+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tatoo     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tatoo

So going to the beach next week and thinking about getting a Tatoo since two o the people I am going with ate getting one. I've been thinking about it for awhile now so it's not just a spur I the moment type thing. So a few questions to the vetrans. 1) placement. It has to be as hidden as possible. I was originally thinking outer thigh since I could hide under swim trucks/shorts but quickly realized that would probably look retarded, so now I'm thinking chest (above heart) and just not go shirtless around the people I want to hide it from buy i am unsure how it would look after outing on more muscle under it. 2) going to be on the beach how do they do with salt water / sun light (directly after getting one) would it be better yo wait until the end of the trip? 3) I kind of want to get the phrase "no regrets" but can't seem to find a good laungage to get it it (Japanese/Chinese) but looks really long would rather perfer it to be short and simple. So any advice?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Don't get a tattoo then go to the beach.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Figured that would the the case, but was hoping otherwise, I'll get it at the end o the trip then

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hopefully your tattoo artist can spell a little better than you can.

Also, as already said, don't get a tattoo and go to the beach, very bad idea unless you plan to keep it completely covered. Even then, eh.

When it comes to placement, it's your tattoo on your body, that's kind of something you need to figure out on your own.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Thigh tattoos are pretty sexy for women imo. Don't get it if you're going to be exposing it to sun/sand/salt water in the near future.

If you're a guy go for chest/shoulder.

Obligatory:

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Hopefully your tattoo artist can spell a little better than you can.

Also, as already said, don't get a tattoo and go to the beach, very bad idea unless you plan to keep it completely covered. Even then, eh.

When it comes to placement, it's your tattoo on your body, that's kind of something you need to figure out on your own.
    Thank you, lol.

Out of curiosity, why get a tattoo if your main concern is hiding it? There is a bit of irony in wanting a "no regrets" tat, but being overly concerned about hiding it out of regret. If you arent even comfortable having one on you in every day life, are you sure you want something like that will be on you until the day you die? Get a shitty henna tattoo and just pump fake the entire time you are at the beach.

Cassalot

Going out in the direct sunlight in general after getting a tattoo is a big no-no. You have to treat it like a wound. Keep it lotioned. I use Aquaphor the first couple of days after getting tattooed, then switch to scentless lotion. It will flake, it will itch. The healing process is a bitch.

For placement.. Thats really up to you. Most people I know who don't want their tattoos shown have it done on their foot, their chest/back/hip or even the back of their neck if they have long hair.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    There is a bit of irony in wanting a "no regrets" tat, but being overly concerned about hiding it out of regret.
    Lmao, this is a really, really good point.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    Thank you, lol.

Out of curiosity, why get a tattoo if your main concern is hiding it? There is a bit of irony in wanting a "no regrets" tat, but being overly concerned about hiding it out of regret. If you arent even comfortable having one on you in every day life, are you sure you want something like that will be on you until the day you die? Get a shitty henna tattoo and just pump fake the entire time you are at the beach.
    It's not a matter of really wanting to hide it from the world more of my family. They are extremely traditional and hate them with a passion. Rather not deal with their bull shit every time I visit them. As or placement I'm more concerned about how muscle growth will affect it rather than the actual placement of it.

Also yes my spelling is horrible lol and the fact I'm on my phone doesn't helps matters at all

Cassalot

If you're /really/ that concerned about your family giving you shit I'd suggest not even getting a tattoo lol. I deal with people giving me shit on a regular basis regarding my tattoos.. You really just gotta be able to roll it off your shoulder and not give a shit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Cassalot View Post
    If you're /really/ that concerned about your family giving you shit I'd suggest not even getting a tattoo lol. I deal with people giving me shit on a regular basis regarding my tattoos.. You really just gotta be able to roll it off your shoulder and not give a shit.
    ^

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Also, explain the muscle growth thing if you dont mind. I still lift, run and work out now and actually had 2 shoulder tats as I entered my Freshman year at USC. I bring that up because I went there on a track scholarship and as youd expect from a collegiate sports program, we had a crazy weight and conditioning program and I never had ANY issues with "muscle growth" and nor did any of my teammates as far as I knew.

Not sure what you meant by that.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

get a moose

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

OP has to be joking right?

Jesus christ talk about the worst collection of cliches ever.

Yes, get a tatoo (lol) in an asian script you have no connection with (doesn't matter which one) saying something that is in direct opposition to how you should feel about it.

Wait

are you a hipster?

if so, well done. brilliant.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

If you can't spell tattoo, you shouldn't get one.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    If you can't spell tattoo, you shouldn't get one.
    the boobs are correct

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    the boobs are correct
    there's a tit for tat joke here somewhere

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    get a moose
    I can't believe it took that many posts for this suggestion.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes I'm a complete hipster lol. And I like Asian script looks, I've always been fascinated with Chinese/Japanese culture. And no I can't spell worth a shit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    OP has to be joking right?

Jesus christ talk about the worst collection of cliches ever.

Yes, get a tatoo (lol) in an asian script you have no connection with (doesn't matter which one) saying something that is in direct opposition to how you should feel about it.
    Ooh, ooh, maybe we'll see him here sometime :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast