+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Veronica Mars Movie!!! (March 14, 2014)

Cast and crew announced today that they put together a kickstarter page to crowd fund this movie. Set a goal of 2 million, which they hit in a few hours. Show ended way too early, so cannot wait for this to come out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-movie-project

blax n gunz
    BG Level

$2 mil in that window of time is unreal.

Also the $10k goal being gone already is lol.

acting: i pay you for my lines

Code:
    Pledge $10,000 or more

1 backer  All gone!

You will get a speaking role in the movie. Here’s the scene — Veronica is eating with the man in her life. Things have gotten tense between them. You are the waiter/waitress. You approach the table, and you say, “Your check, sir.” We guarantee you will be on camera as you say the line. Unless you go all hammy and ruin the scene and we have to cut you out, but that would be a sad day for all of us. Just say the line. Don’t over-think it. You’re a waiter. Your motivation is to turn over the table. In addition to appearing in the movie, you’ll receive a framed copy of the page of the script that includes your line. You’ll get an invitation to the premiere and the after party. You are, after all, in the movie. Think of yourself as Guy Fleegman from Galaxy Quest. People will surely want autographs. You’ll also receive the signed movie poster, the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack, the digital version of the movie, the T-shirt and a pdf of the shooting script.

Estimated delivery: Mar 2014
    Ships within the US only

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah.. it was funded the full $2mil within 12 hours. Nuts.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Almost $2.5M now, all 400$+ are gone lol. Rob also tweeted that they're trying to work out some rewards for non US backers, which will give this another bump.

I hope this will turn out to be the DoubleFine Kickstarter for tv/movie productions. Firefly. Make. It. Happen.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The 10k backer was gone within 30 minutes Rob tweeted lol. Also they are trying to get ideas for more high donation items since they are almost all gone.

And yeah, I really hope this paves the way for more shows that ended too early to get a movie out there to wrap stuff up, or even keep it going.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Haha what the fuck

Dengler could find himself reaping the reward that his $10,000 entitles him to — a speaking role in the Veronica Mars movie itself. Well, as long as his schedule permits: “I’m really busy, and I travel a lot,” he noted. “I do have a day job which takes up my attention, so ironically, this might be something I won’t even be able to do in the end. I may have to nominate one of my friends to do it in my place.” Note to actual Veronica Mars superfans: Make friends with Steven Dengler ASAP.
    Dat entrepreneurial spirit

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I figured the 10k was just some crazy superfan of the show, but it's cool to see someone like him contribute money for artists.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Very excited, I love the show! I pledged $100 when I heard about it yesterday. Is it sad that I'm this excited about getting the T-shirt?

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Also pledging this Friday hope they get it situated for int. donors as well to help add to the awesome.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

That Dengler name ringed a bell and guess what? He's the guy who'll add $100k to the Torment Kickstarter if it reaches $3M. He also single-handedly funded some Double Fine game ports, like the MacOS version of Psychonauts. Crazy (awesome) guy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I am going to be the coolest kid ever rocking my Veronica Mars t-shirt. I think my girlfriend got one too. If not, I'll probably have to get it in her size. What a jerk.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Trichocyst View Post
    I am going to be the coolest kid ever rocking my Veronica Mars t-shirt. I think my girlfriend got one too. If not, I'll probably have to get it in her size. What a jerk.
    My wife asked if I was going to get the shirt for her. I told her she has money, she can donate if she wants one.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wife already claimed my shirt.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Project just ended a few min ago with a total of: $5,702,118 from 91,584 backers.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So excited for this. I kept wanting to up my pledge, heh

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur