The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Week 4: September Superbowl edition

Some notes about division leaders going into the last week of Septemeber.

First place:
    Bills
    Lions
    Bucs
    49ers
    Oakland

Last place:
    Eagles
    Falcons
    Colts
    Chiefs

Four playoff teams from last year are in last place. Five non-playoff teams from last year are in first place. Last year, after 3 weeks, only two teams were one or more games behind the division leader and still made the playoffs (Ravens and Packers).

SUN, OCT 2

Detroit at Dallas - Dallas is still a bit banged up and just scraped by a decent Redskins team. Zero TDs were scored in a razor thin win. I think Detroit's defense may be even better and should get after Romo fairly easily. Speaking of Fairley, he may be making a return this week, giving that defensive front even more depth. Dallas is a one point favorite. Detroit wins.

Carolina at Chicago - Another potentially bad week of Cam Newton coming up. Chicago's defense is playing very well. I'm not going to go as far as to say that they laid an egg against Green Bay at home, but I think they have something to prove this week, especially with a rookie QB coming into soldier field. Chicago is a 6.5 point favorite and should win this game handily.

Buffalo at Cincinnati - What is there to really say about this game? Buffalo is actually a road favorite (-3), which doesn't happen too often. With Buffalo essentially turning into the darlings of the NFL, Cinci should get up for this game, but I don't know if they're good enough to pull off an upset. GG, that sounds weird saying that.

Tennessee at Cleveland - If CJ can get up against a team, it should be Cleveland. With losing Britt for the season, look for Joe Hayden to be glued to Nate Washington. Hayden shut Brandon Marshall down last week, I would expect moving the ball through the air won't be easy for Tennessee. CJ has to get rolling here behind that putrid offensive line. His longest run of the season is 9 yards. Look for that to change today. Cleveland -1, Tennessee wins.

Minnesota at Kansas City - GAME OF THE WEEK (if you like watching two GMs take a shit on a football field and watch the feces smash into each other for three hours). Otherwise, this game, like many others this week, sucks. Two 0-3 teams battling it out, only one comes out winless. Say what you want about Minnesota, but all their games have been competitive. All within a single score. Minnesota favored by 1.5, Minnesota wins.

Washington at St. Louis - Jackson should see an increased role this week in the offense, which should help out the passing game a bit. Washington does have a decent little defense though. I think the Rams will come out ready to play after being smashed by three pretty decent teams. Opening the season against 3 teams from the NFC East wasn't a great draw of the schedule, and I think the Rams will try to salvage a game before going into a bye week. Washington -1.5, Rams win.

New Orleans at Jacksonville - Unfortunately for Mert, Jacksonville just isn't that damn good. Way to go out on a limb though. I just don't think JAX has the talent to keep up with the Texans and they certainly don't have the talent to keep up with New Orleans. Saints should win this game handily. NO -7, NO wins.

Pittsburgh at Houston - Finally, a diamond in the rough slate of early games. Ben may need to borrow that kevlar vest from Romo for this game because that Houston defense is going to abuse the Pittsburgh line. Houston is a 4 point favorite against a team that was just in the superbowl. I think that's probably fair, as I can't see anything other than a dominate performance by Houston in this one, Foster or no Foster. Houston wins.

San Francisco at Philadelphia - Vick's playing correct? Does it even matter? I'll say this much, I think the niners defense is probably a bit underrated. Philly has to pounce on weaker opponents if they don't want to be left in a cloud of dust in the division. They have the 2nd largest spread of the week at 9 points and should come out of this game victorious.

NY Giants at Arizona - Pretty even game here against two mediocre teams in winnable divisions. Other than Eli sucking, I don't really know what's a sure thing in this game. Giants are playing pretty decent defense for all their injuries. This will probably be a low scoring game, which makes the Giants -1 line much more difficult to predict. I think the Giants win in a low scoring game.

Atlanta at Seattle - Last season Atlanta beat down the Seahawks in Seattle by the tune of 17 points (or something like that). That Seattle team may have been better, but then again, so may have that Falcons team. I don't really see a significant difference in the teams to pick anything other than Atlanta here to drub Seattle. Atlanta -4.5, and ATL wins.

Miami at San Diego - San Diego has gotten a bit of a break this month, where they're usually terrible. They've won two games against winless teams and face yet another winless team this week. San Diego has, however, only won those two games by a combined margin of 10 points. Chargers will probably win this game, but it's going to be close than people may expect. One of the Fins biggest weaknesses is TE coverage and SD will be without Gates. SD is -7, a huge number. SD wins close.

New England at Oakland - The dominance of DMC should continue into this week when facing a subpar NE defense. However, I don't think that DMC himself can keep up with a Tom Brady that's going out there with a chip on his shoulder after a 4INT game against a division opponent. NE is a 4 point favorite here, which is probably a fair number, but I think NE comes out of this game with a huge win.

Denver at Green Bay - Fantasy news and notes...It seems that Ryan Grant is going to be out this game, which should give James Starks a nice heap of carries. Downside being, Denver's run defense seems pretty decent. Yeah, DMC ran all over them, he runs all over everyone, including the Jets. They kept CJ2k and Benson in check though. Green Bay is going to have to do it through the air, which they are perfectly capable of doing. Largest spread of the week at 12.5 points, GB wins.

NY Jets at Baltimore - Anyone remember this game last year? It was one of the more exciting snoozefests you've ever seen. Final score? 10-9. I expect the teams to be able to move the ball a bit better than that this week. With Flacco coming off an emotional high and the Jets coming off an emotional low, I expect this to be a pretty close game. If Rice can do half of what DMC did to the Jets last week, I expect Baltimore to win. Ravens are a 3.5 point favorite and I think they come away from this game victorious.

MON, OCT 3

Indianapolis at Tampa Bay - Fuck yeah, another shitty monday night game. I hate when the NFL just mails it in after sunday. Umm, TB is a 10 point favorite, Painter should be starting, it's pretty obvious what's going to go down.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'll say this much, I think the niners defense is probably a bit underrated.
    Interesting note: the 49ers haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher since November of 2009.

As for Denver's defense, it's sitting at 13th vs. the pass and 14th vs. the run, 15th overall... this surprised the hell out of me, given how easily everyone but Tennessee has moved the ball on them. Then again, teams that get the lead on them are content to run and not gain much in yardage, given that Denver is fricking 27th in offense this year... 22nd in passing and 28th in rushing. I honestly can't see the Broncos stopping the Packers passing game as they get off to a 28 point lead, and I can't see their rushing D stopping the Packers when they're winding the clock down to avoid instigating a mercy rule. I also can't see Denver moving the ball at all against the first truly good team they face this year. I fully expect this to be a brutal rape.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I'll say this much, I think the niners defense is probably a bit underrated.
    2nd best front 7 in Football.

DAL vs DET
    Doesn't look like Fairley is going to play Sunday, Detroit's D-line is still the best even without him.

Pretty sure Dallas would win this game with a healthy Miles and Dez on offense and Scandrick on D but unless Romo can whip those scrub WRs into shape this week in practice it's going to be tough to score. Despite Costa snapping the ball early 3 times he did a pretty good job on pass protection and overall the O-line has been pretty good at giving Romo time - Doug Free has actually been their worst linemen the last 2 weeks which is crazy.

Dallas actually has held down Megatron pretty well in the past but Stafford is healthy this time - have to hope Ware and Spencer get to him early and often.

It's going to be close but I think Dallas loses, just not enough on offense right now for Romo. If DAL has a chance it will be the defense stepping up even more.

After the bye week the Cowboys will be ready for the Pats though. Get back Miles, Dez should be 100% healthy, and so will Orlando Scandrick and Jason Hatcher.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

BEARS

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Man0war typed a lot of who gives a shit

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lol

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

This guy reports on the Saints
    @jeffduncantp
    Payton said Colston is on schedule in his recovery and would play Sunday vs. JAX. "I wouldn't anticipate him getting 50 snaps."

Curtis Painter
    Spoiler: show
    The Colts are preparing as though Curtis Painter will be their starting quarterback at Tampa Bay on Monday.

Kerry Collins is still recovering after suffering concussion-like symptoms Sunday against Pittsburgh and his status remains in doubt. That means the Colts are getting Painter ready for what would be his first NFL start.

"You have to," Colts coach Jim Caldwell said Thursday. "There's no other way to do it. I had this old adage when I started coaching that you've got to coach who shows up. Today, Curtis is practicing and Kerry is not, so obviously, we have to get him (Curtis) ready for the ball game."

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Every one of your posts tbh.

Unless it's mentioning the Red Rifle.

HORNFROGS

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    LOL

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
    Every one of your posts tbh.
    Agreed

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven
    bregor do you live in the city or the burbs? where do you watch the games at on sundays?
    I live in Northwest. If I'm not working, I'll be at Buffalo Billiards in Dupont.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

omg how you afford city life, i am so jeal

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    omg how you afford city life, i am so jeal
    I'll PM you next time I'm heading there, I'll buy you domestic light beer with my big city money. Look for the Joe Thomas jersey.

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    I'll PM you next time I'm heading there, I'll buy you domestic light beer with my big city money. Look for the Joe Thomas jersey.
    lmao this is an awesome post

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Painter starting. My nightmare is complete
    Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Painter starting. My nightmare is complete
    Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    Kerry Collins was terrible, I don't see how he can be any worse

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Kerry Collins was terrible, I don't see how he can be any worse

.6QBR

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Should never have cut Jim Sorgi.

Reap what you sow.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    I'll fuckin be there wearing my Kellen. Is that appropriate? its the only Browns jersey I have.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You worked out Brodie Croyle, and decided to sign Dan Orlovsky.

Reap what you sow.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast