Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

FL - The Price is Right - Please help

Ok, so we run out of time with SMN, BLM, RDM, PLD, BLU, WHM; by kiting until all weapons were dead, but lacked dmg in the end. We tried zerging (SAM, WAR, something else I dont remember) before killing weapons but that didn't go too well >.>

So, either we end up running out of time, or the stupid thing just intimidates everyone when he is low on HP.

Any ideas please

P.S. Kind of lacking people with the right (or wrong) jobs, so setup stays more or less the same :/. Not to mention the fact that finding people FL is hard enough, so gotta work with what he have :<

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: FL - The Price is Right - Please help

What we do is pull the king into the starter room where a WHM+SMN+NIN tank him. The NIN manages his DD so as to not spawn satellite weapons too fast -- only want one up at a time. The others hang out at the entry to the big cave and pounce on weapons as they wake up and slay them. All the weapons are very easy to blink tank and slay with minimal support.

Once all the weapons are dead, everyone comes and kills the the king. Yes, as his HP goes down, he intimidates like crazy. Nothing you can do about that. Manage your TP feeding. If you put a bunch of low-damage THFs on him as DD, the resultant special spam will wipe you.

King has low accuracy. Evasion gear on NIN works great for tanking him. It's quite possible for a solo nin to DD him too fast and force weapons to spawn too quickly.

Our party: nin,whm,smn,nin,blm,whm.

-=-=-

For your group to use this strat, I'd put pld/nin+smn+whm tanking king in starter. rdm+blm+blu on weapons -- make sure three all have sub/nin and they can just swarm the weapons and pass agro around. BLU is a fantastic job for this; his stuns fix your only minor worry, which is the staffs spellga.

Don't hesitate to slow things down on King if pld misses a blink and gets smacked around a little. BLU can toss stuns in to help there and blm can help smn & whm heal. Surviving to keep forward progress alive is better than racing to slay him. PLD won't have the evasion of NIN, but shield will make up for that. Your only real worry is refresh. Your rdm is gonna be overworked there.

Banned.

BG Level

Cool, thanks, actually we can make the PLD come NIN for this, we were just afraid of the NIN getting pounded by -gas or hits too fast.

Any more ideas are welcome :D

Edit: Me (BLM) and BLU were taking care of weapons no problem (well, the BLU really >.> )

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Okuza
    What we do is pull the king into the starter room where a WHM+SMN+NIN tank him. The NIN manages his DD so as to not spawn satellite weapons too fast -- only want one up at a time. The others hang out at the entry to the big cave and pounce on weapons as they wake up and slay them. All the weapons are very easy to blink tank and slay with minimal support.

Once all the weapons are dead, everyone comes and kills the the king. Yes, as his HP goes down, he intimidates like crazy. Nothing you can do about that. Manage your TP feeding. If you put a bunch of low-damage THFs on him as DD, the resultant special spam will wipe you.

King has low accuracy. Evasion gear on NIN works great for tanking him. It's quite possible for a solo nin to DD him too fast and force weapons to spawn too quickly.

Our party: nin,whm,smn,nin,blm,whm.

-=-=-

For your group to use this strat, I'd put pld/nin+smn+whm tanking king in starter. rdm+blm+blu on weapons -- make sure three all have sub/nin and they can just swarm the weapons and pass agro around. BLU is a fantastic job for this; his stuns fix your only minor worry, which is the staffs spellga.

Don't hesitate to slow things down on King if pld misses a blink and gets smacked around a little. BLU can toss stuns in to help there and blm can help smn & whm heal. Surviving to keep forward progress alive is better than racing to slay him. PLD won't have the evasion of NIN, but shield will make up for that. Your only real worry is refresh. Your rdm is gonna be overworked there.
    head butt's stun doesn't proc, temporal shift gets resisted, frypan is the same as head but.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

He's gonna be summoning the weapons really, really slowly if you're not feeding him TP, he'll summon one each time he uses Hellsnap. This is probably why you're timing out. When he summons a weapon, leave the person with hate tanking him while the others kill the weapon, then continue. He'll only start intimidating after he uses Thundris Shriek.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The crazy intimidation only occurs at the end, right? Both times that I beat this, it happened for the last 10% or so. I have two suggestions for dealing damage quickly during intimidation:

1) Ranged attack is unaffected by the intimidation. A RNG can go crazy to remove that last bit of HP once intimidation starts.
    2) A SAM can 2hr and then spam WS macros until they go off. No TP is lost when intimidation stops a WS. It sounds risky but it worked for me once.

I'm pretty sure Intimidation doesn't affect WS.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall
    The crazy intimidation only occurs at the end, right? Both times that I beat this, it happened for the last 10% or so. I have two suggestions for dealing damage quickly during intimidation:

1) Ranged attack is unaffected by the intimidation. A RNG can go crazy to remove that last bit of HP once intimidation starts.
    2) A SAM can 2hr and then spam WS macros until they go off. No TP is lost when intimidation stops a WS. It sounds risky but it worked for me once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistani
    He'll only start intimidating after he uses Thundris Shriek

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Also since you have a blm there, make them sub rdm, then they can gravity/solo the weapons fairly easily.

Its not one or two shot, but its pretty quick all things considered.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

From what I have read on this, is a SMN with Diabolos more or less required to help mitigate the Magic Def down effect?

My group has 5 regulars, NIN (me), WAR, RDM, WHM, and BRD. The BRD can come as SMN or BLM or something else, I forget. But it looks like perhaps a BRD is not as useful in this one as SMN or BLM.

@Tajin... you are never online when I am doing these. ;;

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Does he ever use Thundris Shriek above 25%?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Does he ever use Thundris Shriek above 25%?
    Yes.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

We went NIN, BLU, MNK, BLM, WHM, WHM. What we would do is to fight him straight up as you would any normal monster and when the weapons would get called down, me (BLU) and the MNK would rush the weapons while the NIN kited the King. After the weapon was dead we'd go back to fighting. Near then end though, things got a little crazy so we finished it kiting.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

OK, so just did this and won. Setup was NIN, WAR, BRD, SMN, RDM, WHM

I was NIN, so I fought King the entire time. The WAR meleed as well but took down the weapons as they were called, occasionally with help from the SMN.

The SMN kept Dream Shroud up at all times while curing along with the RDM and WHM. The BRD did what they do.

MP was pretty drained at the end, but only the WAR died and eventually we won... albeit in a pretty ragged state. His AoE was pretty annoying.

Banned.

BG Level

Sweet, now I neet to get RDM to 75 or NIN .

On a serious note, thanks for all replies.

Banned.

BG Level

NIN/WAR
    BRD/WHM
    WAR/NIN (G.Axe)
    WHM/SMN
    BLU/NIN

Victory, WHM focused on NIN, BRD and SMN split between us and melees, WAR got owned by an unlucky firaga III, but he unweakened before the last weapon came down.
    After the first Shriek shit gets ugly, thankfully the King didnt use many agas. WHM (me) had to use Benediction.

We used a few holy waters and yagudo drinks to keep things on shape.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    NIN/WAR
    BRD/WHM
    WAR/NIN (G.Axe)
    WHM/SMN
    BLU/NIN

Victory, WHM focused on NIN, BRD and SMN split between us and melees, WAR got owned by an unlucky firaga III, but he unweakened before the last weapon came down.
    After the first Shriek shit gets ugly, thankfully the King didnt use many agas. WHM (me) had to use Benediction.

We used a few holy waters and yagudo drinks to keep things on shape.
    After I screamed at you and after you took 20sec to decide and right after benediction we ate 600 damage thundaga, if you took 1 more sec to decide, we would have been dead, cabron.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Chupunpupun
    After I screamed at you and after you took 20sec to decide and right after benediction we ate 600 damage thundaga, if you took 1 more sec to decide, we would have been dead, cabron.
    It's amazing how easy it is to always be right when you're the backseat driver. Grat's on the win, btw -- even the "easy" FLs really aren't easy and have their squeaky moments. I swear these BCs were built more to harshly punish minor slips and mistakes than they were to reward clever play.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Okuza
    It's amazing how easy it is to always be right when you're the backseat driver. Grat's on the win, btw -- even the "easy" FLs really aren't easy and have their squeaky moments. I swear these BCs were built more to harshly punish minor slips and mistakes than they were to reward clever play.
    You made it sound like I hate him

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You made it sound like I hate him
    Hmmm. That looks like a WHM driving your sigbus, too. I detect a recurring theme. Did you not get enough healing as a child?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast