BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexandrites     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Alexandrites

New Quota: 30000 Alexandrite

- Max drop from machinery: 3x(?)
    - Archaic Chariot drop: still 0!
    - Drop rate of singles improved only on targets that dropped singles pre-patch.

New Items:
    Ctn. Purse (Alx.)
    A miraculously preserved, ancient
    coin purse fashioned from cotton.
    It appears to contain a few pieces
    of alexandrite.

- 5-20 Alexandrites
    - Equipment NM drop (not 100%, or not 100% from all NMs)

Lin. Purse (Alx.)
    A miraculously preserved, ancient
    coin purse fashioned from linen.
    It appears to contain a considerable
    number of pieces of alexandrite.

- 60-99 Alexandrites
    - Boss Chariot drop (not 100%)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Re: Alexandrites

I've had double alexandrite drop on bhaf single gear @ 4th floor bhaflau, got like 6 alex's out of 10 kills

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva
    I've had double alexandrite drop on bhaf single gear @ 4th floor bhaflau, got like 6 alex's out of 10 kills
    higher than average based on our experiences.

after about two weeks worth of runs we're seeing about a 20% drop rate overall on single gears; that's across both arrapago and bhaflau (didn't see a real difference in drop rate between the zones) have seen double drop in bhaflau, once. (double drop evened out an otherwise low run) with TH3 most runs, TH4 on one or two - haven't noticed a big difference, about 1 more a run.

I would estimate drop rate on single gears to be about 15-25% after margin of error gets built in.

haven't seen a difference on triple gear rates in arrapago but we haven't killed enough to really say.

SSR rates seem much lower but we've only done it once so far since the patch added the drops; so not enough data.

haven't seen a drop from a reactionary rampart yet. we usually kill one a run so the data is too low for me to say they don't drop with confidence. (actually haven't confirmed a drop from any rampart yet; now that I think about it.)

mega's don't appear to drop - not surprised. again, haven't killed enough to say with confidence they can't.

I don't have screenshots of any of this- didn't think it was important to record it honestly ^^:

Without any treasure hunter, I'm seeing a 1 in 3 drop rate on the gears from 3F and 4F Silver Sea and 6F Zhayolm. We had a double alexandrite drop on 6F Zhayolm gears last night also without TH.

I've only seen one alexandrite drop from Fourth Rampart on 4F Zhayolm so far, and never one off any chariot. We let our gems just autolot and I've managed to collect 10 so far in 8 total runs (none of them were Arrapago, for what it's worth)

double drop from 6F triple gears in zhay last night as well. Droprate is fairly high on that floor.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

50,000 has to be incorrect unless they are planning on adding other ways to obtain alexandrites. I took this from the other wiki but here it is.

" It is assumed, but unconfirmed, that there is more to the Alexandrite step, because acquiring 50,000 seems to be an insurmountable task at a drop rate of fewer than five per Salvage run (doing one run per day and getting five drops each run amounts to roughly 27 years of Salvage). "

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM.
    50,000 has to be incorrect unless they are planning on adding other ways to obtain alexandrites. I took this from the other wiki but here it is.

" It is assumed, but unconfirmed, that there is more to the Alexandrite step, because acquiring 50,000 seems to be an insurmountable task at a drop rate of fewer than five per Salvage run (doing one run per day and getting five drops each run amounts to roughly 27 years of Salvage). "
    unless of course the goal is to have -one- relic per server at a time. (27 groups doing 5 drops a day every day is only 1 year). but at that point the weapons might as well not exist*

*can you see someone on your server managing to 100% corner the market on alexandrite if these weapons are at all good?

Traded gems to Ghany, Zash, doorway, and slot/socket in Zhayolm yesterday. Nothing.
    Confirmed doubledrop in Zhayolm.
    6F Zhayolm Ramparts dropped nothing. No Reinforcements, either.

19 Alexandrites from killing every gear in Zhayolm on 5FS and 6F, TH4. I think this could be the best zone for gem farming since it has the weakest gears (Asuran>Gekko chain at full HP kills them most of the time) and lots of them. Even better if someone can confirm gem drops from numbered ramparts on 4F. \:D/

Also, added more things to investigate.

I'm sure I've seen an alex drop off the 4F ramparts at least once out of last 6 zhays we did between this week and last, but had no reason to SS it for accuracy, will now. It wasn't a card as I remember spammed lots after Third Rampart went down on a particular run.

Don't have to record it as confirmed, will supply a SS next time i see one if someone doesnt already. Appears droprates are very low on the early floors with archaic machinery and increase higher up for all zones. About possible new NMs: Should be able to review the dats for those zones to see if this is possible eh?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

In the cutscene where Naja tells you all that has to be done after trading the weapon, she mentions that you have to take out the 4 salvage bosses. She says "In case you didn't know, they're capable of self-replication." Perhaps the same is the case of Alexandrite, since it's pieces of them.

But how would they replicate...

Have definitely seen Alexandrite off multiple Reactionary Ramparts...never bothered to screenshot it, sorry :/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Kind of off topic but is anyone even buying these? How much are you selling for if you have found a buyer?

I put them in my bazaar for 2k each over night and none sold at all. Since I'm desperate for inventory I just shouted in whitegate and gave a few for free. My salvage static is considering just storing all the alexandrites we get on a mule in hopes SE ninja fixes/makes Nyzul relic crazy good and they suddenly become popular.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm buying them 10k. No clue if that's good or bad, but I'm willing to take the risk.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I'm buying them 10k. No clue if that's good or bad, but I'm willing to take the risk.
    That's 500,000,000gil

and cleared MtZ 6th 2x and got one Alex, not exactly "high" drop rate.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    That's 500,000,000gil

50 000 is way too much for it to be real. It has to be something around 100 or 200. 500 in worst case scenario

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    That's 500,000,000gil

50 000 is way too much for it to be real. It has to be something around 100 or 200. 500 in worst case scenario
    I could see 1000 without much difficulty.

also; it's possible that 50k is legit but that not everyone has to do every thing to upgrade.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Problem is that getting your hand on 50 000 alexandrite would be borderline impossible. You would need to find 20 salvage groups willing to sell/give all their drop for 1 years, assuming they go in every days. I dont think I know more than 10-12 groups doing salvages, and I would need to be the only one who wants to upgrade it.

Sagacious Sundi

Maybe we should consider obscure things? But shit that has actually been known to affect Salvage before (day - Zhayolm 4F ramparts, kill in a certain way - Empathic Flan, cells - 1F/5F madames, etc.) Personally, I'm with the "current drop rate, gem value, availability, and/or quota is just a cockblock" crowd, but you never know~

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Bhaf 3F and 4F gears have a decent drop rate, no SS though. It seems like we get at least 5 per run even if we only do 4F. I'm not sure if the THFs are switching out THF knife after F1 or not so could be TH2 TH3 or TH4 :X. Confirm double drop on 4F.

Did Arrapago yesterday killing every machine possible, including AC:
    1F Rampart dropped nothing but cells.
    6F Ramparts dropped nothing at all.
    AC dropped the same two pieces of shit we don't need.
    No pops on 6F, no new targets on 6F or 7F, and nothing special after exiting the zone. Also, the "inactive" portal on the boss floor didn't do anything unusual.

Traded gems to some other targets outside of Salvage: Ghatsid, the automaton Galka, and his assistants, the Imperial Whitegate and its guards, Naja, Abquhbah, and the Seafarer's Tombstone outside Nashmau. Nothing.

An LS mate suggested stealing from machinery. Machines have never had anything on them prior to Alexandrites, but maybe something is there now?

Nyzul Isle Investigation has at least one piece of machinery every floor. Could those drop any gems?

Also, is there any follow-up dialogue from Paparoon in the .dats regarding Alexandrites in particular? Is there dialogue from any other NPC?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast