• Anti-Abortion

37 23.42%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Xavier

Women, get all the lovin you can now

cause soon the government is going to make you keep'em

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/22/ ... index.html

I'm pro-choice, nobody should have control over a womans body but the actual woman.

Pro-choice for who. The mother or the child?

/cue 15 pages.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

'ITS A CHILD NOT A CHOICE'

lol.

pro-choie here...

I dunno man, the way I see it, The child is a living person. I don't believe that abortion is right. No, it has nothing to do with religious influence, just my logic tells me that the fetus is a new life form at the moment of conception. I see every abortion as a potential person that could have changed the world, but was abandoned instead just because the mom was too much of a coward to take responsibility of her actions.

now I know we could argue and say "what if it was rape?" waaah she should be able to have an abortion if it wasn't her choice. Well, it does seem unfair.. but since when was life ever fair anyway?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I advocate the one-choice rule.

Choose to have sex, can't abort it.

Don't choose to have sex (rape, etc.), you can choose to abort it.

Re: Women, get all the lovin you can now

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

/cue 15 pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier

I'm pro-choice, nobody should have control over a womans body but the actual woman.

Xavier

Begun the abortion wars have.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I think abortion should be the last option unless it was a rape, deformation, could kill the mother, anything rare you can think of. There are a lot of couples out there willing to adopt, if there is nobody willing to adopt then an abortion is fine. The father should be responsible for paying the mother a bunch of money, I'd say all the hospital costs not covered by insurance and 9 months worth of lost wages.

I see no reason to kill a child just because condoms don't feel good and being pregnant is an inconvenience, it's time people learned to be responsible for their actions.

Im all for abortion, why should others have to pay for the choices one dumb girl/boy made?

If a girl is incapable of taking care of a child she will go on welfare or some other social service, money which is paid for by taxpayers.

We got enough worthless people on this earth, dont need more.

If you are a person at the time of conception, then why is your birthday the day you come out? Pro-choice.

Re: Women, get all the lovin you can now

Quote Originally Posted by Americayankee
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

/cue 15 pages.

Wow thanx...I missed the obvious portion of the OPs view on the subject. Im aware what he meant, I was stating that when the phrase "pro-choice" is used, it really isn't fair. The moment of conception a baby is no longer the woman's body, but a unique individual. Therefore is it REALLY Pro-choice?

Xavier

you're trying to say for an absolute fact that that the moment of conception is when a person is born.

yet whats created hardly represents a human for quite some time, its purely cells coming together.

its attached to the womans body, how is it not a part of her

I can see the argument for late term abortions, when the baby is developing and the basic intelligent functions start to come about.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Yet another argument between two sides that has no "provable" answer.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

I used to be pro-choice but now I'm not sure which one I am. I haven't had a child of my own yet, but sister had my nephew 2 years ago and he's the person i love the most in the world.

I used to draw on Rene Descartes famous quote "I Think Therefore I Am."
    I once listened to a debate between professors about the abortion issue, and he used this to justify that is was ok to abort because a baby was not a person yet. I did not totally agree with this, but it shed some new thought on the situation so i leaned toward pro-choice.

but this baby nephew of mine, i'm pretty sure his thoughts are not concrete at 2 years of age, they will be soon though. Even though he does not have comprehensive and full thoughts i still feel a complete bond of humanship between us two. That's just my personal stance, after all the issue is largely personal.

all in all, i'm middle of the road with the whole issue

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

yet whats created hardly represents a human for quite some time, its purely cells coming together.
    And what is your criteria for being human? Because honestly a human is nothing more then cells coming together at any age.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu
    And what is your criteria for being human? Because honestly a human is nothing more then cells coming together at any age.
    the ability to form complex thoughts, in any capacity.

if the argument is that whats created at the moment of conception is a sentient being, I hope you're a vegetarian, or you're a hypocrite.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think it's stupid to be pro-choice and justifying it by saying a fetus isn't person yet.

Here is how I see it, ever since conception its a person. It's stupid to argue about when it stops being a mass of cells and starts being a person with thought and feelings.

The real question should be, 'Is it alright to kill a living thinking baby'.

I vote yes. Cruel, yes, but it life is cruel.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Pro-choice.

Im all for abortion, why should others have to pay for the choices one dumb girl/boy made?

If a girl is incapable of taking care of a child she will go on welfare or some other social service, money which is paid for by taxpayers.

We got enough worthless people on this earth, dont need more.
    A ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Can't rape the willing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast