Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Need a Laptop... Notebookforums.com safe?

In the market for a new laptop that i can use for classes and downtime at work. Was trying to build some with Dell, HP, Newegg, the usual things; but i remember notebookforums.com being mentioned here before. Has anyone ever purchased with or used that site before? Wondering how safe it is and if I really am better off buying a laptop from there.

Thanks in advance.

Get an alienware one, mine was cheap when it wasn't on sale and plays FFXI great. Can't play counter-strike source default maps for shit though. Iceworld onry

http://www.ibuypower.com is good me and my friends got our laptops from them

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    Get an alienware one, mine was cheap when it wasn't on sale and plays FFXI great. Can't play counter-strike source default maps for shit though. Iceworld onry
    Way to not answer the question. Never had any experience with notebookfourms.com, never heard of the place actually. I also got my laptop from ibuypower.com. They look pretty snazzy and prices aren't bad. Much better than ordering from newegg imo, though you can't really beat dell for support/warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by RuBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    Way to not answer the question. Never had any experience with notebookfourms.com, never heard of the place actually. I also got my laptop from ibuypower.com. They look pretty snazzy and prices aren't bad. Much better than ordering from newegg imo, though you can't really beat dell for support/warranty.
    He said he needed a laptop also, so I told him a good place. So stfu.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

http://www.dell.com

They have some of the most amazing deals around. I got my notebook about three months ago with a 40% off coupon they were touting for previous dell buyers (you dont have to be one though, these coupons are posted around on the web for other people to use too). I got a $3500 notebook for just around $2,000. It's absolutely fantastic, no problems whatsoever and runs just as fast as all my other friends' Alienwares and comparable desktop PCs. Look this week for Black Friday Dell Online deals, or I'm sure they'll have some for Christmas coming up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Until it explodes next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jememy
    Until it explodes next week.
    qft >.>

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You will get sweet fkin deals from notebook forum. I got my laptop from there.

If you want to play it safe with payment/shipping/etc, use escrow.com.

when you're gonna make a deal with someone, ask for refs.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    You will get sweet fkin deals from notebook forum. I got my laptop from there.

If you want to play it safe with payment/shipping/etc, use escrow.com.

when you're gonna make a deal with someone, ask for refs.
    The person i had hoped would reply, and an answer i was very happy with, thanks. As for alienwares: friends have had way to much problems with them, yes, besides overpaying for the same specs. Dell's are reliable but the only ones that really interest me are the XPS series and the price is pretty stupid, i'm only planning on spending 1500~ give or take.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Bump, I'm looking to buy a laptop too soon , looking to spend 1100~ max (otherwise im gonna be poor ), all I want it to do is play FFXI nice and pretty like my main machine does.

Anyone have any reccomendations? The sites I see have poopy machines for like $900 that have no hd room and an integrated graphics card, which im sure we all know how amazing they are.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I still recommend this site. I bought my Dell XPS m1700 off a guy on this site for $1600. Came with a 3 year complete coverage garuntee. Basically I can spill coke all over it and they will fix it. I went to the site, said I want a laptop that can do this "XYZ" and I have $1600 to spend. Had 2-3 responces within the days end. If you can manage to get a little bit more cash I highly reccomend the Dell XPS m1700. Playing FFXI in 1900x1200 with everything up is a dream.

I went to Notebookforums.com to help me decide which lappy to buy when I wanted one. The site is owned by Sagernotebooks.com which is a gaming laptop company. I personally bought from Sager and I am happy with my purchase, though I now use my new gaming rig which I built to do everything, lappy is now collecting dust