+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 Body Problem     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

3 Body Problem

Anyone watch this? Dropped on March 21st on Netflix and I find it weird that there is no thread about it given all the "buzz" going around, at least here in Brazil, though I understand it was a worldwide release.

Granted, I haven't been to BG in a really long time, so am I missing something? Lol

Or is just not popular in the US because China is evil?

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Someone told me it was fantastic the other day but I haven't watched it yet myself.

BG Level

i've had a couple friends watch it but the biggest issue for most people i know is no one has forgiven D&D for the Games of Thrones ending

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's kinda where I've been. I've heard from some people it's good, but I just can't trust those fucks.

I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually. GoT was good while they had material to work with, and with this they're obviously working with already existing material

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Read the book series, love it and still think about it a lot.

The show is okay, only held up because the books plot is so well done, however in typical show fashion they made a lot of changes that were jarring for me, mainly how they split the main character in the first book into multiple show characters for reasons unknown. They also change the main/first antagonist from the first book into a much weaker written character when they really didn't have to. They do many other changes as well, as one does in this type of show, but I really don't think they're ever for the better.

Still though the plot is fucking tits and I recommend everyone read it, and I'm sure if they follow through on a season 2 people will still enjoy it for the TWISTS

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

This show was discussed in the streaming thread.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I finished watching it today, and not having read the books or watched GoT (I know), I didn"t really have any expectations going in, and I thought it was a great. Kind of a slow burn at first (which I didn't mind), but second half picks up the pace, imo.

I'm kinda irked netflix hasn't confirmed the next 3 seasons yet (read something about the 3rd book being split into two seasons), and I'm getting all sorts of Mindhunter vibes.

it will take an absolute shit ton of money to do the next two books because of how CGI heavy it will need to be. netflix really needs this to be a massive hit and i just dont know if this shows got the juice

Enjoyed it mostly, but it fizzled out near the end of the season. Also the VR headset looks like underwear, dumb design.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Watched 2nd episode and I am also hooked. Its also super popular around.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    it will take an absolute shit ton of money to do the next two books because of how CGI heavy it will need to be. netflix really needs this to be a massive hit and i just dont know if this shows got the juice
    Yeah I just don't know how they do the second and 3rd book without it looking like cheap CGI which hasn't worked out great for Netflix thus far.

There's a Chinese adaptation of the book, and I think they do a much better job of it. They spend 30 episodes on the first book; much more thorough.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

the space sail needed nanoscrews

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

It was good, I love it so much. Waiting for it to be released.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag