1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 40 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 190 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Shouldn't the thread title be "FFXIV 2.0 Random Speculation/Question Thread XII: Incoming Beta Phase 6", Not XI?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Listen in this world the Eleven comes twice.

Should have waited until the fourteenth thread for this gag though, definitely.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Oops fixed. Thanks. lol

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Decided to give XIV another shot, haven't played much at all since launch. Where is the best place to go for a primer on things so I don't have to ask too many 'what are you, retarded?' type questions?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Most of the databases are pretty paltry, but Eorzapedia has the best quest database currently, I think. Mooglebox and mozk-tabetai.com are the best gear databases at the moment. Anything in particular you're looking for I can point you towards?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I just use Eorzapedia and ask away if something seems to be missing or doesn't make sense. I've noticed the 14 community is a lot better than the present 11 community, and have yet to get any snarky remarks for asking things.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

'Getting started', generally speaking. Databases are well and good, but it helps to have a grasp of the general situation. Other than going out and killing marmosets, what should I be doing? One of the things I do know I want to do is unlock dragoon, so let's start with that?

Edit: And money. Nothing drops it, there's no AH, and I have yet to figure out the mysteries of the market wards.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Outside of the basic quests it gives you when you first roll there's isn't any "getting started quests". For your first class, I'd recommend investing in the main storyline missions since you hit the appropriate level to do them, they'll aware you with half your current exp for that level. In practice it's better to save them for crafting/gathering classes, but if you want a 50 fast, this is the best way.

As far as leveling, try getting parties if you can, but you're probably going to be stuck lowmanning stuff until the 40s where you can join spiritbond parties. There's positives and negatives to this, negative being it will take a long time unless you can happen to get a power level or actual parties. Positive is, with levequests you'll be getting gil from everyone of them, but they can get boring quickly.

Market Wards are extraordinarily convoluted, but easy enough when you get the hang of them. Uldah Merchantile Wards is what you'll want to check first and foremost for items as people still don't seem to spread outside of Ul'dah to sell, and if they do, they don't price competitively. I assume you started in Gridania since you mention Marmots, so you'll get to the Merchantile Wards by going to the Adder's Nest. One of the NPCs inside the Ward will ask you if you want to search for an item. Choose search, and then it breaks it down by ward. Most wards are pretty self explanatory, but can get muddled when looking for ingredients for stuff. Lower, Middle and Upper Tailor's Ward represents the level spread of gear so you'll get the same type of gear, just different levels with that. Heavy armor is all in the same ward regardless of level. I believe Lower goes up to 20, Middle is 20 to 40, and Upper is 41+.

That was a very quick glance over, but hopefully that will give you a better idea of what's going on. If it made it more confusing, I apologize.

Edit: Oh and DRG. At level 30 you can take on the job quests. Use Eorzapedia for that, hopefully it's updated. If not, you can ask here. That being said, you're still a ways off and there's nothing in particular right now you need to do to prepare for DRG.

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Erk! New thread.

So yeah. Breaking off horns from Aldgoats. Is it possible to do with WHM/BLM with magic or do I need some sorta physical job to crack those horns off?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Magic can't incapacitate, so if it's required that you incap, then you're out of luck on a mage job. I haven't bothered to try to get Aldgoat horns, so I can't say whether or not you need to incapacitate their head to get them, but I think you do.

Are Paladins in such disadvantage when it comes to threat that they better equip Enmity+ rings?
    I was planning to wear some VIT+ ones, but I checked more than one PLD geared for threat.

-There are no +enmity rings
    -It's Hate, not Threat
    -No, PLD isn't at a disadvantage when it comes to generating hate, on single targets they're better than WAR (yes PLD has AoE Flash but SC and Overpower are better when dealing with multiple targets)
    -Stonewall earring, Coral Armillae +1, multi-melding +enmity to waist (+30 min, 40+ is bettter), sentinel's sabatons, and Thormoen's Purpose are good places to get +enmity without much wasted potential (PLD AF is not worth using aside from the body sometimes). It can be melded to weapon as well but there's a lot of useful stuff that can be melded to weapon.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Where does the darklight gear come from?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Various chests in Aurum Vale and Cutter's Cry. Possibly just the boss chests? I haven't done the dungeons much.

Instanced Raids. Cutter's Cry and Aurum Vale.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Various chests in Aurum Vale and Cutter's Cry. Possibly just the boss chests? I haven't done the dungeons much.
    Yeah only the chests that drop after defeating Chimera and Miser.

Is there a way to hide the cursor when using the hardware mouse?

I play with a controller and since I seldom use the mouse for the game I leave it on software so it's not hanging around on the screen, would be nice to have the option of the hardware mouse but it's annoying to have to constantly drag it to the edge of the screen every time I change windows or nudge the mouse pad.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks, also what's up with items having +1, like dodo skin +1? Does it even do anything special besides NPC for a bit more?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy Kong View Post
    Thanks, also what's up with items having +1, like dodo skin +1? Does it even do anything special besides NPC for a bit more?
    Starts the quality in synthesis off higher. Before you achieve 300 quality during synthesis an item cannot be HQ'd, if you start synthesis with nothing but HQ ingredients you start with 500 quality (7% HQ rate) as opposed to 0 quality.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 190 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast