+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flash on Ipad2?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Flash on Ipad2?

So one of my classmate's wife has an iPad2, and he asked me if I could find out if there's any way to get flash on it. I did a brief search and came across this article:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/18922...le_ipad_iphone

Though it doesn't seem to say which version should be installed or if it's even out yet (or possible release date).

Anyone have any insight on what they can do? As long as it runs flash it doesn't have to be an official version (ie an app that works around it or rooting it somehow etc.) Only thing is I need simple instructions as I don't have any iproduct outside of an ipod so couldn't test it/show it to him. He's not very tech savvy so it's something I'd have to pass to him in simple terms so he can pass it on to his wife.

Thanks in advance.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I don't think it's out yet. A few choices you have, and which you choose will depend on the type of flash you want to access. If it's just web-based video flash, you can try a browser like Skyfire. You can also try "Frash", a flash substitute on cydia that's buggy and doesn't work really well.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

skyfire charges for video now doesn't it? At least it tried to get me to when i used it last week.

I like iSwifter as a remote browser app to play flash content. Works quite well. It's free for 30 minutes so you can try and see if you like it.