BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links

Anyone playing this? I did try searching and couldn't find anything so I hope this isn't a duplicate topic.

It's Yu-Gi-Oh on mobile phone. I'm playing on Android but I'm sure it's on iOS too. I think it was only recently released. It's been a long time since I played but it seems to stick pretty true to the early trading card game from what I can see.

https://www.konami.com/yugioh/duel_links/en/

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Giving it a download to see what's up. They've also got Duel Generations up which I played for maybe a weekish a year ago or so. That one was pretty true to the card game, even having a campaign that roughly followed the anime, so I don't know what they could do differently. Always feels weird when companies release multiple games like that, unless this one is quite different.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Tried on Bluestacks, sadly it hates it won't open. Haven't tried Nox or memu yet.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm loving it. If you played Yugioh BAM on kongregate it's similar to it. It's a mini version of the game with it being 3 monsters/3 magic & trap cards on the field. You have 20-30 cards a deck to battle with and 4000LP. Also the AI is very stupid, but it may be that way for kids playing it. It's also fully voiced from the dub cast from back in the day.

There are a lot of OG to later series cards in the game too.

My duelist ID is 926-128-381 add me

If you're new then open neo-impact packs if you can. You'll get better cards in there.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The AI seems to get smarter as you stage up. Not sure if it ever gets 'good' but it definitely improves to the point where it very infrequently beats me on auto-duel. That may become more common place the higher stage you get to (I'm only at 17 right now)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is "bone up" a serious term? lol

Game seems fun. I like that it's not strictly the card game rules but some new combo of anime, real, and new rules. The voices can get a bit monotonous when you hear the same lines over and over, but they definitely give an epic feel at times. If you select your portrait at the bottom right you can select voice over quotes. Kaiba has some serious smack talk lol. Really curious if those play during multiplayer matches. I haven't had anyone say anything out of the norm back to me. I really like that it's not caught up with the current game in cards too. Big reason I didn't get into Duel Generations more or even the real game is all of the different craziness now, XYZ, Synchro, etc. Was too much to bother relearning.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I honestly really wanted Synchro Summoning, it was my favorite addition to the game in forever. I loved the 5D anime too which probably why I got hooked on how awesome Synchro was

(syncro?)

But yah I literally just downloaded this, IDK how old/new it is but I'm enjoying it, its a real mobile friendly version of Yu-Gi-Oh and I can dig it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One thing that'll help anyone starting that I didn't notice is anytime you advance to a new mission stage level, the NPC duelists reset to cap much like ranking up in other mobile energy based games. There's no energy system here, but you'll end up limited in advancement by world duels, so may as well milk what you can in the early levels for additional exp and items.

My ID is 452-806-582.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also auto-duel unlocks at Stage 6 which is really useful for grinding the AI scrubs

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Also auto-duel unlocks at Stage 6 which is really useful for grinding the AI scrubs
    I'm glad the auto ai isn't stupid too. Most games all they do is attack and barely use any skills or thought.

edit: that duel, malithar, I could have won it 4 turns early but I wanted to see what you had going for ya

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is about to become addicting for all the wrong reasons lol. Constant quips back and fourth are great too.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    This is about to become addicting for all the wrong reasons lol. Constant quips back and fourth are great too.
    That's nothing special. I have 36 copies of that card!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Now you will call ME the kind of games lol. Golden.

Imma swap some stuff around, flip effect silliness is too slow for real people.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Now you will call ME the kind of games lol. Golden.

Imma swap some stuff around, flip effect silliness is too slow for real people.
    I played against some gold rank 2 in casual with and he had almost the same exact deck as you

when I get some better cards I'm going full light deck.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Really wish you got at least the chest rewards for completing a friend duel, or even a little bit of exp. I get it could be gamed to hell and back, but kinda sucks not getting anything. Maybe if it takes off enough on BG we could put together a little tournament or something, pretty quick and fun, and the quips are just great when the right lines are available lol.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Found out this site and it's really helpful http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/edru5z1z

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also the Player icon taunts/messages definitely show/work in PVP, its fun, wish there were more options though.

Ridill
    BG Level

What set does it go up to? I haven't played in a couple years now. I'm assuming it's just the first few sets.
    I got tired of the constant unending Special Summon swarm the field win in 1-3 turns meta game that it got into and quit a little before the dual-type cards came out.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    What set does it go up to? I haven't played in a couple years now. I'm assuming it's just the first few sets.
    I got tired of the constant unending Special Summon swarm the field win in 1-3 turns meta game that it got into and quit a little before the dual-type cards came out.
    uhm, I don't know how far it goes, but not very. There's a few Ritual summons and a few Fusion monsters, but nothing beyond that tier as of yet.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    It's not following the real game sets so it's all over. There's ritual support cards that were released 2~ years ago, but a lot of it is still from the first couple years of the game. I like the balance of it at the moment. The 4k LP and lower deck size speeds things up, but they've refrained from releasing any super game ending cards that don't require any input or preparation, like Raigeki, Dark Hole, Mirror Force, etc. The highest 4 star summon is 1750 at the moment, best 1 tribute summon is 2200, etc. I'm sure power creep will change the field greatly over the next few months/year, but for now it's nice.

On a P2W scale, I'm a fan of the system they've got. If you want to full on whale, nothing to stop you. But putting in $6 for 10 packs + a 100% SR? That's not bad IMO, specially with it being limited to once per set.

If you're playing, post your friend codes. There's a Vagabond duelist that gives 2-4x as much exp as a standard duel and you can pass him off to friends occasionally. If you do pass him off, your best bet is picking the rule for "start with 1 card". Losing to him with that rule gives more exp than winning the next best option, giving 2150 exp for a loss. Also, you can friend duel, though there are no rewards. Still nice if you wanna test out a deck with someone who won't quit ASAP. Just be prepared to be told that you'll pay for your misdeeds, or that your card isn't anything special, I have 36 copies of it, or any of the other pretty fun lines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast