Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

How the hell do you manage this

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=569381
    This doesn't even show most of the stacks he/she has sold. He/she has sold like 50+ stacks in the last week and is totally dominating the market.

Re: How the hell do you manage this

Each stack of those is like 2k is/20k xp. Thats about an hour of a merit pty. Maybe he merits alot. A reasonably short xp/merit session usually nets 3-4k IS.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

While sort of on subject, how much XP is needed for 100 IS? 1kxp?

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    While sort of on subject, how much XP is needed for 100 IS? 1kxp?
    Correct

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I can't tell anything, from his history. But another theory could be he buys gold, mythril, or silver for cheap. Then he goes to Nashmau changes it to bronze stacks, profits?

this would be my guess. i used to turn gold to silver in nashmau and repost until the market was dried up by too many competitors undercutting until i was driven out of business.

Some people DO just have a ton of imperial standing, too =x

Quote Originally Posted by Afrohatch
    Some people DO just have a ton of imperial standing, too =x
    qft.

on my second char whose highest level is 65 I already have 45k IS from beseiged and exp.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm currently leveling SAM to 66, I think last night I have close to 80k IS.
    SAM is my 2nd job leveling in ToAU area. I have full merited my blu and most general merit with it, purchased perdu hanger (40k IS) and volunteer's brais (32k IS). Purchasing axe grip (20k IS), doing a few IS(3~4 times), sold some gold pieces (25~35 pieces) during its inflation period.

So, I don't see why it's impossible selling that much stack

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

before I bought my perdu hangar I had 170k IS, some ppl just exp alot.

I'm not saying its impossible but this person has sold well over 100k+ IS worth of coins in slighter under a week and our beseiged isnt even level 8 atm. We just recently lost the candy again for the 28th time (migard sucks) and on top of that it seems like he never runs out of coins, or atleast he hasnt run dry yet.

Edit: I guess I will just keep count of how many coins he sells before he runs out. If it goes over 200k~250k IS by next week then theres more to this then just xping alot.

I would have about 250k IS if not for buying two Perdu weapons, and I haven't joined an exp PT more than maybe 10 times in the last 6 months (not counting short ones for <20k exp). It doesn't seem too unreasonable to sell that much considering how long the ToA expansion has been out, someone could have just decided to liquedate their IS assets by easier means than spamming ISNMs.

Then, what another poster mentioned is also very likely... Could just be playing the AH by buying/converting.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geostigma
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=569381
    This doesn't even show most of the stacks he/she has sold. He/she has sold like 50+ stacks in the last week and is totally dominating the market.

Considering Gold equates to 50 bronze... it's a two to one relation..

Soooooooo..

Buying two gold = 16k
    and 99 Bronze = 18.5k
    ---------------------
    Profit of .... 2.5k

50+ X 2.5k = 125k+....

All for standing in front of a NPC and trading him... Can you do the zaldon trade of

/item Imp Bronze <t>
    /item Imp Silver <t>
    /Item Imp Mith <t>
    etc..

With further speculation with the average of 12 a day being sold..... it's not a ton of money... *unless* you are collecting from a group of people (RMT leveling)... or by liquidating purchased accounts.. (think buy account > Rip all the goods / IS / CQ etc) of it and convert to cash..

*IF* the exchange rate of Gold > Bronze goes negative than this is definately the case.. (Who would spend the time and money to convert a losing proposition of buying gold to turn into Bronze? Unless you "paid" for the IS points w/ RL dollars OR it's someone converting thier 100k IS in one big blow out).

We could further our speculation and take a look at all servers, since its easy to make an account on one and transfer to another.. Which we know RMT have done in the past.. So do you load up on Valefor or Diabolos of buying 6k Golds (12k a stack of bronze) and move them to pande where you can collect 25k for your 99bronze for just npc trading as well?