+ Reply to Thread

Thread: im a psp noob     submit to reddit submit to twitter

im a psp noob

i just got a psp today....how do i d/l music and movies on to it? I also hear people who play snes and nes games on it how would you do that?

go back to the store and buy a USB to Mini-B cable to get stuff onto the PSP.

you need firmware 1.5 to Run all homebrew. 2.0 runs a few

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, so don't take it that way. The NES and SNES games I don't know to be honest.

But the music is covered in the manual and it is actually very simple to follow surprisingly. I believe you just insert the USB in to the PC and as soon as it is recognized you create a folder and import I believe MP3's or ACC files in that folder. The manual covers it better than I can explain it, I haven't touched my PSP in months.

Hope someone else can tell you about the NES and SNES, I know you can't upgrade the PSP if you want to use them unless someone found a way around it.

Good luck.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As far as emulators and homebrews go. You can only do that on firmware version 1.5 or under. 2.0 allows you to boot some homebrews but it's only in user mode and not kernel.

There is a mod-chip that's being developed and in a few weeks/months you're going to be able to boot up home brews with any version firmware you have on

i bought my psp used and there was no manual so yea

anyways i can connect to the internet on it now so i got that setup at least where and how could i upgrade to a 1.5 and wtf are "homebrews"

Quote Originally Posted by macbain24
    All right, once your PC recognizes the PSP check it to see if there is a folder in it labeled PSP. If there isn't create one, go in to that folder and created a subfolder in it called Music. Voila.

Add your MP3's in to it and they should play. Worked for me when I di it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by macbain24

anyways i can connect to the internet on it now so i got that setup at least where and how could i upgrade to a 1.5 and wtf are "homebrews"
    Seeing your using the web broswer you wont be able to play SNES/NES games on your PSP you can downgrade your 2.0 software to 1.5 but it's not worth it for you.(no web broswer and cant play any current games^^)

For movies just download pspvideo9. Google it for a download, it converts all your video and puts it on your psp.

For music just move your mp3's into your music folder

If you want to know what homebrew is and the diffrence between firmware versions find out at pspupdates.com

On a side note i just upgraded my psp from 1.5 to 2.0 yesterday lol to play GTA3/burnout/madden 06 and surf the web, i'll miss my SNES rpgs!!

But GTA is worth it, you guys should also check out burnout it kicks ass!!!!

if you have time or are bored, heres the online manual for a basic rundown.
    http://www.us.playstation.com/psp/manuals.aspx

Otherwise, apparently your PSP is 2.0 or higher, if you format the memory stick on the PSP itself, it will automatically create the folders on the stick for you. (photos, music, movies, etc)