Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

LG Voyager

I'm looking into getting a LG Voyager (Currently have XV6700 Pocket PC) I'm kinda sick of the data charges for verizon smart phones, and with a "normal" phone I will be saving $60 a month on my bill.

So i'm looking into getting a LG Voyager (Don't say get iphone, ATT service is horrible in my area) an would like to know if anyone has this phone, and what they think about it.

Thanks

I don't always post, but when I do....
    BG Level

I used to sell phones up until recently for Best Buy. The question I would have for you would be do you use the features of you current phone a lot? Features being Email, having access to Microsoft Office, Tethering Etc.

What you can do as well, I would double check by calling Verizon, you should be able to NOT have data for you particular phone if you don't use it at all. Doing this would save you at least $45 a month, especially if you like your phone currently.

As for the Voyager, if you don't need like Office or Tethering you can slide on by pretty good. Internet isn't so bad on it, as well as you can still access emails if you choose too, there's a monthly service if you want to pay for it that allows you to have mail pushed to you phone.

Verizon has some pretty fun "normal" phones, I would suggest you check em out and ask questions worst case scenario you generally have 30 days to see if you like a phone or not. Most companies bend over backwards to keep you in service with them if you have any minor complaint, keep bugging them about it they will give in.

Anyways, if you like the Voyager, check the Glyde as well as the Dare. I will recommend that if you don't have a particular Verizon store you like going to, go to Best Buy (Best Buy Mobile). Their job is keep you there by answering questions and they shouldn't shoo you off or force you into something ya don't like.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Intervention View Post
    I used to sell phones up until recently for Best Buy. The question I would have for you would be do you use the features of you current phone a lot? Features being Email, having access to Microsoft Office, Tethering Etc.

What you can do as well, I would double check by calling Verizon, you should be able to NOT have data for you particular phone if you don't use it at all. Doing this would save you at least $45 a month, especially if you like your phone currently.

As for the Voyager, if you don't need like Office or Tethering you can slide on by pretty good. Internet isn't so bad on it, as well as you can still access emails if you choose too, there's a monthly service if you want to pay for it that allows you to have mail pushed to you phone.

Verizon has some pretty fun "normal" phones, I would suggest you check em out and ask questions worst case scenario you generally have 30 days to see if you like a phone or not. Most companies bend over backwards to keep you in service with them if you have any minor complaint, keep bugging them about it they will give in.

Anyways, if you like the Voyager, check the Glyde as well as the Dare. I will recommend that if you don't have a particular Verizon store you like going to, go to Best Buy (Best Buy Mobile). Their job is keep you there by answering questions and they shouldn't shoo you off or force you into something ya don't like.
    Went out last night, and picked up the voyager. Great phone so far...and the VZ Navigator is awesome to say the least.

I didnt use my old phone for Office, but I use to tether alot..... I found out with the voyager, you can tether the voyager aswell.

I took a peak at the dare, it seemed like a fantastic phone...but the lack of the psychical keyboard.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    I took a peak at the dare, it seemed like a fantastic phone...but the lack of the psychical keyboard.
    the touch screen keyboard sucks, i use the numeric pad exclusively for text. I found doing it that way creates a lot less misspellings versus the sensitivity of the keyboard. the keyboard has given me so many misspelled passwords & web links.

get the UNLOCKED iPhone.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by The_OG_Nelta View Post
    get the UNLOCKED iPhone.
    Wont work on verizon =/. Fuck our network for that reason only, unless we've upgraded to a non CDMA(probably CMDA) network here recently. However, I enjoy almost zero dead spots except like, middle of fucking nowhere nevada/arizona.

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    Wont work on verizon =/. Fuck our network for that reason only, unless we've upgraded to a non CDMA(probably CMDA) network here recently. However, I enjoy almost zero dead spots except like, middle of fucking nowhere nevada/arizona.
    When we were driving from Mexico back to Arizona, I would get service in the most random areas, like middle of the desert.

As for the Voyager, I'm probably going to get one soon if the prices don't drop. I've messed around with the Dares but I don't like having to touch for everything. The Voyager looks like it has neat features, and you can always flip it open for the keyboard.

i've had my voyager for about a month now. between voyager, decoy and nv2, the voyager wins. i have some complains about the vcast network crap ... can't set mp3s as ringtones without using bitpim. but the phone itself is nice.

the touch part wasn't as accurate as i would've like until i went an recalibrated it, now it's better. and oily fingerprints ftl.

the internal speakers are pretty quality, a lot better than i would've expected.

the 2 megapixel camera takes nice pix and the keyboard is cool. the external wallpaper doesn't have the same dimensions as any of the dimensions that you can take a pic of. so it either chops off too big pix or you get black bars on too small pix.

the web browser doesn't have flash, but you can play flash games with the touchscreen through hax. i haven't checked the quality of the vcast tv/video stuff.

overall, i'd say this is the best phone on the verizon network at the current price range.