Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

The next generation of Blood Pacts.

Now Im pretty sure most everyone here has fought the uncapped avatar BCs right?

You may remember moves such as Heaven's Strike or Geo Crush, Wind Blade or Meteo Strike.

The question is:

Do you believe these BPs will be implemented in the future? If so, will they make up for some of the avatar's melee weakness(such as Shiva)?

Everyone is welcome to discuss, SMNs and non SMNs alike.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm looking forward to Pheonix's Refreshga and Raise3ga.

Yes.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

That will be awesome if they can be implemented, because there are some avatars that go on through SMN levels without any offensive attacks. For example Garuda: level 10-60 without anything but buffs?

The question is, what would be the levels of these BP(what levels would you get them as?)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I'm looking forward to Pheonix's Refreshga and Raise3ga.
    I've heard the possibility of Phoenix to be added soon but I couldn't find any tangible evidence. Although I would like to see it. Phoenix always has been one of my favorite summons.

Raise3ga would be it's 2hr BP I assume? It would make everything too easy if it wear 1 minute timer like the rest, wouldn't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Borisan
    That will be awesome if they can be implemented, because there are some avatars that go on through SMN levels without any offensive attacks. For example Garuda: level 10-60 without anything but buffs?

The question is, what would be the levels of these BP(what levels would you get them as?)
    I wouldn't mind at all if they were lvl 75 as long as they are able to MB.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I honestly dont think we will see them.

Why? Have you ever seen Garuda Prime kick your tanks ass with a 1k+ Predator Claws? I havent

SMNs get BPs that the primes dont have, so the Primes get one SMNs cant use

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Adding them would be nice, since i think most, if not all of them are ranged, and smn needs help in that dept. :X

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rehont

Have you ever seen Garuda Prime kick your tanks ass with a 1k+ Predator Claws?

Yes, not predator claws exactly, but I got hit with Spinning Dive as BLM once.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Anyone else think it'd be interesting if these were quested, like the final non-Relic WSes?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ravidrath
    Anyone else think it'd be interesting if these were quested, like the final non-Relic WSes?
    that's a pretty interesting way of putting it.

Yay hopefully they overpower smn more! :D

Im a bitter asshole.

Frankly they need to make Astral Flow an instantaneous use. At least from my opinion, you activate Astral Flow, then when you choose the appropriate 2hour BP according to the Avatar, it goes off instantly instead of waiting.

You gotta admit, SMN suck in Ballista b/c of this :3

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ravidrath
    That's brilliant. And Orfeo, overpowered? I remember seeing Liltwin doing 1,500 Rampage to Animated Sword or w/e. Warrior can do dmg that I would call overpowered but I don't because that's exactly the point of the job.

[removed broken link]

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Warriors can do more then that on Kirin.

Not once every 55 seconds. And do it to Faf Nid Timmy Jimmy Vrtra Ouryu.....

smn isnt broke

LazyShell
    BG Level

its hardly broke, but its not exactly badass either. You can look at those mobs and see SMN is ez to use for constant dmg (tho 1k+ bloodpacts are inconsistent - WAR/THF will pretty much always hit higher numbers unless SA misses. i'm sure if given equal time in the pt war could do the same or more dmg for kirin) But whatabout xp pt? just count that out as if it wasn't part of the game? SMN is just not worth the spot in the party, while WAR is or almost is the best melee for an xp pt around.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Warriors can do more then that on Kirin.
    And then WAR or <insert melee here> dies/gets booted from the alliance to use sleep potions <_< But, at any rate melees can't do that every minute without causing hate issues of some sort :s

I don't really care that much though to be honest... i barely even play now D:

edit: ya, i do agree that SMN could use a boost for exp parties...but honestly, what could they do that wouldn't shaft melees from exp too? Increase avatar melee damage? Shit, now not only are they doing stronger BP's then we are WS's they are keeping up hit for hit...

Can't think of anything else they could do really without further overpowering them end game.

I wish insted of SE trying to fix and balance all these jobs and ruining the game, that they would just accept the fact that some jobs are better than others and tell all these people who complain about "oh <job>s are overpowered!" to go level that job....

Quote Originally Posted by Varnx
    I wish insted of SE trying to fix and balance all these jobs and ruining the game, that they would just accept the fact that some jobs are better than others and tell all these people who complain about "oh <job>s are overpowered!" to go level that job....
    Except not everyone likes the overpowered jobs.

BREAKING NEWS: This game is suppose to be fun