Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Warcraft III: Reforged - Remaster - January 28, 2020

Announced at Blizzcon today.

Warcraft 3 is being remastered!

It's coming in 2019. The Spoils of War Edition and a Standard Edition are up for pre-order with goodies applied to each of Blizzard's other games.

https://playwarcraft3.com/en-gb/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The top-to-bottom upgrade of the seminal real-time strategy game includes a stunning visual update, over four hours of updated in-game cutscenes, and full Blizzard Battle.net implementation Warcraft III: Reforged features modern matchmaking and tournament support, and will be supported well into the future with gameplay and balance updates

Friday, November 2, 2018 — Blizzard Entertainment today proudly unveiled Warcraft III: Reforged, a stunning reimagining of the revolutionary real-time strategy game that laid the foundation for Azeroth’s most epic stories. A remake in the truest sense, Warcraft III: Reforged sees the original Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its award-winning expansion, The Frozen Throne, rebuilt from the ground up, with a thorough visual overhaul, a suite of contemporary social and matchmaking features via Blizzard Battle.net, and a pledge of support for its thriving community of creators—starting with an upgraded World Editor.

The founding of Orgrimmar. The fall of Lordaeron. The reign of the Burning Legion. The rise of the Lich King. Veterans and newcomers alike will experience these pivotal events in Azeroth’s history like never before in Warcraft III: Reforged, from the points of view of four distinct factions: the mighty Orcs, the noble Humans, the ancient Night Elves, and the insidious Undead Scourge.

For Warcraft III: Reforged, every character, structure, and environment has been recreated to emphasize the depth, dimension, and personality of this rough-hewn world. The Warcraft III saga, which spans more than 60 campaign missions, enjoys an epic retelling in Reforged, with over four hours of updated in-game cutscenes and rerecorded voice-overs that breathe new life into the earliest renditions of key characters like Sylvanas Windrunner and Arthas Menethil.

‘Warcraft III is monumentally important to us here at Blizzard, and its influence is evident in everything we’ve done since,’ said J. Allen Brack, President of Blizzard Entertainment. ‘A project like Warcraft III: Reforged isn’t something we undertake lightly, partly because of this legacy, but more importantly, because we know what it means to our players.’

Warcraft III’s dedicated community of mapmakers has kept the game thriving since it launched in 2002, and Reforged boasts an improved World Editor highly influenced by an ongoing dialogue with this talented group of creators. With countless new tools and features, the World Editor will set mapmakers free to craft new universes for players to enjoy. Existing custom maps will be playable in Reforged, and players will be able to use the new matchmaker to find partners or opponents for traditional melee and custom games.

Warcraft III: Reforged will be released in 2019. Those eager to relive the history of Azeroth can pre-purchase the game today for £24.99 for the standard edition, and £34.99 for the Spoils of War Edition, which includes unique skins for four of the game’s hero units, as well as a host of in-game bonuses for a number of other Blizzard games, such as a gruesome Meat Wagon mount for World of Warcraft, the Third War cardback for Hearthstone and more.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    It's coming in 2019.
    Delayed to January 28, 2020
    Mark your calendar—Warcraft III: Reforged, the full-scale reimagining of Blizzard’s groundbreaking real-time strategy game, is set for release on January 29! Including the original Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its award-winning expansion The Frozen Throne, Warcraft III: Reforged features seven single-player campaigns spanning over 60 missions, a top-to-bottom graphics and audio overhaul, and a full suite of contemporary matchmaking features via Blizzard’s Battle.net online-gaming service.

Warcraft III: Reforged is available for digital pre-purchase now from the Blizzard Shop. The standard edition is available for £24.99; for £34.99, players can pre-purchase the Spoils of War Edition, which comes with unique hero skins for Arthas, Cenarius, Jaina, and Thrall. Also included with the Spoils of War Edition is a host of in-game bonuses for other Blizzard games that will unlock immediately upon pre-purchase, such as the gruesome Meat Wagon mount for World of Warcraft, the Third War cardback for Hearthstone, the Mal’ganis pet for Diablo III, and more.

Warcraft III: Reforged Features

• Complete Graphical Overhaul: Warcraft III: Reforged brings the original game into the modern era with fully overhauled characters, structures, environments, animations, and graphical effects.

• Multiplayer between versions: Players will be able to do battle with anyone who plays Warcraft III, regardless of whether they’re playing the original or Reforged.

• Original Voice-overs: Reforged will retain the original game’s voice over recordings, preserving the authenticity of the Warcraft III experience.

• Rebuilt World Editor: Reforged features an all-new World Editor designed to empower the game’s longstanding creator community to reach new heights, with hundreds of new triggers, LUA scripting support, new tools for importing models, and more enhancements planned for the future.

• Full Battle.net Implementation: Players will enjoy the full suite of Battle.net features to bolster their Warcraft III experience, including text and voice chat, clans, and seamless installation and patching.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/c...inal_warcraft/

Removed features from the original;

• Automated Tournaments
    • Clans
    • Profiles
    • Ladder
    • animated campaign backgrounds
    • animated portraits in Battle.net
    • /slash commands in Battle.net chat
    • Communal channels listing
    • Custom Campaigns
    • Battle.net News section
    • RoC campaign balance (RoC now uses TFT balance)
    The original version online client is now connected to the Reforged client, so any online issues are shared between the two. Also, Blizzard now states at all new custom content created for III will be automatically be owned by them. They're doing this to avoid another DOTA.

The classic version's graphical settings now require the purchase of Reforged if you want custom settings

Classic version also has a 30GB required update.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

2018 Blizzcon demo UI vs Release UI

Spoiler: show

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

those backgrounds are p ugly and dunno why they changed the lighting for a darker, more muted color palette from the demo to the release. also little to no shadows with a host of removed MP features in the release? Blizz baby what is you doin.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Classic version also has a 30GB required update.
    There pretty much is no Classic version anymore which annoys me. It's just everyone running the Reforged client now (including all of its assets) except you can only use the 'old' graphics without buying it.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There goes my beloved wc3 and plethora of custom maps. Uninstalling, fuck blizzard to high heaven.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Game is a fucking embarrassment. I requested a refund and got it. I'm not supporting this shit.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Game is a fucking embarrassment. I requested a refund and got it. I'm not supporting this shit.
    cheers for the tip, just did the same

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This is pretty much the nail in the coffin for me. If they couldn't even pull this off properly they're done in my mind. Wouldn't be surprised if all these changes are the foundation for a micro transaction system of some sort like paid maps and shit.

BG Level

i don't know what kind of post-launch support they're planning (especially after the enormous fan backlash) but better lighting and the rudimentary multiplayer functionality they stripped would be some of the easier stuff to patch in. can only hope they fix most of what's wrong but basically yuh, after this the worst WoW expansion ever bowing before the CCP and the lackluster plans for Overwatch 2 p much done with Blizz.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Refund talk on the official forums is now a two week account ban.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Was watching a streamer play this and I was thinking "oh, he must be playing the classic version before the remastered one" didn't even realize it WAS the remastered one. It's also sitting at a 0.7 user score on metacritic LOL

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The soulless corporate machine has mulched a beloved classic into so much detritus. As usual.

I really can't believe they fucked up so hard they managed to retroactively ruin the game, that is pretty damn impressive.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I learned the hard way with Bioware/EA with me:a and anthem. Won't fall for it with blizzard. D4 is years off but this right here proves this company is dead to me. I hope others speak with their wallet too.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Glad I dodged a bullet here, Blizzard has been spiraling downhill for the last four years and their take on how they thought they should have handled diablo's franchise should have been the very clear red flag if you some how missed it all the other bullshit. Legion was alright but coming off of Draenor that's like saying Shadowlands by default is going to be fucking amazing after having gone through BFA without even playing it yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Yeah WoW expansions have been pure garbage for a while now. I don't play Overwatch but the "Overwatch 2" looked like the most half-assed thing in the world from what i could tell. This doesn't surprise me in the least. I have very little hope for D4.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Yeah WoW expansions have been pure garbage for a while now.
    No they haven't lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast