+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thoughts on next-gen consoles

So post your thoughts about the next gen consoles now that they are out and here to stay for the next 4-5 years.

my OPINIONS So far are:

360: Don't own one, but have played gears of war and I like the system overall.

PS3: Big disappointment IMO. No games, 95~ percent of launch systems were on ebay. Worst hardware launch ever and just seems like sony has shot themselves in the foot.

Wii: Picked it up today and I can easily say it is the best thing ever. Zelda is amazing, Wii sports is incredibly awesome (I had my dad who hates video games playing for about 3 hours today, girlfriend too) And I love red steel even though its hard as shit to learn.

My pick: Wii

Because its not about you or me, its about Wii.

SNES

PS3 COSTS 599 FUCKING DOLLARS ARE YOU SHITTING ME I CAN BUY 599 DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS WITH THAT KIND OF DOUGH FUCK YOU SONY IT DOESNT PRINT MONEY

Re: Thoughts on next-gen consoles

Quote Originally Posted by ertyu
    So post your thoughts about the next gen consoles now that they are out and here to stay for the next 4-5 years.

my OPINIONS So far are:

PS3: Big disappointment IMO. No games, 95~ percent of launch systems were on ebay. Worst hardware launch ever and just seems like sony has shot themselves in the foot.

Wii: Picked it up today and I can easily say it is the best thing ever. Zelda is amazing, Wii sports is incredibly awesome (I had my dad who hates video games playing for about 3 hours today, girlfriend too) And I love red steel even though its hard as shit to learn.

So your favourite system of the 3 is suprisingly... ::drum roll everyone:: The only one you OWN!

Forgive me while I leave, not surprised by your outcome.

I own 360 only. Wii still wins and PS3 fails for now.

A. Body
    BG Level

i know i'm gonna get bashed to hell by saying this but, having played gears of war the same day as some of the wii games (zelda, red steel, banana blitz etc) i'm pretty shocked as to how the graphics compare, and although wii's games have a certain innovation to it, the lacking power in the grahpics/physics department might ultimately put wii behind still

plus the motion sensing doesn't feel as great as i hoped, right now it feels more like a flashy new button than a real kind of new type of control (how is swinging your arm randomly to attack in zelda different than button smashing?)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I help out at a LAN center at my local mall, and they got a PS3 and Wii when they came out and hooked them up to the two TVs they have in the front. In my opinion, I was still more intrigued by PS3. We had Resistance running, Wii Sports and Red Steel as well. The Wii motion sensor didn't really impress me that well, and the boxing game on Wii sports I found to be incredibly frustrating. Red Steel is in my opinion a completely bland and boring game with horrible voice acting. Sure, sword fighting is somewhat fun from time to time, but it didn't suck me in as much as Resistance was for PS3. Not saying PS3 is the most awesome omg thing ever, because we played Gundam as well, and holy shit that game is horrible on every level. Shoot all the mechs until it gets boring, go!

I'm not going to say which one I think is better yet, since both systems have been out not even a week. They both have good and bad points, all I'll say is that I was more intrigued by the gameplay of PS3 more than the Wii as of right now. When more games come out, I'm sure both systems will be able to hold their own.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Red Steel = Fantavision.

PS3 COSTS 599 FUCKING DOLLARS ARE YOU SHITTING ME I CAN BUY 599 DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS WITH THAT KIND OF DOUGH FUCK YOU SONY IT DOESNT PRINT MONEY

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Red Steel = Fantavision.
    Do you mean it in a good or bad way? I liked Fantavision.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Red Steel = Fantavision.
    Do you mean it in a good or bad way? I liked Fantavision.
    How did you like that 'game' XD?

Fantavision was the PS2s way to showcase what the PS2 had to offer visualy, Red Steel is Wiis way to show off what it can do with its controller. Not meant to be the 'best ever' just something to show whats possible.

Red Steel = Fantavision.
    Fantavision was such a fun, "I have little time so ill pop something in and rock" game, Hell my friend and I played it all night one night.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

My thought is that if they're going to display a PS3 in EB, they should at least reset it when it freezes.

I'll concede that the scene it was frozen on had very pretty graphics.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

The Wii had a sucessful launch and has already released some GREAT games. The graphics aren't as good as the other two, but that doesn't mean the graphics are bad...the motion sensor technology won't appeal to everyone, I'm sure, but I LOVE it, and it does attract people who previously thought they weren't into video games, even though I'm not exactly sure it's revolutionary, and my arm is a bit sore. The Wii isn't quite as online-friendly as I was hoping, it seems I'm not the only person with connection issues...but the Wii has nothing to prove anymore, with such a spectacular launch there's bound to be more, it's got some powerful franchise games to tap into and plenty of goodness via the downloads.

PS3 has a long way to go. It's a powerful system with plenty of potential but until I SEE the potiental utilized, it's just talk, and nothing more than a $600 doorstop/Ebay fodder. Where are the games, it's a game system damnit. I won't be able to make accurate critiques on the actual system until I see the tech put to the real test, with a great game, in person.

I won't comment on the Xbox360 too much either, but it's got a strong base by getting a year's head start, it's established itself and come out with some excellent games. It's got competition now but we have to see exactly how they go about their marketing strategies during the next year and see what games come out.

I have to say, hands down, Wii is just absolutely amazing.
    Just to get it out there, Red Steel just looks so bad, I can't wait to read the EGM Review of it next month to hear how bad they tear it apart.
    When I put Wii Sports in, and started playing it for the first time, it was just so much fun, and so innovative, like nothing I have ever done before.
    Zelda is the same way, I finally got my sword last night, and was able to start attacking, and I just could not get the smile off of my face. I never ever used the spin attack in Zelda games before since you always had to hold B. But not with the shake of the Nunchuk the spin attack just looks so devastating. Fishing was also insanely fun/innovative. Pulling up on the Wiimote when the fish bites, and making a reeling in motion with the nunchuk. I had worried that the motion sensor stuff would just be gimmicky.. but it is so far from it!
    I do like my 360 and PS2 for Gears and FFXII respectively, but I do not see either of them being turned on anytime soon.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just because I dont own a 360 doesn't mean I haven't played it.. infact as it stands right now I have way more hours on a 360 than a Wii.

And PS3 is fail so I don't need to try it more than I already have.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    ... so that WAS you shouting about that shit on universe 1.

AIM

Me: Yo tsu, is Kuai yelling about how he can buy 599 cheeseburgers instead of a PS3 on universe 1?
    Tsu: Fuck if I know, sounds like him though, I'll ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

my OPINIONS So far are:

So your favourite system of the 3 is suprisingly... ::drum roll everyone:: The only one you OWN!

Forgive me while I leave, not surprised by your outcome.
    Like I said, most of those who bitch about the PS3 don't own one or can't afford one. Play what you want, but stop bashing other consoles to fucking make yourselves feel better about your purchase.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

From watching lolG4 over the weekend, resistance is THE only game worth getting on the PS3 atm.

I have no doubt that PS3 will start to pwn face when Sony's blunder dies away but as it stands right now 360 > PS3 as far the value for your money. I own neither but I've played both so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I'm getting a Wii when I can because my wallet can handle it. Wii wins

A. Body
    BG Level

in the perfect utopia, you'll get a console with wii's cool controller, ps3's superb hardware power, and x360's easy to develope software platform and great online support...

shame, oh the cruel capitalism world we live in

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast