Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Adjustments to Experience Acquisition (07/07/05)

Quote Originally Posted by playonline.com
    Changes to Experience Acquisition

The next version update will bring the following changes:

-Chain Bonuses in Level-Restricted Areas
    Currently, when fighting in level-restricted Chains of Promathia areas, EXP chain bonuses are determined by a player's actual level. However, after the version update, bonuses will be determined by the player's level within the area. This means adventurers will soon be able to earn extra EXP by defeating multiple enemies that are "even match" or higher, just as if the player was fighting in a regular area.

-Slight Adjustments in Experience Acquisition
    The player will soon be able to earn experience from monsters of a slightly wider level range than previously possible. As a result, experience points earned by defeating "decent challenge" and "easy prey" monsters will slightly increase.

Check the FINAL FANTASY XI main page for more information as it is released!

FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (7/7/2005)
    the level cap thing: rofl. i can't believe square is actually trying to salvage the abysmal level cap areas that they tried to make work. they need to give up and make better 75 zones. NOBODY exps in those zones and NOBODY will exp there unless the change like doubles exp, or makes it so you can make at least like 7k/hour. as it is now i bet there are entire days where anywhere from absolutely no one to 1 party enters sacrarium or riverne.

the chain thing: sounds alright, but boo for yet another 3 day interval just to see something ridiculously minor

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The easy pray/decent challange thing seems like a boost to bst.... which they dont need. As for the level capped exp, who the fuck cares. Those places are so terrible and nobody wants to do things like, say, work on merits if you dont have refresh (lvl 30 or 40 cap), or have use of staves (lvl 50 cap).

0/10

BEST UPDATE EVER OMG BONER

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

.................................................. .....

Now all they need is a Lv60/65 capped area with NIN RNGx3 BRD SMN/WHM/RDM/BLM and mobs that are +12 or higher out of the range.

Then you can go up to 300 xp/mob at Lv75 and with the RNGs chain nonstop and get ridiculous XP.

If Square did this... I'd love meriting instead of hating every moment of the crap I have to do so I'm not gimp.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Dear Square Enix, If you want us to exp in your zones, first :

1) Remove the True Sight NORMAL MOBS (dumbest thing ever, non NM true sight, way to go).
    2)Make zones where you can get to camp without the risks of death, nothing like a wyvern on your riverne portal.
    3)Put mobs worth exp'ing at that lvl. Nobody wants to kill Malboros, because they suck to xp on. Nobody wants to touch Wyverns at those lvls, because, really, there's not enough damage going on.

Really, I want to smack Square-Enix at the back of their head with a Frypan, maybe they'll get some braincells working.

ehh Bert~

A01 has those gay fire drake things.. if you go in set on merit you get more exp per kill - - add chaining, and farming wyvern skins could be a nice way to exp and make a little dough.. i mean yea its not 7k an hour... but even if not just for exping - how bout getting exp chain when killing that shit for giant scales for warping, or tailfeathers for mistmelts... shrug - can be looked at a few ways....

p.s. theres a gay bird nest under my roof on the deck - and the birds are like.. HOOT.. HOOT.. HOOT.. and while i wrote this post i was like.. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT NOISE.. it sounds like an old man masterbating. swear to god.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hope this is not the same thing as they were talking about a few posts back on xp mobs. I hope all those new options are not what is posted here. All they need to do is to add more enemies in some areas like bibiki bay or sky or shorten the respawn times.

<Thief>Hey all, lets go party in Promyvion xxx
    <ninja>sure I have to mule my level 30 gear
    10 minutes later...
    <ninja>hmm, some of my gear must be in storage; off to bastok
    <ninja>damn, 11 minutes on the airship
    16 minutes later ninja arrives in bastok
    5 minutes for ninja to get gear out of storage, and warp back
    <thief>okay guys, lets find a teleport
    <black mage> /shout teleport xxx, {do you have it}{you can have this}500gil
    5 minutes later...
    <warrior>hmm no answer, just offer 5k and someone will do it
    3 minutes later everyone teleports out
    <red mage>Okay, let's camp here
    10 minutes later...
    <thief> uh oh, got an add
    Black mage casts sleep on the add
    the add resists the spell
    <Black Mage>Oh no, sleep failed
    whm cures multiple people getting hit and pulls hate and dies
    <Ninja>got reraise on?
    <whm>nope, we don't get it at 30
    <Ninja>did you use one of those reraise earring things?
    <whm> nope, didn't know they existed
    <Ninja> /shout raise needed <pos>
    20 minutes later....
    <Ninja> sorry, doesn't look like we can get you a raise
    <Thief> got stuff to do, GTG bye
    <Warrior>Me too, I have to go buy magnets for my fridge
    Pt disbands

Level capped areas are honestly a great idea if they ever let you get worthwhile xp in them though because you don't have to all be within 2 levels of each other. This would also allow people to static party but still have others be able to xp between static pt sessions or get replaced if they can make a session and not get separated from the rest of the group.

That still does not fix the limited gear you have for lower level caps though. Most people already said they can't do without things such as elemental staves. It would be nice if they could somehow let you use level 75 gear in level capped areas, but just cap the 75 gear at the level of comparable level 30 gear. (or whatever the level cap is of the area)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe this where Dynamis-Valkurm Dunes comes in and the prospect of low level AF. lololololol

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Maybe this where Dynamis-Valkurm Dunes comes in and the prospect of low level AF. lololololol

Yeah its called the first AF set. And most of it sucks.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I meant lower level stuff, pre-50 for Lv.30/40/50 capp areas. >.>

Black Belt
    BG Level

we don't really need anymore pre-50 stuff do we?

Noct, Seers, Eisen is all pretty nice for the jobs that can use them and there were already many sets of CP and CP crafted stuff that are really good for those levels.

the Alumine/Luisant set is RETARDED.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No /we/ don't, but for those people who after years of playing the game still don't have AF or even in Lv.50 range they sure as hell could use it. After all that's what SE is focusing on, right? Right?

Hey, what ta hell is wrong with Alumine set? I'd use it on WAR if I could get HQ made. -.-;; Mini-Hauby anyone?

Black Belt
    BG Level

why don't you just use the NQ set?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

who the fuck would EXP in promyvion or off of fomors?

even hippogryphs are a pain in the ass

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    why don't you just use the NQ set?
    Because Body piece is the only thing I'm interested in and NQ doesn't have any additional Stats. HQ (STR+2 DEX+2 Attack+3 Accu+3 Evasion-12) Sure I could use Royal Knights Mail, but it has only 1 DEX, and will be replaces at 55 with that other Sandy Body (sorry name escapes me) and later on with Hauby+1, but might as well use something that's better. Maybe I'm just putting too much emphasis on such a low level gear. lol

P.S. I hate NIN sub on WAR, at least at low levels. /THF ftw!

Black Belt
    BG Level

what ta hell is wrong with Alumine set?
    NQ doesn't have any additional Stats.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ha, well pardon me, Lucant.

Sendoh's quoting skill rises 0.5 points.

Demosthenes11

You could easily chain firedrakes for exp
    nin, whm, blm, rng, rng, war

Simple

Black Belt
    BG Level

RNG RNG WAR?

Firedrakes = DRG DRG DRG