Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

FFXI update question.

I'm installing the game from scratch..... is there a way, to apply all the updates without having to actually download the files via POL?

I also have a complete backup of the FFXI folders, but everytime I install the game and replace the files for the backup files I will receive the error "POL cannot write to disk". Is there a something i'm missing on this?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    I'm installing the game from scratch..... is there a way, to apply all the updates without having to actually download the files via POL?

I also have a complete backup of the FFXI folders, but everytime I install the game and replace the files for the backup files I will receive the error "POL cannot write to disk". Is there a something i'm missing on this?
    You can do it this way, but FFXI will "check" all of the files before it starts up. If you placed the files correctly, it won't have to download any of them. There is a .bat file floating around on this forum of what regsvr32 commands need to be put into DOS for all of FFXI's dlls to be registered.