Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: lolBLU TP gear question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

lolBLU TP gear question

My friend and I are having a bit of an argument, would like to see some people chime in:

My friend says Homam Corazza > Mirage Jubbah for TP, while I say vice-versa. The argument is +15 Accuracy/+3.5% Triple Attack (hit more often, TA, faster TP) vs +10 Accuracy + Refresh effect for TP (Hit slightly less, +a ton of MP over the course of an hour).

Assume both players are well geared, 8/8 sword, suppa, homam, accuracy bonus trait, sushi, etc. Ideas/suggestions?

and the traveler
    BG Level

you answered your question yourself.

My friend says Homam Corazza > Mirage Jubbah for TP, while I say vice-versa. The argument is +15 Accuracy/+3.5% Triple Attack (hit more often, TA, faster TP) vs +10 Accuracy + Refresh effect for TP (Hit slightly less, +a ton of MP over the course of an hour).
    you probably meant which is more effective, but in that case, lolblu

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I was under the impression the triple attack on Homam wasn't nearly 3.5%, but closer to 1 or 2%.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Personally, I'd use the Mirage Jubbah because of Refresh AND Accuracy. Using Homam Corazza until that day it drops though >>

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Personally while Homam will give faster TP, Mirage will help keep you casting spells (where a bulk of damage comes from, and hence will benefit the party more imo)

But if you get a Morrigan's the Mirage isn't as useful unless you really need that 5 acc.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Gonna go out on a limb here and say " shit is situational"

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Jubah > it because of the fact it still has high acc no matter how you look at it, and gives you auto refresh.

Triple attack is barely noticable on blu, the extra 5 acc isn't a big issue either if you have set an acc bonus trait or have other gear to make up for it, because you sure as hell don't have other gear slots that gives you refresh+acc.

I have both but will stick with morri since it's one less item I'm carrying around / blinking in and out of.

BG Level

That being said. Me personally depends where I am and what I'm doing. Usually in most things I'm stuck doing on blu I just TP in homam cast and WS in Morrigans. Birds/lurkers/etc the same. Every day use and fights lasting longer then 20 mins, then I'd say jub/morr > homam in the long run.

Don't have the Jubbah, but If I did, I would use it over Homam Corazza for TP. The occasional triple attack is nice, and 5 accuracy is worth losing for the Auto Refresh imo.

Homam if you're absolutely sure you won't run out of MP at some point and against evasive things.
    Mirage and Morrigan are more or less equal and generally a better choice than corazza.

Since we're in topic, has anyone bothered about a meat build on BLU?
    While attack does absolutely nothing for spells I'm curious to see to what level the melee side of the job can be pushed to.
    BLU does get quite a lot of accuracy thanks to Homam set, Accuracy Bonus trait, Suppa, Perdu Hanger and Fragarach.
    The last few updates brought few new toys as well (Chucuilainn(sp) Cape, Mirage Jubbah(+1), Mirage Mantle).

An ideal setup would grant somewhere around +66 accuracy and +5 skill from gear, plus 10 accuracy from trait and a few points of DEX from spells.
    Is that enough to try? (not talking about merit parties, just in general)

Edit: That includes capped sword merits too of course

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Jubbah, would use Morrigan's if I had it but Macha's Coat doesn't exist and all that jazz

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have 3 TP macros, a TPAcc, TPHaste, and TPRefresh(and will have runspeed on it when i get crimson legs~)

TPAcc is different in that it has optical instead of walaloo turban (TPHaste)
    TPRefresh currently TPs in yigit (i run around in it on low mp)

When i get jubbah, TPAcc will have the optical and homam corazza, and TPHaste will have my jubbah and walaloo on. TPRefresh will turn into "Crimson" for runspeed

(oh yeah, I think out my macros this far ahead )

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

In the Mirage Jubbah vs Morrigan's Robe, can someone explain to me how +8 STR +5 Attack (and the 4 Attack from the STR) can outweigh the extra +5 Acc from the Jubbah? Math wise, because i've had a lot of people tell me the other piece was better. I'm personally leaning towards Jubbah, I have both tho.

BG Level

Purely from a TP point it doesn't. But as a functional space saver, can just use morrigans for spells/TP/Refresh/andpuresexiness if acc ain'
    t an issue

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

5 attack / 8str(which is 4 attack on sword weilder which is a total of 9 attack) is good for damage purposes - so if you are going for damage on swings then it's not a bad item at all. However none of that matters the moment you whiff the monster, so it's advised to not use it unless you are somewhat "capped" on acc, or have high enough acc that 5 won't push you higher.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by shukuffxi View Post
    In the Mirage Jubbah vs Morrigan's Robe, can someone explain to me how +8 STR +5 Attack (and the 4 Attack from the STR) can outweigh the extra +5 Acc from the Jubbah? Math wise, because i've had a lot of people tell me the other piece was better. I'm personally leaning towards Jubbah, I have both tho.
    People who spend a lot of money need to use the item for their expenditure to feel justified

I, for example, spent 11m on a serene ring (when they were like 20m or something), and cant bring myself to ever sell it or equip, say, a trooper's ring I'd feel like I had wasted my money! *delusions*

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Homam if you're absolutely sure you won't run out of MP at some point and against evasive things.
    Mirage and Morrigan are more or less equal and generally a better choice than corazza.

Since we're in topic, has anyone bothered about a meat build on BLU?
    While attack does absolutely nothing for spells I'm curious to see to what level the melee side of the job can be pushed to.
    BLU does get quite a lot of accuracy thanks to Homam set, Accuracy Bonus trait, Suppa, Perdu Hanger and Fragarach.
    The last few updates brought few new toys as well (Chucuilainn(sp) Cape, Mirage Jubbah(+1), Mirage Mantle).

An ideal setup would grant somewhere around +66 accuracy and +5 skill from gear, plus 10 accuracy from trait and a few points of DEX from spells.
    Is that enough to try? (not talking about merit parties, just in general)

Edit: That includes capped sword merits too of course
    When I'm being cheap and just feel like using kabobs on say, birds, hitrate is still not that bad. The main drawback is having to retool your spell gear with a lot more acc and you do less damage with that. I don't really think it is worth it, but you do get some nice vorpals out of it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by shukuffxi View Post
    Blu tends to use sushi, and it's pretty easy to end up capping acc in most situations you would be meleeing. Blu STR/ATK for melee on the other hand tends to be very low in TP gear, so they're very welcome stats on morrigan's. I guess you could carry around the jubbah just for super evasive mobs or something, but personally if I had both, I would just throw the jubbah on a mannequin and never bother, not really worth the effort or the inventory space.

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

I sort of see the Jubbah as a happy medium between Homam and Morrigans, Morrigan's stays on my regardless because i'm gonna use it in several WS, and Homam stays at home a good chunk of the time, unless I know i'll be fighting something evasive.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Morrigan's -> For Mamool camp
    Corazza -> For bird camp and you have adequate gear requirement for meat build.
    Jubbah -> If you think that that 1 extra disseverment for every 3 minutes 18 seconds worth more than 5 accuracy and 1.5% triple attack chance. I personally don't think so. But maybe not so true if it's Colibri and you have excellent big3 setup.