Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An upsetting tale & a question concerning Warp 2!

Hiya, I am Croco of the Bahamut server. Warrior has always been the job i've loved to be. Something about being a Warrior has always appealed to me. I recently hit 55 and was EXPing in Boyhada Tree with my newly aquired Weapon Skill Rampage. Rampage is such an awesome Weapon Skill, it was really tearing up those crabs and we were going along well... but then our Black Mage started to change a bit.

Berticus (our Black Mage) being his "1337 HNM" Self thought our party wasn't doing as good as it should be. He started to point fingers at people for being gimps. Me for having a Venerer and Sniper instead of 2 Snipers, our Ranger for being simply a Ranger, our White Mage for not being fast enough with Erase. Basically he was blaming us on little stupid things.

At first his rudeness wasn't a problem, we all ignored it and the party went on. After about 30 minutes the Red Mage didn't refresh Berticus one round because he didn't seem to need the MP and Berticus exploded. He started screaming at all of us. Calling me a gimp because my Rampages werent hitting 1000 damage, Calling the Ranger class a gimp, saying the WHM failed at life, saying the Red Mage was a fucking retarded douchebag, anything he could think of he threw at us.

If any of us were the leader of the party we surely would have kicked Berticus, but since he was the leader and we were getting great EXP we put up with him. Another 30 minutes of Great EXP went by and I missed a Skillchain by a second and Berticus went crazy. He started calling me every bad name he could think of in both Japanese and English. I tried to calm him down saying I was sorry and the next thing I know:

Area: Port Jeuno.

That's right he Warp 2ed me. I never saw it coming. He simply laughed at me and kicked me from the Party. What was his reasons? I /telled him afterwards to find out that Missing a Skillchain was intolerable (even if it was just 1 in about 2+ hours of partying), not doing his "expected" damage of Rampage (1000 at level 55, wtf?) was intolerable, and not agreeing with him made me a noob. His superior HNM complex surely got the best of him.

This has got me thinking though. Why doesn't Warp II have a "Do you wish to accept the Warp II" button for? Tractor and other spells like it have it. Teleport Spells don't have it, but they require you to have the Crag and they take an eternity to cast. I mean why shouldn't Warp II have a "Do you wish this spell to be cast on you" command. Tractor and Raise have it, and 90% of the time they're beneficial. There's going to be the rare occasion when you need a Raise III and might wanna cancel that Raise I, but generally they're a good spell.

But why not Warp II? Warp II can be used in alot more bastardly ways than Tractor or Raise can, but it doesn't have a confirm message. What was SE thinking along those lines. Simply because they're in your party doesn't mean they can't do something bad to you. Since most Parties are "pick-up parties" you really don't know who you're EXPing with. The BLM (like Berticus) can be a total jackass and Warp II you like that.

I don't see why at this point Warp II still doesn't have a

"Do you wish to have this spell cast on you"

message.

/cue Care-o-Meter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I can't believe you took the time to write this. If you want it to sound belivable you should of at least picked somsone from BG who was currently leveling BLM and not somebody who has had it leveled to 75 forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok
    I can't believe you took the time to write this. If you want it to sound belivable you should of at least picked somsone from BG who was currently leveling BLM and not somebody who has had it leveled to 75 forever.
    LOL

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

You're an idiot.

E. Body
    BG Level

Top news tonight:

The sewers run red with Berticus's blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Top news tonight:

The sewers run red with Berticus's blood.
    LOL

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Leaping Lizzy = Cotillion

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lol this was funny, Berts blm was most likely 75 before you even got the game, his blm is maxed on all merits >.>

Leaping lizzy at first you where funny... but recently you got really really dumb

Any who warp 2 does need to have a "do you want to warp to your hp?" msg I was in a party with some good friends we pt like every other day. This party had a pld and good friend of mine from my ls Asze and the blm rdm gf/bf pt team(Honeywoodro/Jonnywoodro<something like that anyway>), i pt'ed with the 2 of them a lot as well as with asze but not together though. So one day we pt in bibiky bay and the Honey had a fight with Asze and i tried to stop it cause they both where my friends. Asze left the pt and then out of nowhere honey tells me she doesn't want to be my friend cause i defended him..i was like wtf and out of nowhere after a mob fight she warped my ass...what's the kind of power one person should not have. anywho we never talked after that and i fucking hate that bitch cause of it and she was a horrible blm hell worst i've ever seen

Whoa long ass story...that was supposed to be like a 2 sentence story....ohh well Honeywoodro's an ass and a gimp blm so at least you know that lol

Warp2 needs to be fixed, the power to move another person's character without their consent is wrong. with teleports you have to move the whole party and not one person of your choosing.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Warp II's consent comes when you join the party.

MPK's consent comes by logging onto FFXI

E. Body
    BG Level

There's a simple way of not getting D2'd.

its called the default "leave" macro you have when you begin the game. Of course I replaced mine with some other macro but still, you can make a /pcmd leave macro in case some fag thinks its funny to D2 you. But yeah, pretty unlikely for someone to be ready to hit that macro if it ever happened to them :/

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's a simple way of not getting D2'd.

its called the default "leave" macro you have when you begin the game. Of course I replaced mine with some other macro but still, you can make a /pcmd leave macro in case some fag thinks its funny to D2 you. But yeah, pretty unlikely for someone to be ready to hit that macro if it ever happened to them :/
    Ohh now i understand now blm is the leader of all party's by default?

Hell if i want someone to leave the pt it doesn't matter if i warp them or force them to leave the pt.....the end result is the same....

PS: Bring back the Itachi Avatar!

E. Body
    BG Level

Sorry but Arturo Mendez (spanish anchor) > all other anchors

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Sorry but Arturo Mendez (spanish anchor) > all other anchors
    I'd like to drop an anchor on the talentless actor that played him.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

This thread confused me at first.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

do you even know how many times i had to warp a sleeping person..... making it have "Do you wish to accept?" would mean alot more dead melee... wait... where was i going with this... oh nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Roree
    do you even know how many times i had to warp a sleeping person..... making it have "Do you wish to accept?" would mean alot more dead melee... wait... where was i going with this... oh nevermind.
    There's a pretty easy way around this. Make it a countdown timer for Warp 2, like a window of 5 seconds to decline it. Yes, if someone's afk you can probably still get away at warp 2ing them without their consent, but for the most part it'd cut down on unwanted warp 2s, while still being possible to save sleeping friends.