• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Pixel shader 2.0 question (warhammer online related)

Ok, so back at the day after Thanksgiving sale, I bought a new, pretty nice computer, 2.5 core 2 quad processor, 6gb ram, and the worst part of the ensemble, a kind of odd 320mb integrated graphics card. (Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family)

Then, earlier this week, I checked the minimum requirements online for Warhammer online, and bought it, got it home, installed it, and when I go to play, it says "System video card fails minimum specs -- Warhammer will now terminate"

Now, would lack of pixel shader 2.0 support be the problem, or what? And if it is the pixel shader thing, is there anyway around it?

Ridill
    BG Level

Yes, and maybe.

this thread about guitar hero: ScoreHero :: View topic - Guide: LOAD *GH3* ON ALMOST ANY *PC* - NEW GH3BOOST SOFTWARE might help, you'll probably have to figure out settings specifically needed for warhammer yourself, or search for them

it's going to lag badly though, you should probably just get standalone card

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Just buy a video card, that thing is a piece of crap and you're seriously limiting your computer by not upgrading it. You can get an nvidia geforce 8800 GT for like $150-$200. Not the best card in the world but it would be a HUUUUUUUUGE improvement on what you currently have.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Yes. To be honest, and I'm not say thats a bad card because it's not, lol, anything is better than what you have. Really, you have nothing. Any stand alone card will be vastly better than what you currently have. Thats a very good, and rather inexpensive card.