Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Corsair questions...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Some Corsair questions...

My cor is 66, and it's closing in on the final stretch, I had a few questions about COR.

1) Joytoy vs M-kris.
    I currently have m-kris. I don't have a desire to dual wield in serious situations (/rng or /war for merits...), but is joytoy better than Kris *overall*? Kris has the acc advantage and hit advantage, but base 8 vs base 35 dmg.

2) Martial Gun vs Coffinmaker
    Which gun is better overall? Coffinmaker or Martial gun?

3) /war vs /rng
    Any decisive on which would be better for merit situations? Or is it simple preference? I've enjoyed both, currently /rng for exp situations.

Banned.

BG Level

Joytoy
    either
    either

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tulun View Post
    My cor is 66, and it's closing in on the final stretch, I had a few questions about COR.

1) Joytoy vs M-kris.
    I currently have m-kris. I don't have a desire to dual wield in serious situations (/rng or /war for merits...), but is joytoy better than Kris *overall*? Kris has the acc advantage and hit advantage, but base 8 vs base 35 dmg.

2) Martial Gun vs Coffinmaker
    Which gun is better overall? Coffinmaker or Martial gun?

3) /war vs /rng
    Any decisive on which would be better for merit situations? Or is it simple preference? I've enjoyed both, currently /rng for exp situations.
    I prefer Joyeuse, but that is mostly because I have full Sword merits from RDM. M.Kris base D is a bit low for my liking, not a lot of people care but DoT from regular swings still matter to me. Kris is probably slightly faster TP though.

I always reccomend Martial over Coffinmaker, the accuracy boost from CM is not noticeably better than that TP bonus on Slug from Martial, and the boost to Detonator from Martial is just too nice to give up. Detonator is a largely underrated WS when used with Martial in my opinion, especially on higher end mobs where you will have relatively low RAtk.

As far as subs, I myself prefer /WAR for the pretty numbers, but it's a very preference call. Especially vs. birds /RNG gives you a slight bit of leeway when you're out of Sushi, generally for XP situations I would consider it a better overall sub. That said, merits are typically about killing shit ASAP, and Berserk goes a very long way on your WS damage.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I personally think that a Cor shouldn't be using a joytoy and should just be shooting and helping pull / sleep.

Has /BG/ Had the argument of Joytoy Cor Vs. Shoot onry Cor?

Missing buffs, helping claim baww baww baww

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Pulling is a BRD's job, and shooting for TP vs. Joy/Kris TP -> WS can be comparable damage, but not enough to warrant the massive gil dump when TPing with a mulihit then unloading a Slug can crank out very nice numbers. You don't have to be disengaged to help sleep things, if you're smart you have a <stnpc> Light Shot macro.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Early on in the life-cycle of Corsair, I used to make COR/RDM/DD/DD/DD/DD PTs. In my timezone, it was often difficult to find bards for Merit parties, so I took the job for myself - the role of buffing and fishing.
    Pulling on Corsair is extremely easy, and very good fun. With Ninja subjob, Peacemaker, quick draw merits and some nice haste gear, it is easy to become extremely efficient: Pulling is quicker on Corsair, and less time ( on average ) is spent buffing the party than with most Bards. Even when you keep 4 rolls up at all times, it's easy to infinichain, and occasionally drop your TP on the mobs.

If you're not fishing, there's no real reason not to go DD/Support all the way. If you don't have a joyeuse, you may as well spam bullets, but if you do, go the DD route, but keep rolls up at all times. You can help sleep stuff if need be, but Quick Draw is a strong damage tool in itself.
    If your healer cannot keep MP up, or needs help curing, or your fisherman cannot pull safely or quickly enough, well, something is being done wrong. :/

That being said, I would only ever pull if there was no Bard or 2nd Corsair in the party. If there was, then i'll be there, waving my blue rapier around.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

That's my main issue with it, yeah Peacemaker pulling works fine, but you literally give up all of your DD potential for it, and COR fills a DD spot just fine. I could see if there was no BRD available, but for me if there's no BRD I just don't merit and find something else to do for a bit, or I go as BRD, lol. Especially with the advent of /SCH I don't even need to cycle in backline rolls most times unless people take a few too many hits in a short amount of time...usually it's just 2 DD rolls or DD + COR where applicable.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

No such thing as a merit party without a brd.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hosom View Post
    No such thing as a merit party without a brd.
    Honestly I haven't been the fisherman for a long time now. This was back before WOTG, and when Ramuh failed for EU timezone merit parties, so i'd gather a few DDs from various HNMLS and have a party in empty camps!
    It became more fun when 'competition' came around. Many people learned the definition of 'Quick draw' back then. ^-^)v

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    You don't have to be disengaged to help sleep things, if you're smart you have a <stnpc> Light Shot macro.
    ^

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Joytoy, Martial, /rng for merits

And lol @ pulling in merits. Get a bard, or 2 bards. A good COR can outparse an AH DD.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Joytoy, Martial, /rng for merits

And lol @ pulling in merits. Get a bard, or 2 bards. A good COR can outparse an AH DD.
    This pretty much sums up the thread. That and the /ja "Light Shot" <stnpc> thing.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Brd and a Cor go so well together in a meripo~ Cor can give the chaos/warriors roll and brd can give double march win/win, Brd's usually don't have a problem pulling by themselfs but the Cor makes for a nice link control ~~ And .. I seriously doubt a Cor can out-DD an AH gimp unless they're using something really stupid.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I definitely can outdamage the 700-a-pop Raging Rushes and shit that I've been seeing out of the gimp WARs I keep ending up with in parties as BRD, lol.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Eh, it's really not that hard to parse well against non-pimped DDs, especially against slashing jobs on birds

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

lol...where'd that SCH's melee damage come from?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

>.> How do you do a 700 RR
    the lowest I've seen is 800-900 and thats when they hit for low

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Think they were fucking around for a few since we had a PL >.>

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vyerz View Post
    >.> How do you do a 700 RR
    the lowest I've seen is 800-900 and thats when they hit for low
    You should see the WARs I keep ending up with lately...shit like using Dagger/Axe, Axe/Fransisca, AF Hands, Relic Hands, Relic+1 Hands, breaking Sturdy Axe latent in party, E.Heads for TP, all kinds of wacky shit. I hate doing pickup meripos but I still need 12k IS for Lt.'s Sash and with RDM/BRD/COR I don't typically lfg long...but this is more a story for Media Center, lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

How great is the difference between toy/kris?

I will likely attempt to get Joytoy when I can, but effort doesn't always produce results

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast