Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Up in Arms - RDM Solo Video?

An LS mate mentioned a couple months ago he saw a video of a rdm successfully soloing up in arms BCNM CS nuking in the beginning, then nuke/sleep/gravity soloing the rest of the kraken. I tried searching BG, and also searched youtube. The only RDM solo video I found was a NQ rdm who uses no macros or gear swaps and got completely smoked. Also posted in Randomer Questions thread but no response. So started a new post. Thanks in advance!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I actually know what you're talking about, but it's not on youtube. There was a couple videos of a Garka THF soloing all kinds of shit on the same site. It looked like DivX Studio 6 or whatever they call it, but the videos were labled in Japanese, so I don't even know if you could properly search for em.

But if anyone knows what the hell I am talkign about, its a Galka thief that soloes a bunch of different ENM and KSNM30's, specifically the buffalo ENM and the Morlboro KSNM30.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

That was stage6, it got taken down a while ago. He solo'd Fenrir was the big thing iirc.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Crap it looks liek Stage 6 no longer exists D:

Edit: Beaten and din't mean to post, meant to edit mine...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, I think the strat was bind and dots, but I am pretty sure he opened up with Chainspell thunderII? Took down as far as possible and just standard bind/dotted it with some nooks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well, I know the strat. Yeah, he opened with Grav ~> Chainspell Thunder 2 ~> Convert ~> Drain all HP back then Bind/DoT/Nuke. He slept after Chainspell wore and rested to full, then standard DoT/Nuke kiting. I would reccomend RDM/SCH for this, as the MP saved is great.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    Well, I know the strat. Yeah, he opened with Grav ~> Chainspell Thunder 2 ~> Convert ~> Drain all HP back then Bind/DoT/Nuke. He slept after Chainspell wore and rested to full, then standard DoT/Nuke kiting. I would reccomend RDM/SCH for this, as the MP saved is great.
    i remember that guy, hume jp rdm that wore vermy lol... he had quite a few videos on stage6

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I thought it was Amunatras or something to that effect?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I was hoping to watch to get an idea of whether it was an easy solo, or tough.

Open with Chainspell, Gravity, Thunder II spam, into a Convert, followed by Thunder II until you have ~150 MP left. Stick a round of Poison/Bio on him, and kite him back and forth. After the initial wave of DoT wear off, and you begin nearing your Convert timer, toss a SleepII on him and run to the other end of the BC. You should be able to rest for a few hundred MP. Use that sparingly to nuke until Convert is ready, and then finish him off. The biggest thing is to get started as fast as humanly possible, because the longer you wait for the initial Convert, the less time you have at the end to pop a new Convert and finish him off. I recommend RDM/SCH if you have it, as he's pretty easy to sleep/kite.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I just realized duh my 100 leather crafting mule is also a 75 rdm lol. So I'm thinking I'll dual box BLM + RDM it. I'll just Flare it from my main which does about 930 dmg, sleep it, Freeze it, sleep it, and then heal up mps while holding it with the rdm. 2x AMI's takes it to about 75%, so should be quite simple to dual box using AM sleep nukes.

Bah just remembered the time limit on the BC is 15 minutes. I wonder if I'd time out that way, may have to manafont or CS it ftw.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

there was a solo rdm video of this on google idk link tho

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Amunaptra's LJ - xNM Guide - Part II (BLM solo)
    The BLM solo guide is on there. I didn't see one in his RDM solo section.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I downloaded the video some time ago and tried this a few times. Basically the fight goes like this:

Enter, buffs etc.
    ES-bind, then burn+choke+shock+poison2+gravity
    Bio2->bind wears->CS->thunder2 spam->convert ->drain spam
    Bind again once you reached the dead end.
    Keep gravity, poison and bio on at all times and use drain whenever its up.

When you're getting low on mp stop bio and poison and let them wear then ES sleep2 (ES should be up again). Rest mp and/or convert and finish it in a couple of nukes or so.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Thanks Stewie and others for your input. I'm silly, I used that BLM's site a week or few ago for the pudding ISNM solo and guess I didn't notice up in arms.

I'd like to see that solo vid

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

^

yotevol

I have been leveling my RDM steadily because of stuff like this.
    As I have been researching, RDM is one of most seriously versitile jobs in the games.
    That being said, some people still don't understand HOW versitile.

I remember watching a guy on my server (Asura) named Eripme.

He went into Ballista as a 75RDM/37PLD.
    There were 3 guys that were making fun of him, including a 75THF with evasion gear and a 75SAM (before DNC came out).

Eripme killed all 3 of them. Not 1 on 1, he killed them 3 on 1.
    It was close, but think about it- he took on 3 people and won.

As you can imagine, I was impressed.
    So, now I am leveling RDM and I will try and huge amount of different subjobs and see how versitile I can make it as well!

~Yotevol

RDM is extremely broken in ballista, there is no nerf for the amount of damage phalanx reduces, but there is a nerf to melee damage / ws damage. It gives RDM an unfair advantage, even when they don't need it being a mage job with good defenses.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Not to mention they can get like -25% dmg taken really easily and 800+ defense with prot4,Cocoon and def food. Throw up Phalanx and Ice Spikes=Unkillable, then bring a joyeuse or justice sword and rape shit. If ppl run cast Blastbomb= 2 sec cast Bindga.