1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BLM Cast Speed Exploit     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

BLM Cast Speed Exploit

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...vered_someone/

Posting here incase things get nuked and the reddit thread gets locked down.

http://archive.is/YRaSL

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Honestly from watching the video and studying the logs, it just looks like he's using a program to give himself permanent leylines or just speed up his GCD/cast times.

I doubt an exploit/bug like this exists and has gone publicly undisclosed for this long, it's more likely a program.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Them instantly trying to hide it would suggest to me that it's less of an exploit and more of an outright cheat.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Looks like a cheat, where he's shaving off his recast delay.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Does anyone have a copy of that video? Re-hosted of course

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

It got taken down on reddit because of "witch hunting".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What are the chances the healers are using this? I know there's TP and MP issues with this that other jobs wouldn't have.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    What are the chances the healers are using this? I know there's TP and MP issues with this that other jobs wouldn't have.

It would be a big advantage for sure for any job. Yes there would be TP/MP issues but squeezing in extra GCDs when needed is a big advantage.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I feel the word witch hunt is being misused here

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    I feel the word witch hunt is being misused here
    I suppose so. Considering the character is a male Black Mage, it would be more like a "sorcerer/warlock hunt", if anything.

Cassalot

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I suppose so. Considering the character is a male Black Mage, it would be more like a "sorcerer/warlock hunt", if anything.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oh man, this is good. Don't fucking upload your videos and parses if you're going to blatantly use tools or exploits like that.

Apparently, the FC has a history of it, though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    Oh man, this is good. Don't fucking upload your videos and parses if you're going to blatantly use tools or exploits like that.

Apparently, the FC has a history of it, though.
    Who said they have a history of it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just glancing through the Reddit thread has people mentioning they've done it previously in LotR Online.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

His rotation is.. unorthodox. Seems like he maximized spell speed to the point where he can just toss Fire 4's without losing AF. Tempted to send him a PM on The Lodestone and ask what his gearset is like. Some of the screenshots made me think he sacrificed a lotta crit % tho, cuz all his F4s hit for like 4-5k. Anyone able to see his parse logs before they got locked?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    His rotation is.. unorthodox. Seems like he maximized spell speed to the point where he can just toss Fire 4's without losing AF. Tempted to send him a PM on The Lodestone and ask what his gearset is like. Some of the screenshots made me think he sacrificed a lotta crit % tho, cuz all his F4s hit for like 4-5k. Anyone able to see his parse logs before they got locked?

His rotation requires 1600+ SS. His gear is standard i210 according to Lodestone, so no magic SS Diadem build. (even that wouldn't be enough)

Its an exploit (unlikely) or a hack.

The only reason to think it is still a possible exploit is the fact that Leylines still effects his cast time.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Edit: people on the reddit topic have posted this as well, it is just buried in the sea of comments. So multiple people have been able to replicate it.

Just so people know, this has already been replicated, and it is somewhat easy to do. I won't share proof of it because I myself didn't test it nor would I want to reveal it without permission, but a lot of the popular botting software for FFXIV includes things like "infinite TP", "perma swiftcast" and the ability to avoid animation delays (Think JA0wait from FFXI if you used that plugin, where you could do things like provoke or sneak attack and move immediately and not NEED to be bound by the animation lock).

If you go into these programs and give yourself extra "speed", you can achieve the same thing this guy has done. You do not see your cast times client-side, so you actually have to practice with this on and know how long it takes to cast a spell and watch for your abilities to go off. Basically, you spam it faster than you think to make it cast faster than it would appear you could. It's pretty nuts.

Even when you fuck up your rotation its a huge DPS increase, so I see why this guy was blowing people out of the water. It also looks like using this is ONLY helpful for Black Mage. You need a job with a ton of spell speed to be able to pull this off and get the maximum benefit, and no other job's skill speed or spell speed was enough to accomplish this.

The big problem is... SE has a thing with banning people who figure out exploits, so there is really no incentive for someone who has figured out how to replicate it to turn it over to SE, because they will probably get banned too. The good news is that if someone is parsing or recording, this is obvious, as you all have seen. However, if you are in a fight with 8 other people and no one records and no one posts parses, people could potentially use this for BLM to be assholes and claim a legitimate clear when in fact they were aided by tools.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

its really fucking incriminating when you hide every fucking log and disable comments on the video. the one log from the tank that was viewable yesterday is hidden now.

edit:saw this in the reddit post
    Dunno if this comment will be seen but this was mentioned in the JP community broadcast (similar to Duty Commenced) today. Dev team is aware of the exploit and is looking into it.

looks like SE purged all posted related to this WHAT THE FUCK SI WRONG WITH THEM?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

They talked about it during the JP Duty Commenced. They're aware of its existence and are investigating. The last thing they want and need is more people being aware that this exists, which I guess is why they purged the posts, as they did when exploits were discovered in the past.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast