BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Ifrit] Velmoso (bc)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

[Ifrit] Velmoso (bc)

He applied to my LS a few days ago but is still on the Ifrit server, can anyone help me out with a character reference?

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Re: [Ifrit] Velmoso (bc)

never heard of this person so idk >.>

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valenia Rah'zo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Prolly a name change because the name doesn't exist for any server according to ffxiah.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yea, never heard of him. What jobs/race/craft is he?

No idea who he is either. Which is a good thing for his resume considiring what you gotta do around Ifrit to be well-known. Maybe this is his second jump, and he name changed from his last server? Well outside the 90-day window for the first jumpers. No record of him on FFXIAH.com for Ifrit. Seems to suggest it.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Have to assume it's someone shitty since they lied about name.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

They said who it is: Escaflone. Did a search on this forum, think we know enough to make this decision.

Well, to be fair if it is him, Escaflone did seem to try to turn over a new leaf after a long stretch of being a general jerk to everyone. I helped out his sky LS while waiting for server migration, and he seemed to have cooled down a bit. Me and him used to be mortal enemies, but even I can't muster any venom for him anymore. Got along pretty well in the short time I worked with him. I didn't see anything to suggest that me giving him a second chance wasn't a waste of a second chance.

I'd have to say to give him a chance and see. Wish he hadn't lied about his name, though. I had hopes he would not continue doing anymore stupid stuff. I'll still vouch for him. Just gonna find him and give him a good /slap on the appropiate channels for doing so.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

He actually didnt lie about his name, just used Velmoso as the name he applied with, that was my mistake.

I guess now what im interested in is if theres any truth behind the accusations of him having involvement with RMT camps. I can deal with attitude but people who have dealings with RMT have no place in my LS.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yes, Esca was helping RMT when he first started. Was in SSG with them and such religously, as well as Sky. He tried to change but he was annoying in shout and such. Prolly a nice but constantly made dumb mistakes by being a jerk and helping RMT. Your call but he is a shout/alla noob imo.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sevv Zero
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Stonemaul

I don't really remember the Rmt thing with esca, maybe because of our history but, Me and Esca were friends had a falling out later. Went thru alot of flames hate etc. He restarted on ifrit like venture said, he may be loud/talk alot but he really has grown as a player. He will usually be the first to help out on missions/camping/etc. He has some shady shit in his past but if your about to learn something about ifrit, it is based on shady shit or drama, or like my case rl drama with players. I would give him a chance, keep an eye on him while on trial after he gets use to the ls and players he should be a nice addition.

Also make sure it is the real esca, when he "left" he gave it to naruchan. Nice enough person male irl, but naru's bc is completely different.

Confirmed that he did in fact run with RMT in his past, but i'd have to say in his past. I hadn't seen any indication he was still doing it when I was working with him. Only reasons I chose to even work with Escaflone in the first place was to A: Keep an eye on him and B: Get some basic PLD experience since I just dinged 75 PLD when he supposedly changed his colors. He didn't actually run a half-bad sky LS. Was showing the forcefulness required to mass kick anyone out who was acting retarded or was simply retarded or a problem child in the first place, so he was growing and maturing.

If it is indeed Naruchan, it's a he. Just as shady as Escaflone was, or might still be, but that's pretty much everyone on Ifrit. It's a whole different kind of server community.

And I just made the connection between what server he's going to, and what LS. Hi, Aladriel! We talked some months ago via /tells. I set a mule over there by the name of 'Hound' to inquire about PanicMotion and Caitsith before I made the move. I guess this gives me even more reason to apply if Esca ends up there. At least i'll know someone from my old server there, and could continue keeping an eye on him to see how he progresses.

It was pretty much a joke on Ifrit that if Esca was involved in something, it was sure to fail. I can't remember how many times I saw him doing shouts for a mission or quest over and over because he kept losing. Diabolos prime comes to mind, not sure how many attempts he had on that, but it was a lot. Esca really is a nice guy however, he just doesn't know when to shut up sometimes, and he lets his emotions run his mouth, and ends up stepping on his own dick. He is a very helpful person just don't let him lead or plan the strategy.

On the RMT thing, iirc he even got put on the JP list as an RMT helper. From what I've heard from him and others (have no factual knowledge), he was trying for ToD on Chary when some RMT came in, they asked if he wanted help and he joined their party. They let him have the Joyuese. Now Esca claims he didn't know they were RMT, which is unlikely. I think his desire for a Joyuese got the better of him. I've never heard of any other association he has had with RMT.

All in all, I'd say he's worth a shot. Just might need to give him a /slap once in a while.