+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: North American Union     submit to reddit submit to twitter

North American Union

Has anyone else heard about this yet? This is complete and total bullshit.

The basic gist is that president bush, the old prime minister of canada and the leader of mexico got together and signed a bill last year that will by about 2010 make the USA no more and instead turn it into the "North American Union"....the best part is, Bush pretty much didn't tell anyone...

Links here....

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=105318

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=15017

Youtube link of a CNN thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ensmPJm5 ... 5D&index=7

Apparently there was a thing about it on CNN tonight also, though I didn't catch it.

Edit: A few of my friends don't believe it, and I can't really blame them because there isn't much good coverage on it. Anything that can help swing the validity of this one way or the other would be appreciated.

are you a moron?

Just asking...

only sometimes. and yes I realize the chances of this being real, but eh, I like conspiracy theories. The part that got me was the CNN thing =\

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

You realize that Bush doesn't have that power, right? If this were to happen, congress would have to vote on it all, right?

I'm sick of everyone going Bush this-, Bush that-. The President is *NOT* that powerful. You can call him a stupid moron all you want but he can't do most of the shit people hold against him without consent from congress.

They recently deleted the word gullible from the dictionary.

Isreal National News

Human Events: The National Conservative Weekly

and my favorite:

Lew Dobbs of CNN is one of only a few in the Main Stream Media (Soviet Style) who gets out some of these powerful Truths.
    Man, this is credible.

lol...?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    They recently deleted the word gullible from the dictionary.
    OMG R U SRIUS?

brb dictionary.com

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Re: North American Union

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    You should really really think about the bolded part for a while.

Otherwise I have some contacts in Nigeria who'd love to deposit money into your bank account for safekeeping.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

This is totally bogus, well I hope it is because if not, that is some scary shit.

But i doubt Canada would go under the leadership of Bush, that's just ridiculous.

**edit**

Anyone remember the Fallout 2 intro? where they show the newly annexed canada?

Man they were on the ball on that one. We all know what happens shortly after.

**BOOOOM**

USA, leave my Canada alone. Is this the desperation of the United States government?

You know, Europe did the same thing quite a few years ago. They even share currency. And yet, all those countries still exist.

Fascinating, I know.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

United States of America is old and used and SO 17th century.

We need a new outlook, name, and a few more people to look after.

j/k ^_~

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America;

Yahoo Search: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Securi ... =&ei=UTF-8

Google Search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Se ... gle+Search

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_a ... th_America

Wikipedia #2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Union

Damn x.x

It looks like it's more of a commercial partnership than a govermental one....if it's even real. It still think it's not real, but you never know.

Edit: It looks like they're really overhauling the North American Free Trade Agreement and majorly expanding it if you will.

Council of Canadians: http://www.canadians.org/display_docume ... 42&isdoc=1

Edit #2: http://www.spp.gov/index.asp

Technically the president has the executive athority as chief of state to form unions or "executive agreements" between countries. You are probably confusing this with treaties that must be passed by congress.

A similar confusion is with declaring war. Congress is the only one that can declare war. Our president can send our troops to fight opposing forces in a conflict that eventually ends in our controlling their country, and trying their leader for "war" crimes...but remember, this isnt a war. Its a conflict.

GG founding fathers and their ambiguous (SP?) wording of the constitution.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Re: North American Union

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer

The basic gist is that president bush, the old prime minister of canada and the leader of mexico got together and signed a bill last year that will by about 2010 make the USA no more and instead turn it into the "North American Union"....the best part is, Bush pretty much didn't tell anyone...
    I don't believe the Executive branch has the ability to 'disband' the US government and create a completely new government that includes two other nations.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krylanna
    You know, Europe did the same thing quite a few years ago. They even share currency. And yet, all those countries still exist.

Fascinating, I know.
    You have to realize you are comparing Apples with Carrots.

even if it were real who the fuck cares? I'd like to see the world trying to get more and more unified instead of the cluster fuck of different nations and different powers anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kross
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylanna

Fascinating, I know.
    You have to realize you are comparing Apples with Carrots.
    Yes, I am.

Based purely on the factual information I've seen so far (not the ZOMG BUSH R DISBANDING TEH GOVERNMENTS articles) it seems like more of a treaty agreeing to standardize safety measures and border policing, as well as a little "nation building" in Mexico and a committee that meets to make sure everyone still agrees. We probably won't end up printing rainbow-colored money and calling it the "Namero" though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    even if it were real who the fuck cares? I'd like to see the world trying to get more and more unified instead of the cluster fuck of different nations and different powers anyways.
    This is not unification, it's globalization. Globalization leads to 1 world gov't which would mean we wouldn't have a say in anything (not that we do atm anyway).

There's a secret agenda behind this I'm sure, there's always a secret agenda. One thing will lead to another and teh world will be a very very fucked up place.

Wouldn't be a bad idea then to play MMO's haha

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Someone in the government has been reading way to much Orson Scott Card lately.

(and Heinlen, and Bradbury, and Asimov, and Clarke, and etc....)