Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: zm8 suggestion please     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

zm8 suggestion please

Hi I am organizing a zm8 run soon for my friend(67 sam) and I(66 drk). So far the setup I have is drk(66) sam(67) pld(75) blm(75) whm(75) rdm(75). Will this setup work? What skillchain should we use? Dark? If it is needed, I think I can find another 75 rng to subsititue any of whm, rdm and blm. Is it going to be better? What other things we should prepare or pay attention?

Old Merits
    BG Level

You should be fine with anything with this setup, it has been done with worse setup all arround lvl 60+

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

heh, i went as 67 drk.. died 5 times and left 66 drk but i beat that A-hole in the end! MUHAHAHAHA

Set up was rdm/whm/blm/pld/drk/thf, just like yours exept for the sam was a thf, lvls were 65-70 we got high lvl help after dieing over and over again and delvling

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

ZM8 is my favorite arena fight of them all. I would recommend all magic users bring echo drops, including the paladin. Furthermore, be aware of Grand Wheel, which dispels Enmity within an area of effect. Make sure you communicate that to your paladin. 90% of the casualties in this fight are usually the mages first, which makes tanking a challenge, and why players like me enjoy it so much.

Also communicate that Kam'lanaut will occassionally cycle through elemental resistances and en-elementals. Every few seconds he will switch to a new elemental resistance and an en-element. The en-spell is dispellable, but the elemental resistance will remain and will absorb that element to regenerate HP. Mind that factor when casting magic or bursting.

Enjoy. It's a hell of a challenge.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Really easy.. Really really fun.. Tanked it as 60 NIN .. Well, ran around a lot.. Best part of that day "Kam'lanaut uses Light Blade, but misses Tetron." :D Our setup was a lot lower lv than yours, and we did fine, you should do great.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

To add onto what Zaris said, the biggest mistake my parties made in that BC was to keep the mages far away from the enemy, when he used Great Wheel the mages would not have hate reset (only resets on people it hits) which would cause dead mages.

Also, his enspell shows his elemental weakness and strength. For example, when he uses enfire he is much weaker to water. (Water > Fire > Ice > Wind > Earth > Thunder > Water, and shame on you if you forgot!)