Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stone Gorget testing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Stone Gorget testing

Sorry if this is common knowledge, I've been looking around to see how this gorget works and haven't found any testing done, so I went out and did some since I finaly got it.

First test was to see if it worked with sch accession + stoneskin. So I went with a smn in desert and got a cactuar to 1k needle us, I took 30 less damage then him, so pt members do *not* get the +30 bonus from gorget, I was kinda surprised.. I didn't try if it worked if we both were wearing a Stone gorget, but even if it did it wouldn't really be useful..

Second test was to see if it worked with Diamondhide, and it does not, at all, both me and the smn got hit for same damage with or without.

Disappointing..

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Re: Stone Gorget testing

Quote Originally Posted by Gabz
    Sorry if this is common knowledge, I've been looking around to see how this gorget works and haven't found any testing done, so I went out and did some since I finaly got it.

First test was to see if it worked with sch accession + stoneskin. So I went with a smn in desert and got a cactuar to 1k needle us, I took 30 less damage then him, so pt members do *not* get the +30 bonus from gorget, I was kinda surprised.. I didn't try if it worked if we both were wearing a Stone gorget, but even if it did it wouldn't really be useful..

Second test was to see if it worked with Diamondhide, and it does not, at all, both me and the smn got hit for same damage with or without.

Disappointing..
    It doesn't work with Accession? ... Thanks for testing this... I really wanted this after leveling SCH for this reason but not quite as much now

Get a party member to wear one and see if it gives the +30 to him when you are and when you're not wearing one yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Get a party member to wear one and see if it gives the +30 to him when you are and when you're not wearing one yourself.
    Because Stone Gorget is so common! lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Stone Gorget isn't common, but SCHs are pretty easy to find. The guy with Stone Gorget can be the test subject, and have a SCH do aoe Stoneskin. I'm pretty sure you'll find that the bonus is applied, removing any need for the double-gorget test.

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall
    Stone Gorget isn't common, but SCHs are pretty easy to find. The guy with Stone Gorget can be the test subject, and have a SCH do aoe Stoneskin. I'm pretty sure you'll find that the bonus is applied, removing any need for the double-gorget test.
    Complete speculation since I have never really bothered to test this since 30dmg is not going to save my taru ass, so ignore me if I am retarded but I always thought that the effect would be based on the caster... just like Bar-Spells... it doesn't matter if you have All Stats+100... the amount of the bar-spell received would be based on the original caster... The person with the gorget is not the one casting stoneskin so therefore the effect of the gorget is useless...

Does it stack with Earthen Ward?

I'm curious as to how you went about getting the gorget - low man? or did you actually make an event with lots of people out of it?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leeto
    I'm curious as to how you went about getting the gorget - low man? or did you actually make an event with lots of people out of it?
    Well after my ls wiped to fafnir after bot claiming it, we pos hacked to promy vahzl. We had an ally for the NM and an ally for adds, but after a few hours we ended up wiping, so we stalled while waiting for more people, then we zerged it with 18x blm doing ES freeze and got drop.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

We have about 3-4 of these in our social LS since we do weekly CoP ENM runs (lvl 30 towers) and regularly kill the 3rd floor NMs for the pop drop. Then once we have enough pop items we storm Vahzl for the bow/gorget/wand. It can be done with a balanced party of 6. Useful to have 1-2 stunners (BLU, DRK, BLM, and BRD, RDM, RNG etc for ghetto sleep stun) to stop the -ga spells from the Bow NM.

I can't say anyone has really got much from the gorget, but the other 2 pop items are better (Dia Wand and Hamiyumi bow).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Are you serious? The Dia Wand sucks, and Hamayumi is only good for Empty ENM. Stone Gorget is by far the best of the three.

The Dia wand doesn't suck.
    Shit is situational.

Quote Originally Posted by Koga
    Shit is situational.
    Raises the DoT of Dia I/II by 1, but does it decrease the defense down effect?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Koga
    Shit is situational.
    Raises the DoT of Dia I/II by 1, but does it decrease the defense down effect?
    No, but it's still nice for some extra DoT solo, for shit that you can't feed TP.

But yeah..

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbers
    Are you serious? The Dia Wand sucks, and Hamayumi is only good for Empty ENM. Stone Gorget is by far the best of the three.
    Like I said, we do all 3 CoP30 ENMs every sunday, so yeah the bow rocks believe me.

Sorry to necro, but this does in fact work. Stone Gorget improves an accession'd stoneskin by 30 points.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Sorry to necro, but this does in fact work. Stone Gorget improves an accession'd stoneskin by 30 points.
    pics please

Didn't take any originally because it was just for personal reference. I'll get my sch friend to go again and put up pics.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Mattthemaster
    Didn't take any originally because it was just for personal reference. I'll get my sch friend to go again and put up pics.
    omg You rock.

Pretty self explanatory here, any questions/other crap you need you can ask. And yes you can macro the gorget off and it counts.
    http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 124dm7.png
    http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 321xa5.png

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

All that shows is the Stone Gorget works on someone casting stoneskin on you, not that a SCH with a stone gorget can give everyone 30 more points of damage block with stoneskin accessioned. (unless of course I'm reading it wrong)

Nice info regardless.