Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: INT for RDM     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

INT for RDM

The short version of my question is: MP aside, is there any reason to keep my river gaiters (35 mp, 4int/mnd) when I have Yigit Crackows (3int/mnd) for rdm? A friend of mine just quit and gave me his mahatma feet (6mnd), and I don't know if there's anything rdm really wants int for besides nuking -- and 3int/2mab on yigit, or better yet the 4mab on af2 will be better for that.
    Poison? Gravity?

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Poison is a set DoT. INT is good for Blind proc (but you'll never cast Blind), nukes, and elemental debuffs (Burn, frost, etc.) Gravity is a static debuff (fixed evasion and movement reduction), it's best to stack enfeebling skill and magic accuracy when casting it to reduce full and partial resists.

Otherwise, you're not getting much from INT. Use the Mahatma Pigaches.

New Merits
    BG Level

As far as I know INT is a modifier on Bind and Blind, please correct me if I'm wrong here. But yeah, the short answer is no, INT is pretty useless for RDM.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Sady
    As far as I know INT is a modifier on Bind and Blind, please correct me if I'm wrong here. But yeah, the short answer is no, INT is pretty useless for RDM.
    Bind is also a static debuff. If you're aiming to try and extend the duration, its usually best to cast it in full skill/m.acc to reduce resistance, but Bind's normal duration is pretty irregular anyway (not nearly as reliable as Shadowbind).

I'd keep them just for Convert MP setup, but not sure how your balance of HP/MP is as a mithra. Beside that, AF2 Feet, would be better than Yigit and RSE2 for nuking or enfeebling.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Bind is also a static debuff. If you're aiming to try and extend the duration, its usually best to cast it in full skill/m.acc to reduce resistance, but Bind's normal duration is pretty irregular anyway (not nearly as reliable as Shadowbind).
    You're sure? I agree that Bind can be extremely random so it's hard to tell. Reguardless, bind shouldn't be something you cast frequently during raids and in a solo situation accuracy is much more important then potentcy anyways so either way it's trivial.

I agree with Lylie, River gaiters own for vert onry, beyond that I use duelist's boots (+1) pretty much full time.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You're sure? I agree that Bind can be extremely random so it's hard to tell. Reguardless, bind shouldn't be something you cast frequently during raids and in a solo situation accuracy is much more important then potentcy anyways so either way it's trivial.
    Durations on enfeebling magic are random, and INT won't cause a mob to become "more bound" than it already is if you cast Bind.

The question you're looking for is number 3.
    Perhaps Sage Sundi does know something after all.

So yea, that Mithra RSE is only good as a Convert piece honestly.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Haha, yeah, last spell I cast if the mob has more than 15% hp left and I'm doing fine on mp.
    I don't cast blind very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    I'd keep them just for Convert MP setup, but not sure how your balance of HP/MP is as a mithra. Beside that, AF2 Feet, would be better than Yigit and RSE2 for nuking or enfeebling.
    My convert could be better, but I think inventory+1 and a million gil really outweighs 10 more mp.
    I'll keep wearing the mahatma for general enfeebling; eventually someday I'll get af2 but until then the int/mab on yigit should be fine (when do I nuke anyway? oh, right, I don't, that's why I have blm levelled).

Thanks for confirming my speculations, I think the mil I'll get for selling them now is probably worth more than the 5m I paid for them during the inflation.

edit: oh snap unlocked PUP! also, question answered, feel free to lock.

Personally I have come to believe loading up on INT makes your Black Magic enfeebles less likely to wear early whether it be Blind/Bind/Gravity/etc.

Jehryn? What do you mean by Blind proc? I believe the word you are looking for is potency? Blind doesn't proc like Paralyze does. There is reason to load up on the INT the same way you would load up on the MND for your White Magic enfeebles (Slow/Paralyze/etc.)

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Personally I have come to believe loading up on INT makes your Black Magic enfeebles less likely to wear early whether it be Blind/Bind/Gravity/etc.
    Basically means enhancing the accuracy of your enfeebling magic, which is more or less accepted, but we know skill and magic accuracy is better than loading up on INT/MND when it comes to spell accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Jehryn? What do you mean by Blind proc? I believe the word you are looking for is potency? Blind doesn't proc like Paralyze does. There is reason to load up on the INT the same way you would load up on the MND for your White Magic enfeebles (Slow/Paralyze/etc.)
    Well, "potency" is a hard word to use when it comes to enfeebling magic. Elemental staves, for instance, add "potency" to their matching element and yet it seems to have absolutely no effect on the strength of enfeebling magic (Terra's won't add Slow%, Aquilo's won't make Paralyze absorb more attacks, etc.).

I guess I would say "proc" in the same way I say Slow or Paralyze "proc". Slow proc meaning Slow%, Paralyze proc meaning attack interruption %, Blind proc meaning accuracy down %.

EDIT: More or less, replace the word "proc" with "enfeebling potency" if my using the word makes you feel uncomfortable.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Basically means enhancing the accuracy of your enfeebling magic, which is more or less accepted, but we know skill and magic accuracy is better than loading up on INT/MND when it comes to spell accuracy.
    Of course, unless you have Nashira feet, there is no Enfeebling Skill or Mag Acc gear for the feet, and you're stuck with INT/MND. You're not going to notice one more INT from the River though.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ambir
    Of course, unless you have Nashira feet, there is no Enfeebling Skill or Mag Acc gear for the feet, and you're stuck with INT/MND. You're not going to notice one more INT from the River though.
    Maybe I will. But not as much as I'll notice a million gil :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Mahatma for MND. Duelist's for MAB nuking.

If you have the space, time, and patience, and if that extra 10 MP is really important to you, keep the Gaiters. I'm a Mithra and I got rid of mine because I needed the cash.

The end.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Mahatma for MND. Duelist's for MAB nuking.

If you have the space, time, and patience, and if that extra 10 MP is really important to you, keep the Gaiters. I'm a Mithra and I got rid of mine because I needed the cash.

The end.
    zenith pumps for eveything but taru anyways for vert

max MND ftw.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

sure +skill and +macc is greater than all.....

but hey, do me a favor ok? Get me a pair of those +enfeebling magic feet! :D

The only other option outside of slamming more +stat on your feet would be nashira for a microscopic bit of Macc when it comes to enfeebles, and honestly, I'd probably still stick with +INT on poison, blind, gravity, sleep, and bind. Might not do anything, might do something, but I know I'm not hurting my cause and there really isn't much better out there.

If I were mithra I'd kill for river gaiters, however, if you have mahatma pigaches for MND enfeebles and are looking to liquidate those river gaiters (which I'd only do if I could hit 1:1 convert ratio without them) sell them and pick up some good ole fashioned wise pigaches. Same +4 INT on them, albeit no MP.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Poison is a set DoT..
    Thought I read something recently on this forum saying damage could be increased with enfeebling skill.. was that wrong?

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    Poison is a set DoT..
    Thought I read something recently on this forum saying damage could be increased with enfeebling skill.. was that wrong?
    Yes.

Bio's DoT is enhanced by dark skill, and the elemental debuff DoTs are effected by either INT or elemental skill (not sure which).