Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Infusion/Endure LS [Alexander]

Quoted from another thread:

Past linkshells: On Alexander i was in Infusion which later became Endure.

Reason for leaving said linkshells: Linkshell wants to server switch to Lakshmi for "better claims", i feel this wont work out though and now i'd like to join a stable Linkshell.
    What's the story on these guys? Should we fear for Lakshmi's end-game? I've always heard Alexander is pretty heavy on the bots, are these guys moving to avoid them, or so they can be the big fish in a smaller pond?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Re: Infusion/Endure LS [Alexander]

I'm not going to sugar coat things. Claims were low on Alexander do to other linkshells having significant advntage in the bot department. It was decided that Lakshmi would see an increase in ground claims. Endure has a very favorable nice people to jerk ratio. I don't think they will be "disruptive" to your end game scene, but they do plan on claiming a great number of ground pops.

So long and thx for all the fish Infusion

=o

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

They will be botting, but they left some of their best claimers on Alexander so don't expect massive loss of claims.

They have some pretty cool people that will be missed (Hierony & Badjuujuu) and some people that we wont miss.

They'll claim, and they wont be complete jerks about it. Fairly decent shell when I led in terms of the people, although with the move I don't know who quite is going or stay so I can't give you a detailed description of what to expect.

Edit: Sig's description is not accurate, they did in fact bring 95% of their claimers with them.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

To clear up what Dbd said. The LS drama occured between people who were leaving, going to Lakshmi, and people who were staying on Alexander. Given that dynamic it is unlikely that said drama will cause an LS split since in essence it already did.

As to camping they are good about showing up at camps when they have the people to do it. Typically Endure had the people power to camp afternoons to late nights east coast time. With people having jobs and or school and not having a Japanese presence in the shell morning hours tended to not be feasible. Basically expect them to show up for NA time ground pops as windows get earlier and earlier expect to not see them as much till it comes back around.

In regards to claiming they did take the majority of people who could claim on Alexander with them. In their opinion they did significant research on Laskshmi and feel they will see a significant increase in claims. Only time will tell if that is true or not.

Generally speaking Dbd should be viewed as an instigator, and anything he says about people/shells on Alexander taken with a grain of salt. I have no doubt the group that went will be able to kill what they claim.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Shin- While they may have moved with a decent amount of people, the people that claimed the random mobs they got were Bina & Katalyn. Both of them stayed on Alexander.

As far as doing research about the transfer, I don't think it was that great of a researcher when Lakshmi already has 2 LS that dominate the claims to the best of my knowledge.

Either way, They will show up during NA times and get a few random claims, but in the long haul they won't change the HNM scene in any way.

I'll be frank, their strength lies in the fact that they've remained a solid core of players who can build. That however is also their weakness. It had always been a problem of ours (when I was lead and a member) to build on the core because alexander lacked alot of quality players.

This group, the few I know are a group of 8 or so solid players who know the game, and while may not be perfect at their jobs, know what to do. That being said, they're a pretty civil group of people and as such wont be a disruptive force but will claim.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by siggy
    They will be botting, but they left some of their best claimers on Alexander so don't expect massive loss of claims.

They have some pretty cool people that will be missed (Hierony & Badjuujuu) and some people that we wont miss.

Hier and Badj aren't going anywhere.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

One of the reasons given that Lakshmi appeared to be a good choice of servers to move to was that it appeared there were two linkshells that got the majority of the claims. Of these two linkshells one always appeared to be in danger of wiping. It seems like that was an accurate assessment.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Katalyn
    One of the reasons given that Lakshmi appeared to be a good choice of servers to move to was that it appeared there were two linkshells that got the majority of the claims. Of these two linkshells one always appeared to be in danger of wiping. It seems like that was an accurate assessment.
    Whoever does your "research" should try to be more observant then. Dojo's pretty bad yes, but the other linkshells that camp kings regularly are more than able to claim/kill them, barring some random mishap that all shells have happen from time to time. We had a sloppy Fafnir last week during EU primetime, for instance ... and other shells occasionally slip and let a GoH/Fulm through. Wipes are pretty rare though. But hey, if you're willing to camp among 200+ other people for a shot at Fafnir, by all means, c'mon over.

Chirho

It seems like that was an accurate assessment.
    They doing well over there? I'm not in contact with anyone and am not going to be going back into their vent channel to find out.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

My post got deleted it seems.

They are a below average linkshell with below average players, with average gear. Most of them use FFXI App, but then again most of them use it incorrectly.

So yeah, you have little to fear.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I've been chatting with a few of them. It seems they go their first claim, NQ Behemoth so nothing special. I also heard something about a four hour Cerberus with two hours of it at 29%. It really is too early to judge how right or wrong they were. It all depends on how many and how concentrated the bots on Lakshmi are. What was said is that of the two linkshells that get most the claims one is not so good. Posts here seem to confirm that.

Matrix is an old Infusion member who no longer plays FFXI and for some reason has an axe to grind even though the linkshell went out on a limb for him numerous times. It is sad in a funny way.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Matrix is an old Infusion member who no longer plays FFXI and for some reason has an axe to grind even though the linkshell went out on a limb for him numerous times. It is sad in a funny way.
    also a former Finale Member, Nothing More than a Troll these days.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ruch

I was on alexander for FOUR more years than you, I was member of the BC requested linkshell for most of my FFXI career (in the linkshell for about a year and a half).

THE OP SIMPLY ASKED FOR INPUT ABOUT THE PLAYERS AND LINKSHELL. I provided.

Christ alexander is so dramatic lol. Someone asks for a background check and they get all this shit.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruch

I was on alexander for FOUR more years than you, I was member of the BC requested linkshell for most of my FFXI career (in the linkshell for about a year and a half).

THE OP SIMPLY ASKED FOR INPUT ABOUT THE PLAYERS AND LINKSHELL. I provided.

Christ alexander is so dramatic lol. Someone asks for a background check and they get all this shit.
    The shell that took you in when no one else would. The shell that took you back not once after admitedly kicking you for joining the Dynamis shell of what at that point was probably the most hated HNMLS on the server, but twice after you joined a rival HNMS, Finale. The shell that gave you a Hauteclaire that by LS rules you shouldn't have even been able to lot. The shell you go out of your way to insult when ever the chance arises.

You post your opinion. Others post information about you so your opinions can be weighed appropriately. Both are fair posts.

Use Blink like its Ichi
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shifer Shifter
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Really did want to avoid posting anything in this topic (for several reasons) but really if you want the good input from someone that was involved with this group/linkshell that had a good standing with most if not all of it's current member's then Shinzon and Katalyn's are the ones to consider.

If you're looking for input on it's performance and past from an outside sources then Elphaba and Sig's are the ones to go with.

I don't know if saying this in this post is going to cause it to get deleted or edited but if you're from Alexander and know the type of person and character that Matrix was, then you would know no one ever really took him serious. All he ever was good for from my experiences with him was constantly criticizing everyone's gear if it didn't make sense to him and going off about it on ad.org endlessly and then causing problems with random emoness over a bunch of dumbass issues.

The thing I don't get is why the hell this stupid sword thing was brought up probably just to argue but if anything it's just going to draw out the argument about it all over again. And, to think there's people that'll be reading this wondering why I'm not still around... issues like this were but a small part of it. Don't get me wrong the guys in this linkshell are all good guys if you'd take the chance to know them and they won't cause problems thinking they're better than you and be all in your face about it. I'm still in contact with them regularly.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

If your trying to say anyone that transferred there is a nickels worth of a good player, or that the Infusion/Endure/whatever they are is anything good, you're more fucked up than I am.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I brought up the sword thing because I was compiling a list of "kindness" the Omnipressence/Infusion shell line showed to Matrix. I wasn't attempting to rehash those events or create drama. I was just trying to emphasize my previous point about Matrix.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast