BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Channel Awesome.... Implosion?

Not sure who watches programming of Channel Awesome (generally Nostalgia Critic and friends). But some tweets caught my attention today. It appears that Phelous, a CA producer, decided to leave for some reason and was wiped clean off the site in a day.

Also, these tweets from Hope Chapman (JesuOtaku) who did Anime Reviews for the site before leaving a few months ago:

I see TGWTG is finally collapsing in on its own asshole as a producer has now quit and been eradicated from the site within a day.

Good riddance. The day's probably not long off where everyone who "worked" there can just be super-candid about the horrible experience.

(Yes, I know not *everyone* at TGWTG has had a horrible experience. The number of people who have is S T A G G E R I N G tho. Truth.)
    Then Lindsay Ellis (Nostalgia Chick), who announced she would be leaving the group soon, tweeted the following shortly thereafter:

THIIIIIIIINGS
    Looking around it appears several other individuals have recently left the site as well.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Linkara pretty much confirmed all the horrible bullshit while not calling anyone out by name. Also if someone wants a good tl;dr summary, this post will do.

http://marzgurl.tumblr.com/post/1722...management-has

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

They released the compiled google doc: https://t.co/BaDhfpGfMl

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

As a longtime viewer this doc is super interesting and all of this is super fucked up. It makes me sad to know that Nostalgia Critic, whose videos I really enjoy, is not who he represents himself as. Though honestly I didn't really enjoy the rest of the content on the site except Nostalgia Chick, who is doing just fine on her own now. I remember she bailed pretty early compared to the rest of them and I was confused why she parted ways with the site. After reading this, I'm honestly surprised any of them stuck around at all.

The website they were using was always a shitshow, clearly no webdesigner despite the fact that should have been a priority. It continually blows my mind that people who produce content day in and day out can't be bothered to present it in a way that makes sense.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    As a longtime viewer this doc is super interesting and all of this is super fucked up. It makes me sad to know that Nostalgia Critic, whose videos I really enjoy, is not who he represents himself as. Though honestly I didn't really enjoy the rest of the content on the site except Nostalgia Chick, who is doing just fine on her own now. I remember she bailed pretty early compared to the rest of them and I was confused why she parted ways with the site. After reading this, I'm honestly surprised any of them stuck around at all.

The website they were using was always a shitshow, clearly no webdesigner despite the fact that should have been a priority. It continually blows my mind that people who produce content day in and day out can't be bothered to present it in a way that makes sense.
    I enjoy Todd in the Shadows and Obscuras Lupa's rebrand is actually a lot better than what she was doing on CA (Baywatching series is amazing). I would have never discovered these two though without the Nostalgia Chick's storylines involving them.

Linkara has been really enjoyable, especially for his History of Power Ranger (which tons of people praised as they prepared for the new Power Rangers movie last year)

Angry Joe (who was the only real winner from Blistered Thumbs) is hit or miss.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ok I do agree with all of that. I was going to mention Todd in the Shadows as the other creator I liked and I did like some of Lupa's stuff.
    I watched Angry Joe once in a while when he talked about a game I was interested in but I was never a huge fan.
    Linkara always had good production quality and really sound videos but I just never got into him for some reason.

Still, I feel bad for all of them, to have their hard work rewarded that way.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm so confused. Am I familiar with any of these people work? Or is this just a YouTube channel I don't care about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I'm so confused. Am I familiar with any of these people work? Or is this just a YouTube channel I don't care about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Seconded. What the fuck is all this.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Channel Awesome as it is currently is basically a hub for certain content creators that have to be "hired on" to the site. They upload their videos to the site and are considered employees of the site. If you've heard of Nostalgia Critic, that's where it started (the site used to be called ThatGuyWiththeGlasses.com which is Nostalgia Critic's first moniker iirc). He got popular around or a little after Angry Video Game Nerd, pretty much in the same vein as that only instead of video game reviews he reviews nostalgic movies/cartoons. He and his brother (along with some administrators of the company/site) run Channel Awesome. Nostalgia Critic has always been the main headliner. The other content creators on the site are airing grievances of how they've been grossly mistreated by the unprofessionally-run company for 10+ years and treated even less than sideshows to the main draw.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh. I know AVGN, his shit's cool. Angry Joe too. I never liked Nostalgia Critic. Dude always came across as a try hard to me with awful delivery.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

NC used to be good when it was just the review and a quick joke, but ever since Doug revived the character it felt like it tried way too hard to shoehorn skits in than do an actual review.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    NC used to be good when it was just the review and a quick joke, but ever since Doug revived the character it felt like it tried way too hard to shoehorn skits in than do an actual review.
    The skits are to allow him to avoid YouTube copyright claims from studios.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    The skits are to allow him to avoid YouTube copyright claims from studios.
    Mixed with a bit of I think he's still bitter about his skit show Demo Reel sucking complete donkey balls and imploding on him.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Mixed with a bit of I think he's still bitter about his skit show Demo Reel sucking complete donkey balls and imploding on him.
    This is what it always struck me as. He's not creative enough to succeed with original content anyway, his whole success relies on making jokes about already-existing content. I hardly ever find NC skits funny or interesting...or well-made...sounds like they could be doing so much better if management was tight from the start and everyone involved was a bit smarter. It's too bad.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    This is what it always struck me as. He's not creative enough to succeed with original content anyway, his whole success relies on making jokes about already-existing content. I hardly ever find NC skits funny or interesting...or well-made...sounds like they could be doing so much better if management was tight from the start and everyone involved was a bit smarter. It's too bad.
    The sad thing is, his skits if they are with someone who knows what they are doing, can actually be funny. He's done a couple of crossovers with Linkara, Brad Jones and Spoony and for some reason, he'd actually listen to them and they'd come out decent. But when the three head honcho's think their shit don't stink and they know what they are doing, and disregard everything else, shit's going to go south in a hurry.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So apparently creators have been bailing since everything's been made public. They have gone from about 40 creators a month ago to about 10 now.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Might as well say 9. Angry Joe doesn't even have any mentions of Channel Awesome on his youtube page or website. I think his stuff just auto populates on the page.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So the saddest thing to come out of this so far is the individual "grooming" teen girls apparently was Jew Wario...

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yeah I heard about that last night. Apparantly he's the one the Jane Doe was talking about?