Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    johndeer291

how do you unlink the token on your ffxi account?

sorry I know this been asked million times and i tried searching for it but couldnt find it. Thanks in advance.

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Do not lol, its the best source of security we have now, and after you unlink it your token will not be able to be used again. I you still want to unlink it, go to the SquareEnix Account Management link on Main page of Playonline, log in to your account and search for the unlink feature, you will be prompted for a Token number to unlink it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

its under security expansion. select security token usage settings and follow the instructions to remove it.

I removed mine because well, the fucking battery was going out on it. and SE said they wouldn't replace it and I'd have to shell out another 10$ to get a new one and I'm not about to do that.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Delete your SE account

I mean, don't. I spent several hours trying to get it reactivated, hurrr. once you delete your SE account you can't log onto your POL ID...which might be a good idea if you are getting hacked or something O_o

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    its under security expansion. select security token usage settings and follow the instructions to remove it.

I removed mine because well, the fucking battery was going out on it. and SE said they wouldn't replace it and I'd have to shell out another 10$ to get a new one and I'm not about to do that.
    Jesus, how many times a day do you use the damn thing? o.O

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Faulty batteries CAN happen

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

on a side note, if the token stops working, how do you get SE to send you a new one?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    on a side note, if the token stops working, how do you get SE to send you a new one?
    Same method you purchased the last one.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Hanyoko View Post
    Same method you purchased the last one.
    Not really if the token stops working before you unlink it..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If the token stops working, but it is still linked, you have to call the notorious playonline information center and verify information that proves you are the real account owner. I would be prepared with the credit card information and as many of your registration codes as possible.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you unlink it, do you lose mog satchel rights ingame?

Thanks.

Nhilist

Quote Originally Posted by ramp View Post
    Not really if the token stops working before you unlink it..
    This scenario rather sucks. Even if you are careful with the token (don't lose it, don't get it wet etc.) When it dies, you will theoretically be locked out of the game until they get a new one to you. I remember it taking about a week for me to get one, and over a month for some friends.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightjade View Post
    If you unlink it, do you lose mog satchel rights ingame?

Thanks.
    Nope, this is what some brought it for. Activate, get 80 slots, deactivate.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Nhilist View Post
    This scenario rather sucks. Even if you are careful with the token (don't lose it, don't get it wet etc.) When it dies, you will theoretically be locked out of the game until they get a new one to you. I remember it taking about a week for me to get one, and over a month for some friends.
    That's why I'm ordering a spare to keep, just in case something goes wrong.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Nhilist View Post
    Um, you shouldn't be locked out until a replacement arrives. You verify your identity to customer service and you have them unlink the account. That way you can play until the new one arrives, at which point you re-link.

Nhilist

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    Um, you shouldn't be locked out until a replacement arrives. You verify your identity to customer service and you have them unlink the account. That way you can play until the new one arrives, at which point you re-link.
    That makes sense, I had it my head that since you needed the token key to unlink the token key it would be the same to replace it, but if all you wanted to do to was to unlink it, that would only be done via the website, whereas to replace the token (not unlink it) will always require a call to customer service (Which is always and adventure unto itself).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post

Your battery was going out? Please to be explaining...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    If the token stops working, but it is still linked, you have to call the notorious playonline information center and verify information that proves you are the real account owner. I would be prepared with the credit card information and as many of your registration codes as possible.
    I haven't gone through and checked, but if the description above is correct then if your token stops working but you still have the token then you can deactivate it with the token number.

The bigger concern is losing the token really.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    I haven't gone through and checked, but if the description above is correct then if your token stops working but you still have the token then you can deactivate it with the token number.

The bigger concern is losing the token really.
    No you can't. I ran into an issue recently in which I lost my token and had to get a new one. SE was able to unlink my token from POL to let me log in; however, once I got my new token, I found out I couldn't use it because I had to deactivate the old one from my SE account. In order to do that you need both the token number and the one-time password from said token. So if the batteries die and you can't get a password from the token, you are boned.

So I ended up having to call SE again to have them remove the lost token from my SE account.

It was surprisingly painless to get it done. Just have all your info on hand and it should be taken care of. I got put on hold a couple of times during the process, but that was really about all the resistance I got.