+ Reply to Thread
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

PS3 controller on windows 10 help

It seems my PS3 controller won't work on Steam's Dark Souls 3 when I try to use it. I tried using the SCP and Better DS3 tools, but they don't seem to recognize my controller. I can see my controller in the control panel. I'm trying to not use Motioninjoy due to what people are saying about it.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That is totally weird. I just looked up the wiki on that game and it was released this year, so should have no Dinput vs XInput issues..

That said, have you tried SCP Server Reloaded? That's a newer version and may be compatible with more games. Give it a whirl, I haven't found anything it don't like yet, tho I don't have Dark Souls 3, so I can't say for that game. If you have to, check that forum for a direct input wrapper in case they were really dumb, I have to do that with FFXI. This is what I use for FFXI. Make sure you follow the instructions. Only use that Dinput wrapper if you absolutely can't get it to work tho.

And yeah, stay away from MotionInJoy. It's now abandonware, sadly.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So i downloaded the link you gave.. installed everything and now my mouse and keyboard doesn't work

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yikes. Something wrong with your machine then..I use a USB kb and mouse and those two have never given me a lick of trouble even with that stuff installed. On windows 10, no less. Really. I hope you uninstalled all the old stuff you tried, too.

Can't say what could be freakin' wrong tho.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm having the same issue with my PS4 controller using Input Mapper/DS4. The problem there is that the software can't get exclusive access to the controller and can't hide the PS3/4 controller under a Xbox wrapper. Some people have success running scripts that kill explorer.exe, grab the controller exclusively, and then restart explorer.exe. I could not get this to work on my machine, however. Ended up caving in and buying a Xbox One controller...

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

One of the things that sometimes fixes SCP for me when it goes wrong is the force install tickbox ( I think thats what its called ), but thats generally when i'm dicking around with bluetooth - when I keep it wired I never have any problems.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've had no problem using a ps4 controller on either of my windows 10 pcs. Just using DS4windows. Always works first try. Wired on desktop and either wired or wireless Bluetooth on laptop. Less latency and issues than my Logitech wireless controller even.