1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 10 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -1 hours, -20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

What makes you keep playing?

I've been thinking about semi quitting for a while now simply because the game isisn't as fun anymore. It starting to get a chore to log on (like we have savage later and I really don't wanna go lol)

-As we said alot 3.0 is the same shit as 2.0
    -Imo Coil fights were much more fun then Alex
    -So many bad players that ruins the fun (wiping over and over because people don't wanna listen or get better is not fun)
    -People not showing to events without telling anyone, forcing people to cancel the run.
    -Crafting beeing useless exept for food and potions mostly

As for now i'm logging on to cap Eso then do savage then I just stay in town doing nothing.

I was thinking of maybe just subscribing for patch, do the patch unsub till next patch. But dunno anymore.

You people of BG, what makes you keep playing this game?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Friends. Sometimes the challenge of raids, but mostly friends.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Obligation to static/friends.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Friends/static (since its 5/8 friends) really. For me its so much much of the same old, its the fact that they made things worse in some regards in order to cater to that 1%

Cassalot

What keeps me playing is the hopes for 3.1! I would've unsubscribed before then like you're thinking about but I don't want to miss eso weekly cap.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Cassalot View Post
    What keeps me playing is the hopes for 3.1! I would've unsubscribed before then like you're thinking about but I don't want to miss eso weekly cap.
    Just as planned, bravo SE.

BG Level

What makes you keep playing?

Lol i know right?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

3.1 will be a big deal for a lot people I play with. Most everyone hates Alex so people are banking hard on airship fights which will lead to huge disappointment.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

never held a continuous sub for more than 2 months at a time; i'm content playing catch up and doing the current content then taking a couple months off.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Have mostly quit for now, playing here and there while waiting for 3.1 just to slowly get all jobs to 60 because I have a completist mentality.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    3.1 will be a big deal for a lot people I play with. Most everyone hates Alex so people are banking hard on airship fights which will lead to huge disappointment.
    Yeah, kind of why I lol every time I visit the OF and people are treating it as if it's something amazing and brand new to the game and anyone who says "it's like 2.0" needs to "go back to XI" or "stop being shortsighted" like...

It's glorified Airship Adventures. It's crystal Tower. It's an unedited version of Singularity Reactor that 90% of the community will rage quit on after 1 wipe and it's more story that goes nowhere besides: "HEY WE'RE ALL ALIVE. HI. Ok see you in 3.2."

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

unsubed like 3 weeks ago or so? too much of 3.0 was like 2.0, there was nothing gamechanging implemented.

Cassalot

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Yah I really don't like savage. But because I don't, the game is that much more boring. I just do roulettes, level jobs and craft/gather.

BG Level

And that's why I keep saying to people that even if you have legacy pricing, this game cost actually more then XI lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

PVP. Its a destresser for me. I get back from a 10-15 hour work day and just que. Fell cleave a few SMNs and I'm good. Once I find a good PS4 or Xbox game, I'm likely to quit and never look back.

Had high hopes for 3.0, but it seems SE is no longer capable of innovation and all future patches will be a recycle of old ideas. To me, its sad to see that MMO's will never be what they once were. But I guess its a blessing. I started playing XI when I was 23 years old. I'm 36 now. time to move on.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Friends. I like being hooked into my old XI friend group again.

Savage is ass. My static broke up, and I don't really care.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

weekly caps. as a completionist shit drives me mad if i fall behind.

free company; been with them since 1.0 and they're why i stick around mostly beyond my own inability to walk away.

game's pretty meh though if i'm honest. i find myself looking forward to going afk when i'm working on currencies. scrips just feel so unrewarding that i've grown to dislike the current game. high hopes for 3.1 are another reason i guess. i always find the x.1 x.3 etc patches are the best and most fun/engaging. at the moment i feel like i'm "forced" to sit here for however many days. 1-2 for eso, 2-3 for scrips, and by that time it's almost reset again. it feels too stuffy and a lazy effort to keep you subbed for fear of being way, way behind since now there are 3 instead of 1 to worry about.

i just can't get behind savage. most players are only going to see turns 1/2 until some serious nerfs come around. i've been on a3s forever, and while i'm sure i could haul off to a more HC static and do it, the game has just made me not give a shit.

the expansion in general just feels like a step backwards to the core of the system, and that's the most depressing part. now i'm wondering if and when ffxiv will be fun again.

Self-loathing.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    weekly caps. as a completionist shit drives me mad if i fall behind.

free company; been with them since 1.0 and they're why i stick around mostly beyond my own inability to walk away.

game's pretty meh though if i'm honest. i find myself looking forward to going afk when i'm working on currencies. scrips just feel so unrewarding that i've grown to dislike the current game. high hopes for 3.1 are another reason i guess. i always find the x.1 x.3 etc patches are the best and most fun/engaging. at the moment i feel like i'm "forced" to sit here for however many days. 1-2 for eso, 2-3 for scrips, and by that time it's almost reset again. it feels too stuffy and a lazy effort to keep you subbed for fear of being way, way behind since now there are 3 instead of 1 to worry about.

i just can't get behind savage. most players are only going to see turns 1/2 until some serious nerfs come around. i've been on a3s forever, and while i'm sure i could haul off to a more HC static and do it, the game has just made me not give a shit.

the expansion in general just feels like a step backwards to the core of the system, and that's the most depressing part. now i'm wondering if and when ffxiv will be fun again.
    Pretty much sums it up

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

i didn't win yet