, I have an element I can elemental drive to get resistance against, even if I don't have anything it's weak to.

I'm hoping to draw a job with Fire orbs next time (unless Explorer gets Fire, I haven't unlocked it yet).

Also; Is there any Earth Ranger skills? It bugs me to hell that I'm still using a Warrior Earth skill.
    Yes, there is. I think one drops in Chapter 2 from the Golem boss.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Should I wait until I finish chapter 2 to buy 3 star cards?
    Buy 3 star immediately. You should not be using 1 and 2 star cards, you'll get plenty of ability cards later if you're worried about that.

To those who have questions about jobs READ
    https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12...=1#post6751156

Gift Box improved:

Summon Ticket x 6 -> Summon Ticket x 6 (unchanged)
    Growstar x 1 -> Growstar x 1 (unchanged)
    Ability Ticket x 12 -> Ability Ticket x 20
    Elixir x 2 -> Elixir x 5
    Phoenix Down x 2 -> Phoenix Down x 5
    Crystals x 3 -> Crystals x 5
    (New item) -> Spirit Ticket x 1
    (New item) -> Extranger x 1
    (New item) -> Mog Amulet x 1

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mobiu...03486706672506
    Glad its retroactive or I would have been pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    When people say to pick one job to focus one, what do you do about battles where your job is missing orb generation for the stronger element?
    For now you should be able to battle through it if you level enough and if you are playing a job drawn from the shop. Later on you can job change mid battle and it shouldn't be a issue. If you're stuck on a boss battle that's preventing progress go ahead and drop a phoenix down assuming you know you can kill it then since their difficulty height spikes high compared to later fights.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes, there is. I think one drops in Chapter 2 from the Golem boss.
    Is it rare? I've killed him, but didn't get one. I'll need to go kill some more. I have a fuckload of Cockatrice cards and Lich cards :/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gladius (the Ranger job weapon) does that, with a 5%(?) chance increase per weapon rank.

The support card that converts all orbs in to wind orbs is really, really good for Ranger since Wind abilities deal extra damage.

Play on Hard mode, you get a bonus to Seeds after battle. The higher your score, the higher the seed bonus is. This is an average run for me, I'm sure you can get higher by doing harder fights:

Same battlefield, Hard Mode, this is what I got:

What am I doing wrong?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What score did you get? As long as I get 150000+ i always get a total of x6.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Job cards are much stronger than starting jobs. We do get better jobs later, but the current jobs will still be possible to draw, so if you're unlucky enough you could end up with one of the current jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    1) Simply combining any card together will you give some EXP relative to the sacrificed card's level....
    Thank you for the answers.

Yeah, I've never gotten a 6x, either. Box bonus?