Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hacked or POL error?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Hacked or POL error?

I keep my char generally logged on all day. I also have a seperate bazaar char i keep logged to sell shit. When i was laggy i logged my mule and upon successful logout i was prompted with something that said my pol password has since been changed. Was 8am after a long day of worked i just figured...well i dunno what i figured but iw ent to sleep with my main logged in.
    Today i jumped on and after a few min of doing nothing i decided to give my computer a rest and logged off and remembered the pw thingy. I tried to log in my mule and it then stated my password had indeed changed. Immediately i logged in to my main after a min of being logged of and sure enough that password is changed also.
    For whatever reason i think its a pol thing and am not to worried about being hacked but its just pretty strange. I assume if i had been hacked that i would have been kicked at any given moment as both char have been logged in for the last 4 days continuously but it seems somehow both my pw have been changed whilst i was still playing and logged into the game.
    Since my char has not been logged in...
    Any thoughts?

I had a friend try to log in from another terminal but it still says changed. I used another account i have lying around to log in and it works fine. I also have done a few full scans and my computer was deemed clean. Im kinda stumped and waiting til tomorrow morning to call.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by savageboy View Post
    I keep my char generally logged on all day. I also have a seperate bazaar char i keep logged to sell shit. When i was laggy i logged my mule and upon successful logout i was prompted with something that said my pol password has since been changed. Was 8am after a long day of worked i just figured...well i dunno what i figured but iw ent to sleep with my main logged in.
    Today i jumped on and after a few min of doing nothing i decided to give my computer a rest and logged off and remembered the pw thingy. I tried to log in my mule and it then stated my password had indeed changed. Immediately i logged in to my main after a min of being logged of and sure enough that password is changed also.
    For whatever reason i think its a pol thing and am not to worried about being hacked but its just pretty strange. I assume if i had been hacked that i would have been kicked at any given moment as both char have been logged in for the last 4 days continuously but it seems somehow both my pw have been changed whilst i was still playing and logged into the game.
    Since my char has not been logged in...
    Any thoughts?

I had a friend try to log in from another terminal but it still says changed. I used another account i have lying around to log in and it works fine. I also have done a few full scans and my computer was deemed clean. Im kinda stumped and waiting til tomorrow morning to call.
    Thats pretty weird man, GL getting it back.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Leave the jews out of this.

Edit: This makes absolutely no sense with the new thread title.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Actually, I got a DC the other day, and on trying to log back in, I got a PW has changed error. I nearly had a heart attack. So I logged out of POL then relogged as soon as I could and got back in....

Kind of a weird error indeed. Don't know if it's part of the new security measures being implemented or not, but after I made sure that everything was ok with my character I shut down, and cleaned the piss out of my computer. Anti Virus didn't find anything, and I personally went through every file in Sys32 just to make sure. Don't know what to tell you.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i posted this in the list of hacked chars thread:

on thursday night my roommate found that he could not logon and his id/pw was incorrect.
    on friday morning, we call pol, get pw reset, and nothing was taken, character wasn't even moved.
    later on friday evening, my other irl friend found that he could not logon and his id/pw was incorrect, he called pol and got his pw reset, and him too had nothing taken or moved.

my roommate and other irl friend both use firefox+noscript, have updated flash, never goto somepage, ect. and have scanned with AVG to find nothing suspicious.

I regularly use both of their characters (in addition to mine and another character), so it's possible that I was the leak, but my character and my 4th account hasn't been touched yet. I also use firefox,noscript,ect ect ect, and avg turned up nothing.
    so yeah, my friends and I have scanned the crap out of our computers and can't find anything remotely dangerous. but i'm kinda excited to hear that we're not the only ones this is happening too, maybe there's some error going on here.

i'm going to change the title of the thread to get better attention/reception.

I had this same thing happen last July. Tried to login got the wrong pw prompt, frantically called SE to have the PW reset and when I got back on nothing was missing or anything.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

friend also had same encounter

she R0ed and dc and cant log back because pw incorrect

we all thought she was hacked so she immediately logged into other ID, called GM and the GM locked her "hacked" account (JP GM -_-, wish NA GM that fast too) within minutes.

the next day she got back acct and still at same place she r0ed

so i dont think its hacked. more prolly a "glitch"

since we all know RMT acts fast and prolly sold her everything and migrated, and i dont think GM can roll back ID that fast

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

it's interesting... i didn't include this in my original story, but the day that both of my friends had their pw incorrect, i was logged on as them... and i'm on vacation leeching someone's wireless router, and i have a really weak signal with constant r0 and dc'ing, so this is all making sense

Any resolution to this? Having the same problem after the last Registration Maintenance myself.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

call gm

lock acct if u think is hack and not dc error

get them investigate

get acct back

3 of my friends encountered this already and got acct back

all char not moved at all so must be a glitch

Ended up being hacked. Player selling my items exact match [ http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1304823&sid=13 ]

I'll be back though art going to get my account rolled back. Cannot find anything on my pc that would have allowed it to be hacked however. Had the same password for almost 2 years now. Guess it was time for a change.

On a side note, to get account back I needed the name I originally signed my POL ID to. Needless to say it was not my name. Was of opposite sex and hispanic origin. Had to spend 45 minutes guessing the name > . > They say you can never change this. Everything else on my account was verified and had never changed except for this one name. He said many people who originated from PS2 have had this exact same problem.

In the end SE fails, but at least I am getting everything back.