Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enspells on Temperance?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sharingaan

Enspells on Temperance?

I've recently been thinking of different ways to take down temperance with 2-4 players and I had the thought of having two RDM/NIN tanks on it with Bio/Poison for DoTs and wearing it down also with enspells. I know it's immune to direct magic damage, but would enspells fall into that category too?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

BLU's rip this thing a new one. I'm sure i remember reading about 2 BLU/NIN tanking/dding this thing with support, you can also kite it to a zone, do a BLU could dd > zone and have a 2 RDMs hold it? would mean giving up the [] room though =/

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Enspells are direct magic damage.

Warrior Tank
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

You want a WAR (maybe 2 to keep up full time) with 5/5 Tomahawk. Then you can do as much damage of whatever type you want to it.

Or for 2-4 person strats, corsairs since it's not immune to quickdraw.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

NIN and RDM can duo, don't exactly know the strat. Maybe thorny will chime in with that later.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/53455...emperence.html

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    NIN and RDM can duo, don't exactly know the strat. Maybe thorny will chime in with that later.
    Nin holds and/or kites, rdm DoTs it to death. Not really that complex ;0

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Those are all interesting methods. I've seen some LS mates duo temperance on Rdm though, and the boring but successful method is:

*stand on opposite sides of the pit, buffed rdm/nin
    *poison/bio
    *trade hate by casting barspells

So basically you get a nice thin hate line. When it runs to rdm A and is about to whack away at his shadows, rdm B starts barring up until it runs his way. Then rdm A does the same; rinse and repeat.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

NIN + RDM works the same as RDM + RDM, just stand on sides and bounce hate back and forth while DoTing it to death. Adding a COR or BLU will increase kill time by a whoooole lot and I would recommend it just so you don't die of boredom >_>

Only annoying part is Optic Induration, which it'll use in blunt mode. It'll always use it twice, and it resets hate, so just gravity and kite. Should be able to be out of range for the second one. Also annoying when it uses Meikyo Shisui. Again, just gravity and kite.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have first-hand experience and I can say that two RDM/NIN can bring down Temp (That was exhilirating, eh Arael?). We had a BLM with us who kept up Elemental DoTs and a WHM who showed up over halfway through to assist with stonas and support cure if things went bad.

Only the BLM died, and only once, because he was /RDM and pulled hate a few times from spot curing.

EDIT: It took somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes to kill with DoTs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Usually when low manning it me and a friend start out both as rdm/nin and do the bouncing method mentioned above.. Then once we pop it get some friends to come out smn/nin and stand near the rdms and BP it (titan owns in blunt mode).

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

did temp up with rdm dot to the portal and smn BPs after unclaim outside portal door. more than enough time to port down while the avatar dies

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

yea a blu and rdm duo it zoning it on my server. im almost positive they have something modded to avoid the menu at the portal, since they never ever get event skipped. i know its possible to time it right, but not everytime like this... they never got event skipped.

does anyone know about this?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

yea a blu and rdm duo it zoning it on my server. im almost positive they have something modded to avoid the menu at the portal, since they never ever get event skipped. i know its possible to time it right, but not everytime like this... they never got event skipped.

does anyone know about this?
    I've seen this done as well, and as far as I know it's an ffxiapp function.

If there is some other way of doing this that I'm not aware of, I'd love to hear it.

Edit: going to echo what others have said here and say that 2x RDM can do this. I've done it personally and it's important to keep a thin hate line so hate isn't on one person for long because temp shreds shadows and hits fairly hard.