Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If there was a restart     submit to reddit submit to twitter

If there was a restart

I was just thinking about returning to the game, I left shortly after ToAU was released. I decided not to since a lot of stuff has changed but it got me thinking. What if SE started a new server from complete scratch that you could join where everyone started off @ lvl 1 again. Would you do it? I know I would and would actually keep me playing the game for another 5 years. Kind of like Diablo 2 when they would start a new ladder season.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Re: If there was a restart

On a new character maybe, definitely not on my current one, too many items that I never want to attempt to obtain again (Macha's coat/slops, duelist chapeau, MANDAU etc).

I wouldn't want to start from zero again in this game.

I hate replaying (as in grinding) RPGs besides very few exceptions. I actually have a second character from an account that a friend left to me, his character couldn't be restored unfortunately but I started a new one and leveled whm75 in it, not having missions done, and having to redo them is really a pain I'm not looking forward to.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

(Above poster) Sometimes doing stuff like that is a pain in the ass but it has a nice nostalgia effect in the end. If you do the stuff a second time you could also do it without 3 months waiting for new missions and forgetting all the CSs.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

dont forget the horrible horrible failure rates as people throw Xp at missions trying to find an optimal strategy.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

What? Xp loss in mission BCNM is a thing of the past, unless you were talking about that then nvm.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

If I could go back in time and play from when the game started I think it'd be fun, but restarting on a fresh server? Nah. I don't have the kind of time to dedicate to grinding that I used to, plus I already have my (small) niche in the current economy and wouldn't want to figure out a new way to make gil.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I would do this on a new character but only for one reason, I joined the game a bit later (EU release) and I'd like to play the game with a very early economy to see how it develops.

Though I suspect an ally of taru blm's would somehow manage to go through the game playing 24/7 killing everything and selling vast quantities of drops for rl money right up until the point that a legitimate group of 18 players or so also hit 75 and start doing the same thing.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah I was talking about the nostalgia aspect. cop wouldn't be the same without the after snoll binge drinking or the 'fuck yes we beat airship and i only deleveled to 60 from 62 because of a retard' coke orgy.

No sir, not the same at all.

FUCK NO.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I question the people who start a 2nd character from scratch, rather than lvln another job. Who the hell wants to do all the quests/missions again, get all that ra/ex gear, all the titles, etcetc. If you wanna be nostalgic, just go rewatch cutscenes from the goblins in order, help noobs go through the missions/quests, or lvl another job and act like you have no gil or something.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Eh, no. I wouldn't mind resetting my job level to 1 but thinking about going through bullshit lists for Valor Surcoat, Homam gear, Haidate, Shadow Mantle, and other shit just makes me want to kill myself. Most of that shit isn't that rare now, but back when I got it, it was and it would be that way on a new server too. Not to mention Hauteclaire and Ares's Cuirass. Yuck!

Banned.

BG Level

I'd do it IF AND ONLY IF I could find 5 other people that can play when I play and with similar interests.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I would restart from scratch if I could go back in time, but just imagine now with all that you need to do, ZM, Cop, ToAU mission, assault rank, DM, Standard mission, quest, omg, just thinking about it make me go mad. If I got hacked, I would most likely stop the game, or maybe buy an acc similar to the one I had previously.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

I've tried making lowbie characters on different servers than my own like 4-5 times now. I always forget about them and keep playing my main. I don't mind doing the missions over again, not even CoP or Captain rank, or anything - I just can't stand the freakin' exp grind!

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    FUCK NO.
    Couldn't agree with this more. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but I can't stand the thought or grinding all my jobs back up to 75. Also trying to reobtain some of my gear, I just don't want to go through that again. Now if I could start on a brand new just opened server I might consider that, but I still doubt it.

I'm talkin about a new server where EVERYONE starts over @ lvl 1. Would be cool for me, I would actually start a craft this time and it would be a mad rush to see who could get to aery first hehe. I just think that it would leave all the bullshit out because there are multiple end game things to do and lots of places to exp at. I wouldn't mind it at all but I can see how people with relics and shit wouldn't want to. Rarest piece of equiptment I had when I played was Bard's Roundlet :-/

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Had a similar convo like this in another thread not too long ago.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33968