Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

So let's take for instance...

A Dalmatica.

And, the two jobs that get the most use out of a dalmatica because they do not have AF or equip they can get in that slot with auto-refresh, are RDM and BRD.

So you have a point based linkshell, blah blah, if you can equip item on set main job, you can bid points on it is the rule.

Let's say you then have an officer in charge of the LS, that has more points than this RDM75/BRD75 and you have BLM/WHM75s and your RDM and BRD aren't being currently leveled, and you're doing a melee job instead.

Now, you're this officer, and even though you want this Dalmatica, should you pass it to this RDM/BRD that needs it, or keep it for yourself even though you have equipment in the same slot that does the same thing?

Yes, I'm being emo about it, shut up.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Re: So let's take for instance...

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    A Dalmatica.

And, the two jobs that get the most use out of a dalmatica because they do not have AF or equip they can get in that slot with auto-refresh, are RDM and BRD.

So you have a point based linkshell, blah blah, if you can equip item on set main job, you can bid points on it is the rule.

Let's say you then have an officer in charge of the LS, that has more points than this RDM75/BRD75 and you have BLM/WHM75s and your RDM and BRD aren't being currently leveled, and you're doing a melee job instead.

Now, you're this officer, and even though you want this Dalmatica, should you pass it to this RDM/BRD that needs it, or keep it for yourself even though you have equipment in the same slot that does the same thing?

yes, but no one will because it's a dalmatica.

it's like BRD or BST with osodes. "theres other pieces of gear near my level with far superior stats concerning me, but damn it it's the osode and I fucking want it!"

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon
    A Dalmatica.

and its geno so who gives a fuck? go complain about how much this game sucks some more.@Genofag

Old Merits
    BG Level

No, you're being a loot whore about it. Dalmatica is nothing but e peen for blm or whm.

edit: Well I see that you are rdm and brd, so you're not a loot whore if you are wanting the dalmatica and will use it on them. You're post isn't 100% clear.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by threevo
    A Dalmatica.

and its geno so who gives a fuck? go complain about how much this game sucks some more.
    ok brb

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

No, you're being a loot whore about it. Dalmatica is nothing but e peen for blm or whm.
    but but but, the magic def bonus gives me an extra hit on stoneskin!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It's hard to say. Personally, I believe someone deserve a loot more, and it should be common courtesy to pass the item to him. Older players, people who attend to event more than you, people who are pimping their 1st job versus people who are getting gear for a 3rd and 4th job...etc

Too bad most people fail at that and get greedy when loot drop.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

but but but, the magic def bonus gives me an extra hit on stoneskin!
    O.o' well only if you mean something like Hurricane wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    It's hard to say. Personally, I believe someone deserve a loot more, and it should be common courtesy to pass the item to him. Older players, people who attend to event more than you, people who are pimping their 1st job versus people who are getting gear for a 3rd and 4th job...etc

Too bad most people fail at that and get greedy when loot drop.
    Well, what's going on right now is this person with BLM and WHM75, and currently leveling a melee job, has a little bit more than 30% more points than I have. And wants to lot the next A.Body. Has Cleric's Brulait, Noble's, no BLM body though. But still.

This person's also an officer of the LS, and intends to lot it anyway, even though I have RDM, and BRD leveled, I have a decent amount of points and attend most events (except bullshit 3am-4am camps), and he doesn't care that it would benefit his linkshell more. He just wants it for his epeen. He says he's going to level RDM and BRD (lol) in the future, but at the rate he's leveling his other job right now, that's going to be months before they're finished.

Whatever. I don't fucking give a shit anymore. I'm so over it.

I think there are many factors, one being who are active members and actually help with stuff, who can use it the most efficiently like rdm or brd, and who has already received fat loot verses the blm or smn that comes to every event and only won A.Legs or some shit like that.

Dalmatica is a piece of shit anyway. What a joke compared to the E.Body and M.Body.

It does look sweet though.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

it's like BRD or BST with osodes. "theres other pieces of gear near my level with far superior stats concerning me, but damn it it's the osode and I fucking want it!"
    Other than Dalmatica (which is situational), what is better in non-Jeuno e-peen situations than Osode for BRD? If you answer Manteel it will prove my suspision that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Old Merits
    BG Level

ah I see now. It's that guy that's the loot whore, not you, Geno.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Lotting for something with no use for your job is stupid, but again, isn't every mage gear more e-peen oriented than anything? I'm not saying 2mp regen on rdm isn't nice, but it won't help your LS win more Nidhogg or Tiamat. It might help you a little for solo, but the reason you want it most likely is also for you e-peen.

In this particular case, I would say your LS leader should have passed, but meh, we only heard 1/2 of the story

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought brd had gaudy harness for mp regen? Dalmatica is much better with 50 mp, but brd have something else for that slot, no?

E. Body
    BG Level

WHY WONT YOU NAME NAMES SYNCHRO!

LazyShell
    BG Level

A Dalmatica.

This is the problem with the situation. A point-based system puts zero emphasis on effeciency, and puts all emphasis on equity; which isn't neccessarily a negative thing as one could argue that anything is killable without dalmatica in the first place.
    If it weren't a point-based system, or the system changed to point-based at an inconvenient time for you, then you would have a much greater base to call them out on it. As it is, you should know the system is based entirely on want and time available to play, so you could in a sense see it coming long before.

Quote Originally Posted by aers
    WHY WONT YOU NAME NAMES SYNCHRO!

E. Body
    BG Level

I'm kinda playing WoW

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Time for me to find out who this officer is so we can have a laugh at you.

Quote Originally Posted by aers
    I'm kinda playing WoW

I have no words to express the degree of my anger.

Now, give me your bard. We shall merit!

Quote Originally Posted by Volken
    Time for me to find out who this officer is so we can have a laugh at you.
    Enjoy being a fag for me bringing up a topic for discussion in a public forum. Wasn't meant to cause drama, but it seems like you enjoy being a four-year old.

You don't even say who you are. Why should people care what your opinion is, or what you say anyway? At least I have the balls to talk about something like this with my name attached to it, fag.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast