Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

P.S.A. Regarding Xarcabard Campaign

Saying that Xarcabard is a dangerous place to do campaign is pretty euphemistic. Between the true sight Imps and the Amphitere, some poor bastard is going to bite the dust on the way to the fort. Worse, the Amphitere typically starts a chain reaction where people can wind up MPKing the rest of the players without even trying. (This is pretty hilarious but only the first few times) The Amphitere itself isn't terribly difficult, but it takes a while to kill and is just not practical to off it every time you go out to a battle.

I noticed that so far players tend to hug the south cliff walls for dear life. The field between the C.A. and the fort are full of imps and demons and lie within the NM's flyover path so it seems like the natural thing to do.

However I think there's a better option. Just SouthWest of the fort is a nice big open space out of range of all non-campaign enemies. In fact the entire length of the tunnels are empty. Fighting there means the only time you need to watch for aggro is when you go to pull a new mob. Even better there's enough space to leave room for Dahak's AoE attacks, kite, or rest while weakened.

http://i29.tinypic.com/295zijd.jpg

Perhaps that will make Campaign in Xarc slightly less miserable. I'm curious if anyone else has other ideas.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I tried to get to your safe white area today, but there were three Ruly Imps right in front of it. I also managed to aggro two Amphiteres running back to the C.A. today >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Zone is EVIL

Useful Contribution: The dragons seem to fly over the CA as well.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    Zone is EVIL

Useful Contribution: The dragons seem to fly over the CA as well.
    One definitely does.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I tried to get to your safe white area today, but there were three Ruly Imps right in front of it. I also managed to aggro two Amphiteres running back to the C.A. today >_>
    Yeah there's an imp that flies a ways off the cliff wall, but it seems to always leave buffer space to sneak by. And given that there's pretty much aggro left right and center everywhere else it seems like a negligible risk. My only concern is winding up dead without reraise and having no one nearby to raise.

On another note, the Dahak campaign mobs don't seem as hardcore as their higher level AU counterparts. It's important not to keep yourself loaded with buffs in case of Nullsong. I made the mistake of thinking I could get away with having full buffs for a while before I cancelled them when Nullsong destroyed me. Now I pretty much just use Stoneskin and Refresh. I think they can be silenced to avoid Nullsong but I'm not sure if ensuring Body Slam or more Petro Eyes is a good alternative.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

An interesting note is I've seen Freelances take part in Xarcabard campaigns with attackers of a nation other than their own. For instance, Kagetora is Windurst allied on Bahamut, yet I saw him attacking with Maximillian's squad today. Windurst was never in Xarcabard. Another thing is, the Freelances will not leave a battle if another unit shows up and the one they come out with retreats; I have seen Areuhat deploy to Beaucedine w/ Scorpion Casters, but after they retreat she stays. These seems like an explanation for Kagetora, but like I said, I was there from start to finish of that Campaign and Windurst was NEVER deployed.

And yes, the Dahaks are not terrible, but Body Slam is nasty and Petro Eyes destroys NPCs.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If the dragons move like UFOs, can you train them all to one spot? Or do they draw in?

Thorshammer

no draw in so far i know... but incoming emergency maintenance

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I doubt it'll happen but I really hope this maint moves mob placement at Xarc >_>

If anything they'll correct those weird glitched Amphiteres that don't aggro

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

http://i44.tinypic.com/5ag9s3.jpg

AMPHITERES IS SOME BULLSHI'!!

Was soloing Gigas Pets for a magian trial when an Amphitere landed on me while I'm standing right next to the C.A NPC. So apparantly it is possible, although rare, that it can aggro right by the warp-in spot at the NPC.

Square-Enix, most incompetent gaming company ever, or most incompetent gaming company ever? You be the judge.

"Working as intended."

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Hay they fixed that dragon months back!

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you really care about your XP buffer, never go to Xarc[S] without Sigil-XP Loss bonus, that shit is a life-saver. Did a couple campaigns today, and holy fuck the Greater Ampy just bulldozed through us all. No fucking way to dodge aggro on them as it just comes out of nowhere from what seemed like a mile away. Makes UFO absolute pansies in comparison.