FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Pokemon HOME (NSW/Android/iOS) - Cloud-Based Service - 2020

Introducing Pokémon HOME, a cloud service that will work with Nintendo Switch and iOS and Android devices, allowing you to bring over the Pokémon that you’ve shared adventures with throughout your journey.

Pokémon HOME isn’t tied to a single game system, meaning you can connect with Pokémon Bank, along with #PokemonLetsGo, #PokemonSwordShield, and #PokemonGO. It also features trading functionality.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/431350217
    https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1133542372703268864
    https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1133542223331508225

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Hope it comes with nintendo online and not a separate sub, because paying for that plus bank plus online would be stupid just to transfer pokemon.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The world of Pokémon games is more diverse than ever, with a range of titles for Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices. Now, Trainers can bring all their Pokémon together with Pokémon HOME, a new cloud service app that enables them to continue their Pokémon adventures beyond a single game system and manage their collection of Pokémon across many of their games. Smartphone users can also trade with friends or others around the world directly from Pokémon HOME. Pokémon HOME connects with Pokémon Bank as well as Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, the upcoming Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games, and also Pokémon GO. Pokémon HOME is expected to launch in early 2020 for iOS and Android devices as well as Nintendo Switch.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So if I catch a pokemon in go, I can transfer it ingame?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Money hungry Nintendo like always, ontop of paying online you have to pay premium prices too?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

hahaha at only being able to deposit 30 pokemon with basic.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty sure a stopwatch from 1973 could hold more than 30 Pokemon's data... man thats funny, but at the same time if I even still played Pokemon, the most amount I've moved from one generation to the other has been like, 4 Shinies and maybe a handful of 5/6 IV's I bred during Black/White era.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Now that the service is live, an Easter Egg has been found in the apk.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wonder how Home will interact with Pokemon Go.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Patch today hides requests for mythical pokemon (since they cannot currently be traded).

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Patch today hides requests for mythical pokemon (since they cannot currently be traded).
    Poipole poipole poipole
    All I see whenever I search for pokemon.
    FF11's version of throwing something on AH for ridiculous price just to show off. Except people seem to do it for pokemon that dont matter, too.

Ridill
    BG Level

That was a massively long maintenance time for nothing to show for it. Thought they were implementing something new, or at least fixing something very noticeable. But hey, programming's hard and I know absolutely nothing about it other than that.

I do wish they'd adjust sprite colors, though. I keep having to ask myself; Is this a shiny?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The maint was to fix hyper-trained pokemon no longer being hyper-trained when put on Home.

Ridill
    BG Level

Uuuuugh. Just spent so much time moving/organizing my boxes on Switch and when I went to save/quit I got "An error occured" and it sent me back to the menu and saved nothing I did. Awesome waste of a half hour.

I have discovered the problem after painstakingly moving pokemon around and saving frequently;
    Ninjask/Shedinja

After realizing Shedinja was the 'mon causing the error to get thrown up I looked it up and originally, Home's programming would delete pokemon with identical trainer/tracking #s to get rid of cloned pokemon but because of how nincada evolves, Shedinja/Ninjask have the same ones, it would delete a legit pokemon. Game Freak's solution to this appears to be just not to allow either Ninjask/Shedinja in Home if the same # already exists inside.
    This doesn't affect 'mons transferred from Bank.

Ridill
    BG Level

So I’ve been wonder trading somewhat regularly. Since they updated the feature to only take an hour or two, just leisurely trying to build up a living pokedex. This round I just checked had 2 shinies in it; clobbapus(6 IV, lv1 met 3/16) and Escavalier(4IV lv55 met 3/5) one from trainer Scott TU and another from trainer HOME. They both have the same trainer ID. With a hunch, I check the rest of my shinies and I have another from Scott TU an Abomasnow (4IV lv55, met 12/17)

Anyone else who does the wonder trade have something similar? And what do you think the odds of them being hacked are? Interested in maybe using the Grapploct in my not so competitive all Fighting team. Though I would have to change it to it’s HA and change it’s typing to Adamant.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'd say 100% hacked lol. I've seen a lot of shinies from wonder trade, I just send them back to someone who wants them. Rarely you might see something from Go that's probably real cause of all the community days, I doubt anyone else is gonna dump real shinies unless they're really ugly.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    unless they're really ugly.
    That’s what gave me pause to consider the realness. Who hacks an Abomasnow?

Off-ish topic, my first shiny of swsh was a final stage ice cream from a den run that I didn’t even realize it was shiny for the longest time.

Ridill
    BG Level

Well, almost got a complete living Pokédex. Just missing Phione, Magearna, Cosmeom, Marshadow, Naganadel, Kubfu, and Zarude. And half of those are “special event” pokemon that can’t be traded. The rest are on the higher demand side and I’ve run out of good extra pokemon to trade.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'm a little surprised (and disappointed) they haven't really done any mythical distributions for the 25th anniversary this year. They've done full distributions with the past two generations (and probably earlier ones as well) and this year seemed like a natural time to do it.