1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garuda (main story)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Garuda (main story)

Anyone take her out yet? It's the most challenging thing I've done so far and seems a bit tough for the main story.

Obviously hide behind the rocks when she teleports, then quick get away from the rocks so she doesn't knock them down with her 'random' target attack. Burn the feathers down when they pop asap to preserve the rocks.

Now when she does her big move, this is where I'm lost. I've had a few times where we've had nearly all the rocks up but even popping the tanks limit break I'm loosing like 70% of my hp, along with the whm. So if we didn't use the limit break we'd obviously die. Which makes me think this what they intended: for you to use the tanks limit break to survive while preserving the rocks.

Ok... now after you survive it gets dicey. Maybe it was because the last whm didn't have regen but he could not keep us all up. And even if we did survive there seems to be a time limit until she teleports and does that move that hits for 2k+(the one you have to hide behind the stones for). So I'm lost. It seems like you need to burn her down within 1-2 minutes after her big move, but you don't have a limit break to do it because you need the tanks limit break to survive.

Anyone have some insight?

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    she teleports and does that move that hits for 2k+(the one you have to hide behind the stones for).
    Move to the sides and as far away as possible when she teleports.

If you aren't the tank the only damage you should take is from Aerial Blast. If that's not the case, you're doing it wrong.

You need to physically hide behind the pillars to dodge her jumps while they are up.

When they are not up, she will do 2 moves: Mistral Shriek and Mistral Song.

Mistral Song she will stand in the middle, get behind her to dodge.

Mistral Shriek she will teleport to a side, run to the other edge to dodge.

This is identical information to 1.0

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Move to the sides and as far away as possible when she teleports.
    Boom. That helped after howling wind. lol

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    If you aren't the tank the only damage you should take is from Aerial Blast. If that's not the case, you're doing it wrong.

You need to physically hide behind the pillars to dodge her jumps while they are up.

When they are not up, she will do 2 moves: Mistral Shriek and Mistral Song.

Mistral Song she will stand in the middle, get behind her to dodge.

Mistral Shriek she will teleport to a side, run to the other edge to dodge.

This is identical information to 1.0
    Ok, wells he randomly attacks a person with something throughout the battle, except after aerial blast. Be it me, the whm, or the other dps, she randomly stops, turns, and throws some aoe thing at us. I don't have hate, she just does it. Even when the tank runs in and provokes, she targets him, then another person and attacks, then hits the tank again and focuses on him. Thanks for the tips thouugh. Just beat it with another group and it went very smooth. Didn't need the 2hr to survive her aerial blast.

Forgot about the random gust she does, still shouldn't die from that and looks like you didn't.

May be its time for Arcanist Carby to help ?

Does WHM stone skin everyone before AOE or Any with the sub class accessible?
    SCH AOE dmg reduce, Not sure that will help...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As SCH I tried to pop up stoneskin on whoever possible, but if the pillars didn't break too much, it's still not needed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    May be its time for Arcanist Carby to help ?

Does WHM stone skin everyone before AOE or Any with the sub class accessible?
    SCH AOE dmg reduce, Not sure that will help...
    It should if Aerial Blast doesn't bypass magic defenses.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Well SCH does have AOE SS but WHM got magic damage reduction mmmm lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Well SCH does have AOE SS but WHM got magic damage reduction mmmm lol
    SCH has AoE magic damage reduction with Eos.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And if you do it as SCH 45 you get the -10% damage barrier spell.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    SCH has AoE magic damage reduction with Eos.
    Yeah but iirc the recast is long

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I did it on duty finder today with a friend (I was MNK, he was SCH) didn't really have a hard time, died three times or so (and I died three times more during the last try thanks to getting hit by her melee-AoE followed by the targetted spell right after it, last one right after I got raised for the second time lol) until we got the knack of it and realizing you could avoid her last AoE attack by running out of the vortex, maybe we just got lucky we didn't get two retards since it was the first group we got.

Anyway, what we did was just hide behind rocks, kill the feathers asap, when she knocks all the rocks out she'll do a cone attack you can avoid easily by standing behind her while she casts it, for the last one we just ran to the edges of the area. I didn't find it overly complicated. the "hardest" part would be killing the feathers fast.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Yeah but iirc the recast is long
    It doesn't matter considering you shouldn't get hit by anything except Aerial Blast and that's when you should use it. SCH 45 can use that+ the barrier on top of Succor to keep the damage to a minimum.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just finished this on my gimp INT SCH (44 so no barrier) without too much trouble healing just a few deaths to get the fight (and a few wtf killed me moments). Pretty fun, never got a chance to fight her in 1.0 but definitely looking forward to hard modes now. Story is getting awesome.