+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Retrieve Username from old POL folder

Hi,

As mention in the topic. How do I do that? I only remember the password not the pol id. Please help

i know 1 way biut it will fuck up pol and u will need to reinstall it

i did it by mistake once while instaling pol

if u use your old usr folder it will come up with all your old settings and be able to login with it if u saved the PW all the data's still there but it will mess up pol all you settings will be stuck how they where in old usr folder u wont be able to change anything and it will freeze up

befor u try it back up your current usr folder then drop in the old 1 befor starting pol once its in start pol and it should be there

o and if anyone ever asked u to upload a copy of your pol "so they can install it without updating" dont include your usr folder person will be able to login to your account that way if u had saved PW at any time

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

You don't need the old POL username, you can make a new one and it works fine if you're looking for an easy solution. Just create a new user account and put your old POL ID/pw in, it works! Although, I don't know what that would do to your existing friendslist, IIRC they should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by diemos
    You don't need the old POL username, you can make a new one and it works fine if you're looking for an easy solution. Just create a new user account and put your old POL ID/pw in, it works! Although, I don't know what that would do to your existing friendslist, IIRC they should stay.
    he sed he dosent rember his ID....

I only remember the password not the pol id. Please help

Or does he mean, "I have a trojan on my target's machine, I've ganked their password, how do I obtain their POL ID?"

/cynic

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Assuming you're paying for the account, just call POL and ask what your ID is. :X

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Calina
    Quote Originally Posted by diemos
    he sed he dosent rember his ID....

I only remember the password not the pol id. Please help
    I tend to skim posts. D: