Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

142 wins later DIabolos just lost the astral candescence

To undead swarm. 300 people in zone and everyone was just asking for teleports or asking about megabosses....

Meanwhile I was shouting position of one general and his HP.. General soandso 80%... 70%.. 50%... dead.
    Protect the last general @<pos>... dead...
    Don't gang up on skeletons near mages and generals... kite them away... nope.

oh well, at least the pressure is off, still I wish people would actually remember to protect and cure generals. A single person with voke could kite unclaimed mobs away from generals or groups... And a single cure5 could often save a general =P

Not sure which servers are left with no losses yet, but Diabolos just fell today if someone wants to go update the list. Also anybody from Diabolos, go rescue it.

Undead are the absolute worst fucking mobs to face in Besieged. Remember when you were first leveling in Garlaige and some jackass would train a fallen evacuee to the zone? Blood Soul X2-400 is just absurd.

Has anyone not lost to the Undead Swarm? It seems that more and more these are always the first of the hordes to steal the candesance.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Credos
    Undead are the absolute worst fucking mobs to face in Besieged. Remember when you were first leveling in Garlaige and some jackass would train a fallen evacuee to the zone? Blood Soul X2-400 is just absurd.

Has anyone not lost to the Undead Swarm? It seems that more and more these are always the first of the hordes to steal the candesance.
    Quetzalcoatl hasn't lost to the swarm, the Mamools usually rape us the most.

The undead arent that bad. On WHM/NIN (with Acc+30) I can do like 300 to 700 dmg with Hexa Strike, and a pretty decent TPing Acc. Blood Soul sure suck alot, but people need to stop being stupid, and stop crowding the Skeletons.

Try doing Besieged against the Mamools... Definitly cant touch them... Acc+45 on RDM/NIN and Joyeuse (and spamming Dispel), and my Acc was around 5%...

Trolls have huge Defense, and I often hit for 0 (when I manage to touch them...). So far, Valefor hasnt lost a Besieged, and we're a pretty small server.

When I think SE said "People want more strategy for Besieged", I wonder who they asked... Yea, when they're going to change Besieged, Im sure we will lose our first Besieged ever...

Banned.

BG Level

Could be worst, you could be on Midgardsormr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie

The undead arent that bad. On WHM/NIN (with Acc+30) I can do like 300 to 700 dmg with Hexa Strike, and a pretty decent TPing Acc. Blood Soul sure suck alot, but people need to stop being stupid, and stop crowding the Skeletons.
    Since when has there been a mob mentality that was intelligent? People for the most part are fucking sheep in groups greater than 10.

What strategies do other servers use to beat back the undead? Typically on Sylph it just seems very unorganized, with everyone from Galka SMN to TT SAM trying to melee the skeletons.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Phoenix is still going strong, but the undead swarm gets very close to fucking
    us over every time...usually get down to 1-2 generals. When will people learn NOT to fucking fight the skeletons...

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

I hope all those stupid fuckers that yawn after a besieged feel really stupid now. Same to all the assholes who have 75s available that come on their level 50 job for skill ups and 700 XP. If I can't find info about getting the AC back from undead, I'm gonna post here asking... so stay tuned!

To people who have recovered the AC. Do you have to build up wins again for all of the bonuses to max out again or are they full when you first recover it?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon
    To people who have recovered the AC. Do you have to build up wins again for all of the bonuses to max out again or are they full when you first recover it?
    You have to max it out again.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Can't find the NMs atm, but I did find 3 prisoners, one is Shihu-Danhu in the guarded cells at H-8 of this map in arrapago.

I found the info on how to recover and where though, here is a link:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/ ... andescence

First BC

If your party wants to save time, take the Dvucca Isle staging point prior to the undead swarm besieged. If your server loses that besieged, you can simply head WSW in a straight forward path to the reef zone at F-9 and be at the area where the mobs drop key items.
    All party members should have Merrow No. 17's Locket and gear/food that enhances Resist Charm if possible.
    Enter the main Arrapago Reef zone from the Mire, and head west towards the map that is marked "B"
    You will continue heading in a due west pattern on this new map, head towards the map that is marked "C".
    Once in this map, hug the left wall. You will eventually find a zone to the mire that leads to Duvca Isle. (Note, on this map, you may opt to head to the mire zone at F-6 instead to the zone that puts you on Duvca Isle. If you do, you will zone into a different part of the Mire. Just head due south and you will find another zoneline. You will be on the same map of the Reef, but on the north end instead of the south end.)
    After zoning, hug the right wall. You will find a new zoneline to the Reef at G-9.
    Once you zone, go north. All the mobs here will detect through sneak and invisible. This is the camp for the key items, as those mobs will drop them. You may set up camp at either zoneline, or by the BCNM location. The key items are Merrow Homunculus and Lamia Homunculus.
    The BCNM location is on H-8 on that map.
    Second BC

Zone into Arrapago from Caedarva as you would for the PUP or COR quest.
    Past the first boat head through the Iron Gate at (J-9). A Lamian Fang Key or THF with tools is necessary
    Head West to (F-10 and the next Map)
    Head to I-11. If you have not picked up the two key items on the way, do so now. If you hear a message involving a woman singing, this is the right way.
    Use the Merrow Homonculus to enter this gate (and new map) and head SW towards (G-9) for a new map.
    From here head south until you reach an open area. Head either East or west as this area is basically a ring of land. there will be an entrance at either (H-9) or (I-9) and you will see the Tidal Gate. Lamia and possibly Lamia Idolaters near the entrance are True Sight
    The 3 NM are Lamiae:
    Lamia No. 24 (BLM)
    Lamia No. 19 (WAR)
    Lamia No. 11 (RNG)
    Kill the mobs, if possible, in that order. It has been reported once Lamia No. 24 is down, the other 2 Lamiae will go down quickly. Lamia No. 11 is known to stand and shoot, but is immune to sleep.
    The fastest the AC been recovered here was approximately 4H 20M since beastmen took it.

The first time ifrit lost the AC was to undead, the second was to mamool ja (thanks mijin gakure). We've had 2 very close calls since last week including a 45 minute epic against the undead with just 250 people in zone, and a fight on Sunday against the mamool ja with around 300 in zone.

By the way you not only have to max out your sanction bonuses again but the besieged battles after your AC is recovered will be lower level again, and slowly rise back up to level 5. So stealing it back cripples the beastmen somewhat as well. Also note: when you get Shihu-Danhu back, he's gonna be shooting you off to random shitty locations in qufim/sauro/batallia/rolanberry instead of the normal places, until you recover the AC. So instead of the one minute run you have about 5-7 minute run to jeuno.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Valefor is still undefeated i believe.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Can't find the NMs atm, but I did find 3 prisoners, one is Shihu-Danhu in the guarded cells at H-8 of this map in arrapago.
    Do you have a good map of this? I always want to rescue prisoners but I have no idea where they all are.

Quote Originally Posted by thestalkmore
    They should make it so that if you have 500 consecutive wins, everyone gets a free E. Body abjuration as a "thank you" from the empire.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    They should make it so that if you have 500 consecutive wins, everyone gets a free E. Body abjuration as a "thank you" from the empire.
    What would you do with an E.Body on your Thief Kalia 8)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by genome

I found the info on how to recover and where though, here is a link:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/ ... andescence

First BC

If your party wants to save time, take the Dvucca Isle staging point prior to the undead swarm besieged. If your server loses that besieged, you can simply head WSW in a straight forward path to the reef zone at F-9 and be at the area where the mobs drop key items.
    All party members should have Merrow No. 17's Locket and gear/food that enhances Resist Charm if possible.
    Enter the main Arrapago Reef zone from the Mire, and head west towards the map that is marked "B"
    You will continue heading in a due west pattern on this new map, head towards the map that is marked "C".
    Once in this map, hug the left wall. You will eventually find a zone to the mire that leads to Duvca Isle. (Note, on this map, you may opt to head to the mire zone at F-6 instead to the zone that puts you on Duvca Isle. If you do, you will zone into a different part of the Mire. Just head due south and you will find another zoneline. You will be on the same map of the Reef, but on the north end instead of the south end.)
    After zoning, hug the right wall. You will find a new zoneline to the Reef at G-9.
    Once you zone, go north. All the mobs here will detect through sneak and invisible. This is the camp for the key items, as those mobs will drop them. You may set up camp at either zoneline, or by the BCNM location. The key items are Merrow Homunculus and Lamia Homunculus.
    The BCNM location is on H-8 on that map.
    Second BC

Zone into Arrapago from Caedarva as you would for the PUP or COR quest.
    Past the first boat head through the Iron Gate at (J-9). A Lamian Fang Key or THF with tools is necessary
    Head West to (F-10 and the next Map)
    Head to I-11. If you have not picked up the two key items on the way, do so now. If you hear a message involving a woman singing, this is the right way.
    Use the Merrow Homonculus to enter this gate (and new map) and head SW towards (G-9) for a new map.
    From here head south until you reach an open area. Head either East or west as this area is basically a ring of land. there will be an entrance at either (H-9) or (I-9) and you will see the Tidal Gate. Lamia and possibly Lamia Idolaters near the entrance are True Sight
    The 3 NM are Lamiae:
    Lamia No. 24 (BLM)
    Lamia No. 19 (WAR)
    Lamia No. 11 (RNG)
    Kill the mobs, if possible, in that order. It has been reported once Lamia No. 24 is down, the other 2 Lamiae will go down quickly. Lamia No. 11 is known to stand and shoot, but is immune to sleep.
    The fastest the AC been recovered here was approximately 4H 20M since beastmen took it.
    I don't think that lamia 19 is a war. I think that lamia 19 is a corsair. It's 2hr is Wild Card, not mighty strikes.

Also, important to know, is that #11 likes to use charmga. Alot. Also I'd suggest killing 11 first, not 24, since 24 and 19 are ES+Sleepable and 11 is not.

Lamia No. 19 is in the BCNM? That's odd:

Lamia No.19

Marked by a tag buried within her body, this creature is known to be the nineteenth experiment in a series of original chimera creations. Leading a strike force of undead minions, Lamia No.19 has been threatening Imperial Army supply routes along the coast of the Arrapago Reef with frequent hit-and-run attacks.

Eyewitnesses claim to have seen her appear after large-scale battles, and stop to tap each corpse with her staff--information that may prove useful in locating this elusive adversary.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    What would you do with an E.Body on your Thief Kalia 8)
    He's a blacksmith.

I know he is 8). My point is: Thief can't equip Adaman Hauberk. Neither can BLM, if he's still leveling it? lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Lamia No. 19 is in the BCNM? That's odd:

Lamia No.19

Marked by a tag buried within her body, this creature is known to be the nineteenth experiment in a series of original chimera creations. Leading a strike force of undead minions, Lamia No.19 has been threatening Imperial Army supply routes along the coast of the Arrapago Reef with frequent hit-and-run attacks.

Eyewitnesses claim to have seen her appear after large-scale battles, and stop to tap each corpse with her staff--information that may prove useful in locating this elusive adversary.
    I thought so too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast