FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nightingale - Survival Horror - 2022

Developed by Inflexion Games (Ex-BioWare Devs)
    Nightingale is a new shared world survival crafting and building game coming to PC Early Access in 2022.

Explore, discover and survive in an interconnected web of beautiful, mystical, and dangerous realms.

Immerse yourself in a new Victorian gaslamp fantasy universe, where you’ll build estates and homesteads, band together with other survivors, and fight nightmarish creatures as you search for a way home.

Announced at the 2021 Game Awards, Nightingale is being developed by Inflexion Games in Edmonton Canada.
    https://www.playnightingale.com/
    https://www.inflexion.io/

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I had a concept similar to this, though it leaned more on Stargate than Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.
    Going to be interested in seeing the execution.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Still looking good.

Edit: Also, narration by Emet-Selch.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I joined to discord for this game, devs had a Q&A released today. Info of note. In dev, so things can change.

Q: Are there 'bosses' that can only be fought as a group or will it be possible to completely solo the game with enough preparation?
    A: Our intention is that solo players will be able to play the entire game by themselves, but solo completionists will be in for a challenging experience.

Q: Death system
    A: Right now we have a fairly standard death system where players lose their full inventory on death and respawn at their respite spawn point. There are no timers to get your inventory back and there are death markers to show where it is.

Q: Will environmental resources respawn or will they be only available the one time after having been foraged (trees cut down/herbs or plants picked/rocks or ores mined, etc)? Will there be ways to replenish resources such as farming/planting if they do not respawn?
    A: Most resources don't respawn naturally. The main way to get additional resources is to venture into further realms.

Q: Game size
    A: Right now we're looking at between 6-10 players in a realm. Much like PC specs, it's a little early for us to share other specific details, as we're still experimenting with a bunch of things.

Q: Hunger system
    A: As it is right now, going hungry will give you certain debuffs but will not kill you. As for other systems, we're experimenting with a few options and will detail them once we've made a decision.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Inflexion Games is at Gamescon this year. The game has been delayed numerous times, but it will release Feb 2024 on both Steam and EGS. It seems pretty firm now.

Also they have a new trailer.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

And it's out in EA. - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1928980/Nightingale/

$30, 10% off first week.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

twitch drops too

Wasn't sure what was up with the horror tag in the title, then I remembered the character creator.

Anyway, anyone else playing this? I've noticed a sharp difficulty spike once I got to the quest where you do the Astrolabe/Provision/Herbarium dungeons. I've beaten the first two (with great difficulty), but Herbarium boss is just kicking my head in. I'll probably hit up the Provision realms to get access to firearms and (hopefully) better gear, though I'm pretty sure the marerials matter for that more than the recipe. Only other thing I can think of is dropping the difficulty down from Hard, and fuck that.

As for what I think of the game...

I can't in good faith recommend the game in its current state, and I think the decision to push EA forward was a mistake, especially since it was announced after the poor reception from the stress test. I understand they wanted to get the game out there ASAP after all the delays. But as it stands now, the UI is in a horrendous state, and just doesn't function at all for controller in some parts. I ended up needing to switch back to my PC instead of my laptop to clear my 2 most recent dungeons (as mentioned in the above post) because using a controller kept getting me killed. All that said, I still think there are the bones of a good game in there, it just needed some more time in the oven.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Survival games always release busted as hell for some reason. Enshrouded is one of the few I've played that isn't.

Yeah, aside from greenery and rocks being an invasive species when building Enshrouded has been one of the best builders I've ever played

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I've played a bit of it, but not too far, just lack of time.
    I'd say it's okay, and should get polished in time, the bones are decent.

I also played the demo of Enshrouded with friends, and I would also wholeheartedly recommend it.

Yeah, Enshrouded is great. I played it with my sister and her husband, and I think I enjoyed it much more than I would have solo. Finished all the quests and uncovered all of the map (that's currently available), all that's left really is to clean up a few achievos. I really can't say enough about the building system (again, minus the one hangup I mentioned above). It's so good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag