Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Shuriken Setup     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Kyrogu

Ninja Shuriken Setup

recently capped throwing to look into some stuff about nin throwing damage.

any1 know of, think of, or have ss's of what gear really pushes the opportunity for shurikens?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Stellar Earring skill +1
    Hurling Belt skill +5
    Ninja Tekko skill +5
    Ninja Tekko +1 skill +5
    War Shinobi Gi skill +10
    War Shinobi Gi +1 skill +12

that is all of the gear that nin can wear (other than the targe for /sam) that a nin can use for throwing skill i believe...if not its a start

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

It'd probably be similar to a RNG's TP set. Racc/Ratt/STR to cap then Ratt/STR where ever you can fit it. Then when you WS, use your normal WS set if you give up the Vulcan Staff+Grip or Racc weapons in favor of katans for WS. Something like this maybe? I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything, I could be way off.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ditch the idea of vulcan staff right off the bat unless you never plan on using your TP. There are no throwing weaponskills so your gonna want to keep your katanas for tp usage.

When I first got Sange I started to build a racc/ratt set up. Was fun for about a week. You start spamming shuriken and every miss makes you cringe at all that gil your tossing down the toilet. The ones your generally going to want to throw have darksteel sheet in the recipe.

What got me to give it up is the loss of stats. Shurikens you throw don't have any stats on them. Sure theres a few with stats but those arent really meant for throwing ie. Nokizaru Shuriken. No fire bomblet for acc/att, no ungur boomerang for eva set ups, no bomb core for straight up attack, you get the picture.

Don't get me wrong, if you wanna spend the gil on shurikens and spam them don't let me stop you.

I can comment on a few pieces of gear though. Ninja tekko +1 are great. str+6, racc+20, ratt+20, throwing skill+5. War shinobi gi has throwing skill +10 and some agi to help with racc. It also has -2 str which isn't that great.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Throwing is awful at 75, even with the optimal set up. I can't think of any practical reason for why you'd want this.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Sange to spike some hate once every its cooldown ... that's all, assuming you are co-tank ing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Throwing is awful at 75, even with the optimal set up. I can't think of any practical reason for why you'd want this.
    To blow all your gil within 30 minutes.

Dark ixion maybe
    ?

or to land god wind I guess.

If you seriously pimp out your throwing gear NIN can chuck for some really nice DoT, unfortunately the only shuriken that are worth throwing and aren't absurdly expensive are Manji shuriken with 63 dmg 192 delay.

They only cost 50k a stack too! (T2 synth, so you can cut your cost by 25% on average depending on luck).

In general it's only useful for a pet project or if you really wanna show off when fighting things you can't melee. It may make more sense to come on another job to DI, but you'll certainly be unique and look cool chucking shurikens like an old school FF NIN.

On anything that can be meleed, you'll obviously be better off meleeing.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Ligro View Post
    War Shinobi Gi
    I'd rather koga body for racc and ratk (and a somewhat decent tp'ing body if you're pulling katanas out, too) than war shinobi gi...

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Esvedium View Post
    I'd rather koga body for racc and ratk (and a somewhat decent tp'ing body if you're pulling katanas out, too) than war shinobi gi...
    Over 200 skill, won't 10 skill give you 9racc/9att? Then the 2AGI and -2STR would still put you ahead of 8racc/8ratt when uncapped Racc and tied when not. If you were meleeing, I don't see why you'd be bothering to throw at the same time. It's still a good body for being free, but a gi should be better.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

they will probly never add throwing weapon skills since god winds are DMG: 250

even a single hit 1.1 ftp ws with a 20% agi mod would do some killer damage with a 250 DMG weapon

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by konoko View Post

even a single hit 1.1 ftp ws with a 20% agi mod would do some killer damage with a 250 DMG weapon
    They could still add it, it's not like you can hold more than four at any on time. I see it more as laziness and/or one of hundreds of oversights on SE's behalf. After they caught onto the concept of NIN tanking, they pretty much forgot about Throwing Skill.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by konoko View Post

Slug Shot (with HF+1) is 5.0 fTP, 30% AGI mod, D123 weapon.

Throwing WS (even with god wind) is nothing to worry about.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yes but if they make one throwing ws, they need to make an entire set of them for people to use (because people would complain if they only got one) and since you wouldn't have any multi-hit ws's(no ranged ws is multi-hit).The only way SE could differentiate them would be Elemental ws's, and Ws's with higher FTP mods and Stat mods, or stat boosts

if they made a throwing slugwinder... God wind 250 DMG + 5.0 FTP, AGI 30%, (assuming they are piercing damage) Nin would have the perfect hate tool

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I thought Blast Shot was 1 hit <_< (despite animation and stuff)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

This was the build I was looking to do about 2 years ago for a shuriken set:
    MAIN/SUB: katanas or Fire Staff
    HEAD: Optical Hat
    NECK: Qiqirn Collar
    EAR:Minuet Earring
    EAR: Bushinomimi
    BODY: War Shinobi Gi
    HANDS: Ninja Tekko
    RING: Bowyer's Ring
    RING: Merman's Ring
    BACK: Psilos Mantle
    WAIST: Hurling Belt
    LEGS: Jaridah Salvars
    FEET: Bounding Boots

A good portion of that is outdated by now though and rest is still good. Fire staff would only be in special cases, like if you were planning to do a purely kited fight and can't afford to ws. However, if you were looking to do this for purely damage reasons in situations where you can melee, you'll be disappointed with how it performs...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I would mainhand a katana and offhand a knife with R.ACC if I'm going to use melee weaponskills.