Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFXI Memories     submit to reddit submit to twitter

FFXI Memories

I'm bored at work and was recalling the early days of my FFXI career and how I ended up on the Bahamut Server. Since I am so bored, I am going to share.

My FFXI story:

Me and my friend Kevin used to share a Mithra character on Quetzalcoatl server that we would play/level at work. His fiancee, Jenn, got a job as a POS software designer and they became aquainted with Ondori. Ondori would always tell stories about endgame FFXI & BG and would try to convince them to join Bahamut server and try to get to 75 so they could team up. Taking Ondori's advice, Kevin and I created seperate characters on Bahamut. His character was a RDM named Shaede, and my character was a WHM named Keinn.

Our original goal was to be more skillful at our jobs than anyone else on the server, get to 75, and eventually join Ondori in the ranks of BG. When our characters were around level 60, Shaede grew tired of the EXP grind that comes with playing FFXI. Sadly, one level before he could equip his RDM hat, he quit and converted over to WoW where he now has a 60 Rouge. I was sad to see him go, but I continued to play and eventually got my WHM to 75. Our original goal of trying to join BG at 75 sort of became obsolete without Shaede there to share it with, so I ended up joining a linkshell named 'Priory of Sion' where I am currently still am. Its comfy here. :D

It's been a long time. Soon I will start taking my third job to 75, but it seems like only yesterday that I was a 30WHM and doing my first Promy run with Shaede and Ondori. (We wiped to the boss and Shaede got yelled at by Joft.. lol Good times. Wish I took screenshots. )

Here is an old comic in memory of Shaede the RDM:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...er/rdmpimp.jpg

That comic is just...

LOL
    That comic reminds me of this one time i went out drinking with my friend Jeremy. Jeremy was.... short for his age (i dont want to call him a midgit or dwarf but he was realllly short).
    We ended up getting arrested because he flashed just about every woman in the bar and i ended up having to break the arms of the boyfriends so they wouldnt kill him.

Akiro

I dont remember you in PoS

Quote Originally Posted by Akiro
    I dont remember you in PoS :(
    I remember you though. I was a little busy from June to July (trying to convince immigration to let my wife stay in the country) so I couldnt play much, but you joined right before that time. :)

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

I miss the old days sometimes. I started on Alexander when I was working at Software ETC in the mall back home. One of my asst. managers was a taru and bought me a world pass to Bahamut. Back then, everyone I worked with and some of my customers were on Bahamut, and I made a LS for us called KoopaTroopa.

Everyone has quit now except for me.. my old store manager logs on once a month to cook or something lol. I hate it when people quit

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    I hate it when people quit
    Me too ; ;

Shaede, Oranul, Gleek.. gonna miss those guys.